Who is IN Who is OUT 2024?

Started by GOLDMEMBER, November 21, 2023, 01:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 26, 2023, 10:47:19 PM
The hell he will, I'd like to know who made this statement, guaranteed it wasn't Buck, more likely some mouthpiece that follow the Riders.  Bombers aren't going to sit back and let Buck run off with the fine china, especially with Wade Miller in charge.

Justin Dunk reported the interviews that the Riders had and some suspected coordinators (Aspiring HC's are asked who they would bring on as their staff).

The Bombers would absolutely not interfere with thier coaches leaving for promotions, so unless Hall is retiring and they're promoting Younger this year, he'd be free to go. Buck obviously can't take Brown with him, but he's a FA and signing with your old OC would be a tempting situation. No way in hell they get Brady there, though.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Riders would be foolish not to bring in the experienced milanovich as their HC

Jesse

Quote from: dd on November 27, 2023, 01:16:16 AM
Riders would be foolish not to bring in the experienced milanovich as their HC

I honestly believe that?s O?Days preferred choice. Which confirms it?s the wrong one, lol.
My wife is amazing!

Tiger

Quote from: J5V on November 26, 2023, 11:02:24 PM
LOL! Can you imagine the meltdown that'd be? LOL!

No doubt. Miller would have heads rolling. 

Miller wants to win, loves the club and is tough as nails. In no small part he has built the club to where it is now.  Don?t expect him to roll over.

As to the Riders, Buck etc.  it?s a lot of speculation and the media needs something to write about.  If I am going to Riderville as a player and probably coach I am asking for a lot of cash.  Leaving Winnipeg means leaving a settled team with talent, a great coach, atmosphere and you are going to a rebuild with acrimony and the greatest fans not showing up.  It also sucks to lose and not be in the running for the Cup.  Needs to be more than a 10% raise.  They also have Harris as QB unless his injury is worse than publicized or this is his swan song.  Brown May go for money or opportunity, but I would suspect NFL is desirable and Ticats are more probable than Riders.

BOO is just cray cray to excite readers.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Ridermania

Quote from: theaardvark on November 26, 2023, 09:28:31 PM
Yowtch.  Buck or Milanovich... I guess O'Day has to decide on a known quantity, or someone he can blame another year f struggles on. 

If he hires Milanovich and fails, it will be hard to blame the coach, but with Buck he has someone much easier to blame...

Do the Riders have any outstanding coaching contracts being paid out?  That would make Buck the more likeley choice from an SMS perspective.

Anyone taking the riders job is going to be in tough, the aren't good, and don't have a lot of potential either.  And O'Day has be gloriously unable to navigate the FA market effectively.  So there won't be anything good there...

O'Day hiring Buck, who brings Younger AND Dru Brown, and possibly some of the hoggies, and maybe even BO20 would be a dynamic shift in the west.  Can he pull that off, an can Buck succeed in the big chair?  I guess we will see.

All coaches are done being paid, starting a new free slate with coaching contracts.

Blue In BC

Just noticed that Darby is no longer on our IR. Did he ask to be released early?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Ridermania on November 27, 2023, 03:05:45 PM

All coaches are done being paid, starting a new free slate with coaching contracts.

OK.  Any idea why Shivers hasn't been mentioned?  Or has he?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 29, 2023, 01:53:44 PM
Just noticed that Darby is no longer on our IR. Did he ask to be released early?
I noticed him on the FA list.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 29, 2023, 03:50:33 PM
I noticed him on the FA list.

That was the potential free agent for mid February. Although we didn't expect him to be re-signed, he's no longer on the updated roster list. All the new rookie signings have been added as of today.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 29, 2023, 04:23:52 PM
That was the potential free agent for mid February. Although we didn't expect him to be re-signed, he's no longer on the updated roster list. All the new rookie signings have been added as of today.

I think they're done with Darby, Kramdi took his job and they have no intention of re-signing him.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 29, 2023, 04:26:43 PM
I think they're done with Darby, Kramdi took his job and they have no intention of re-signing him.

That wasn't quite the point. The same could be said about Rose as well. Note that Kramdi is also a potential free agent.

The point was that as a potential free agent they could just choose to not re-sign him but he's been deleted early. I'm ok with that but normally you just see them drop off the roster when free agency hits.

Also the few PR players have now dropped off the roster as well. In theory they could be re-signed although I don't expect that. The only point there is that Machino and Mauro are 2 year players and our global depth is low. Hansen is also a potential free agent. Not really sure if he returns. His performance after his return with non existent IMO.

That only leaves us with 3 global players in total with Hansen as a potential free agent. Expecting another 2 round draft of just 2 players again in 2024.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 29, 2023, 05:30:00 PM
That wasn't quite the point. The same could be said about Rose as well. Note that Kramdi is also a potential free agent.

The point was that as a potential free agent they could just choose to not re-sign him but he's been deleted early. I'm ok with that but normally you just see them drop off the roster when free agency hits.

Also the few PR players have now dropped off the roster as well. In theory they could be re-signed although I don't expect that. The only point there is that Machino and Mauro are 2 year players and our global depth is low. Hansen is also a potential free agent. Not really sure if he returns. His performance after his return with non existent IMO.

That only leaves us with 3 global players in total with Hansen as a potential free agent. Expecting another 2 round draft of just 2 players again in 2024.

I see your point, I don't even look at the roster anymore.  Didn't hear a word spoken about the Global program or TD Atlantic during Grey Cup week, looks like they've replaced the later with TD Pacific, maybe they're moving on from the Global program as well.  I mean what's the point?

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/cfl-announces-touchdown-pacific-between-ottawa-redblacks-and-bc-lions-in-victoria-1.2042283

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 29, 2023, 06:44:58 PM
I see your point, I don't even look at the roster anymore.  Didn't hear a word spoken about the Global program or TD Atlantic during Grey Cup week, looks like they've replaced the later with TD Pacific, maybe they're moving on from the Global program as well.  I mean what's the point?

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/cfl-announces-touchdown-pacific-between-ottawa-redblacks-and-bc-lions-in-victoria-1.2042283

I like the idea of TD Pacific. Hopefully they continue with the TD Atlantic as well. I know the Commish said it's time to determine whether to proceed with a new team in the Atlantic region or put it to bed.

IIRC there was a serious candidate involved in creating a 10th team. The on going issue is where and who pays for a stadium for any new team. The Lions created a pretty good temporary stadium in 2010 - 2011 while renos were being done to BC Place. It's possible to make that happen although at this point, I think unlikely we see this going ahead.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 30, 2023, 05:17:06 PM
I like the idea of TD Pacific. Hopefully they continue with the TD Atlantic as well. I know the Commish said it's time to determine whether to proceed with a new team in the Atlantic region or put it to bed.

IIRC there was a serious candidate involved in creating a 10th team. The on going issue is where and who pays for a stadium for any new team. The Lions created a pretty good temporary stadium in 2010 - 2011 while renos were being done to BC Place. It's possible to make that happen although at this point, I think unlikely we see this going ahead.

Insiders have said that this is replacing TD Atlantic this year. I expect that this event will now move across the country as a way to reach more fans.

Randy always talks about "serious candidates" who clearly are not that serious. A 10th team is not possible unless someone builds a stadium and there is no interest in spending that much public money on that kind of project right now. We're very lucky we got ours when we did.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on November 30, 2023, 07:12:48 PM
Insiders have said that this is replacing TD Atlantic this year. I expect that this event will now move across the country as a way to reach more fans.

Randy always talks about "serious candidates" who clearly are not that serious. A 10th team is not possible unless someone builds a stadium and there is no interest in spending that much public money on that kind of project right now. We're very lucky we got ours when we did.

Funny to see so many CFL fans on FB grousing about this move away from Atlantic Canada, many are ex-pat Rider fans, but too bad, the Schooners had 20+ years to make something happen and did nothing.