2024 Blue Bombers Free Agency

Started by ModAdmin, November 25, 2023, 03:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on November 28, 2023, 07:12:32 PM
I can't think of too many guys who could be pulled out.

Dru Brown is possible, but I don't expect him back anyway, so whatever. Maybe a guy like Bailey if he's offered an increased opportunity/pay day, but Bailey is a loud proponent of not wanting to leave our culture. Maybe one of our OL shakes loose if they offer a pay day?

The thing about the Riders is there is likely a massive roster overall. They also have 36 players on their potential free agent list. I'd think a large number will be given an apple an a roadmap.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Interesting: A buddy just sent me ZC8 GC stats.

2019: 17/23  170 yards,  0 TDs, 0 INTs.
2021: 21/32  240 yards,  2 TDs, 2 INTs
2022: 14/23  183 yards,  0 TDs, 1 INT.
2023: 19/23  236 yards,  0 TDs, 1 INT.

Total: 71/101, 819 yards, 2TDs,  4 INTs.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on November 28, 2023, 07:22:58 PM
Interesting: A buddy just sent me ZC8 GC stats.

2019: 17/23  170 yards,  0 TDs, 0 INTs.
2021: 21/32  240 yards,  2 TDs, 2 INTs
2022: 14/23  183 yards,  0 TDs, 1 INT.
2023: 19/23  236 yards,  0 TDs, 1 INT.

Total: 71/101, 819 yards, 2TDs,  4 INTs.

Interesting how?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

No passing TDs in the last two GCs. And, only 2 in 4 GCs.

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on November 28, 2023, 07:12:32 PM
I can't think of too many guys who could be pulled out.

Dru Brown is possible, but I don't expect him back anyway, so whatever. Maybe a guy like Bailey if he's offered an increased opportunity/pay day, but Bailey is a loud proponent of not wanting to leave our culture. Maybe one of our OL shakes loose if they offer a pay day?

Brown is the number one loss.  But like you say, expected.

Oline, SSK can offer any of them a pay upgrade. and we have more Oline than we can field, so we could lose starters or backups to more money and/or more playing time,  Bailey, not going anywhere.  But guys like Augustine, BOO, and even Schoen can be pried away with playing time/pay increases. 

We could lose D players as well, Buck was the OC, but no doubt has relationships with players on all three phases.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on November 28, 2023, 07:57:34 PM
Brown is the number one loss.  But like you say, expected.

Oline, SSK can offer any of them a pay upgrade. and we have more Oline than we can field, so we could lose starters or backups to more money and/or more playing time,  Bailey, not going anywhere.  But guys like Augustine, BOO, and even Schoen can be pried away with playing time/pay increases. 

We could lose D players as well, Buck was the OC, but no doubt has relationships with players on all three phases.

The OL at risk of leaving is Dobson if he's not going to get starter time.

Schoen is guy who we're at risk to losing to FA, but that's to whoever the highest bidder/best situation is, could be anyone if we can't retain him.

BOO might leave us for more playing time, I don't think Sask is really in the market for receivers though. I think they like their guys.

There's no one I can really think of that we want to keep that would leave with Buck. If they leave, it's simply a budget/playing time thing and they more on to where ever the best opportunity is.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on November 28, 2023, 08:23:23 PM

Schoen is guy who we're at risk to losing to FA, but that's to whoever the highest bidder/best situation is, could be anyone if we can't retain him.

BOO might leave us for more playing time, I don't think Sask is really in the market for receivers though. I think they like their guys.

There's no one I can really think of that we want to keep that would leave with Buck. If they leave, it's simply a budget/playing time thing and they more on to where ever the best opportunity is.

I believe Dobson is still under contract for 2024. I can't see him going anywhere this season.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 28, 2023, 07:27:57 PM
Interesting how?
He?s thrown twice as many picks as TDS and in 3 of the 4 games, didn?t throw any TDs

Throw Long Bannatyne

Buck to Sask. or not, Brown should look at his best option to find quick success, no QB can overcome an O-line that can't block effectively and rebuilding a good O-line from scratch can take many years.  Sask. O-line is at ground zero, I don't know if they have any solid pieces in place.

I hope Brown signs for 2 years for good pay, goes to F.A., then comes back when Zach is ready to call it quits.  Like Lawler, he'll realize everything he's missing as soon as he plays elsewhere.

Big Daddy

Quote from: dd on November 29, 2023, 12:20:56 AM
He?s thrown twice as many picks as TDS and in 3 of the 4 games, didn?t throw any TDs

Stats are stats, that's it.  You can pull any correlations you want, doesn't mean there is cause.

He is 1 for 2 in games throwing under 200 yds, 1 for 2 in games over 200 yards.
He is 1 for 3 in games throwing at least one TD, 1 for 1 when he throws a TD pass.
He is 2 for 2 when TD:INT ratio is 1:1, 0 for 2 when worse than even.

And he is 2 for 2 when Andrew Harris played for us, and 0 for 2 without him.  Does anyone really believe AH was the deciding factor for us NOT winning either of the last 2 GCs? 

The sample size is too small to really draw anything from his specific stats.  Nothing astounding here in these stats other than in all four GC games his stats weren't all that impressive.  Yet we have 2 for 4 championships with that, which tells me how much football is a team game.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Big Daddy on November 29, 2023, 03:07:39 AM
Stats are stats, that's it.  You can pull any correlations you want, doesn't mean there is cause.

He is 1 for 2 in games throwing under 200 yds, 1 for 2 in games over 200 yards.
He is 1 for 3 in games throwing at least one TD, 1 for 1 when he throws a TD pass.
He is 2 for 2 when TD:INT ratio is 1:1, 0 for 2 when worse than even.

And he is 2 for 2 when Andrew Harris played for us, and 0 for 2 without him.  Does anyone really believe AH was the deciding factor for us NOT winning either of the last 2 GCs? 

The sample size is too small to really draw anything from his specific stats.  Nothing astounding here in these stats other than in all four GC games his stats weren't all that impressive.  Yet we have 2 for 4 championships with that, which tells me how much football is a team game.
Bomber fan for life

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on November 29, 2023, 12:20:56 AM

That still doesn't address how those stats are interesting relative to the 2024 free agency period.

It's a mediocre stat line but the team is 2-2 in those four games.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 29, 2023, 01:13:06 PM
That still doesn't address how those stats are interesting relative to the 2024 free agency period.

It's a mediocre stat line but the team is 2-2 in those four games.

I think the stats are very relevant, shows Zach did not have his best games in the GC and the pressure of the moment gets to him.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 29, 2023, 04:48:29 PM
I think the stats are very relevant, shows Zach did not have his best games in the GC and the pressure of the moment gets to him.

That has no relation to the 2024 free agency period.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

BOO has shown very well in his limited play8ng time and I don?t understand why we didn?t give him more opportunity to play and sit Woli. I think he ll catch on somewhere and be very productive, just wish it was with us.