Bombers re-sign NAT DT Cam Lawson

Started by VictorRomano, December 22, 2023, 02:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

We're signing one player a day. That's a good pace to have towards the end of the year. I like that so many are signing 2 year deals.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Key national signing. I like this player!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers re-sign national defensive tackle Cam Lawson

WINNIPEG, MB., December 22, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year extension with Canadian defensive tackle Cam Lawson. He was scheduled to become a free agent in February.

Lawson (6-3, 281, Queen?s; born: October 7, 1998, in Caledon, ON) returns to Winnipeg for his third season in Blue and Gold, after originally being acquired in a trade in May of 2022.

Lawson has appeared in 33 games over those two seasons, and in 2023 he recorded five sacks, eight defensive tackles and an interception in 18 games, playing mainly in a rotational role.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

theaardvark

Awesome signing, the logical successor to Fatboi when he decides to retire. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Under rated signing. Our strategy is to spend all our DL money on the Jeffs and rotate cheap tackles in the middle hoping they can be serviceable. If they're better than serviceable, they go to FA for their pay day. This happened with Stove and Sayles and I expected this to happen with Lawson as I think he's great in his role. He's not a superstar but he's better than average and plays into our DL strategy quite well.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Another huge signing. Walters and co. are just killing it!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

bwiser

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 22, 2023, 04:28:41 PM
Under rated signing. Our strategy is to spend all our DL money on the Jeffs and rotate cheap tackles in the middle hoping they can be serviceable. If they're better than serviceable, they go to FA for their pay day. This happened with Stove and Sayles and I expected this to happen with Lawson as I think he's great in his role. He's not a superstar but he's better than average and plays into our DL strategy quite well.
One thing about Lawson signing is he is a National which really helps with the ratio.

Pigskin

Another good 2 year signing. Solid, reliable rotational player. Like to see him make a few more DTs this season. 

2023: 15 games, 8 DTs, 5 Sacks, 1 Int.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

Quote from: bwiser on December 22, 2023, 06:22:53 PM
One thing about Lawson signing is he is a National which really helps with the ratio.

I was today years old when I found out Lawson was a Nat.

Awesome.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Lawson gets better every year.  I think he's ready to start, should we require it.  Or be a legit rotational guy for an IMP DT starter.

I still think we could use a beast DT though... If you think in terms of puzzle pieces, that would be the key one on D.  blue_or_die may be right though: we may not have the $$ to allocate to DT.  I think keeping Walker is a priority.  He was very good this season.

Check out the CFL fa24 page: the "winning" teams (WPG, TOR, MTL(sigh)) have re-signed a bucket of guys already.  BC is strangely left out... I have no idea what their GM is doing.  But look at the mix of who's re-signing: TOR is mostly no-names; MTL is the same, except for their late-season star acquisitions.  Only WPG is putting more of a priority on the key players of each unit.  However, we will have to start seeing some star O re-signings soon to keep the morale and momentum going.

Imagine the boost if we announce Schoen re-signing!!
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 22, 2023, 06:56:55 PM
I was today years old when I found out Lawson was a Nat.

Awesome.
What?? You were today years old?? What does that even mean??

Blueforlife

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on December 23, 2023, 03:07:35 AM
Will be a career Bomber!
he started in Montreal so that is impossible but he could just stay here, yes.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 23, 2023, 03:12:02 AM
he started in Montreal so that is impossible but he could just stay here, yes.
Lol that aged poorly