Who is IN Who is OUT 2024?

Started by GOLDMEMBER, November 21, 2023, 01:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Defense Numbers.

Teams: Hallett 21, Exume 17, Cadwallader 16, Cole 14, Briggs 10, JA27 8, Maruo 7, Clement 6, Kramdi 6, Kelly 6.  

Sacks: Jefferson 11, Jeffcoat 7, Walker 6, Lawson 5, Thomas 5, Bighill 4, Haba 4. Impressed that Haba had 4 sacks in his limited playing time.

D. Tackles: Bighill 74, Holm 64, Houston 50, BA 41, Wilson 41, Walker 38, Nichols 38, Rose 32, WJ5 21, JJ94 21.

INTs.  Houston 7, BA 2, Holm 2, Rose 1, Lawson 1.

Fox: 1 game 3 DTs, 1 Sack.

Haba: 12 DTs, 4 Sacks.  Limited

Walker: 38 DTs, 4 Sacks.  Very good year.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

J5V

What I just can't shake out of my mind are those last two passes by Fajardo -- one on 3rd and five that went for 30 yards, and then the TD throw. It was like two daggers to the heart. How in the world were we not able to stop that from happening? It just seems that if you're going to be a championship team you just have to have a stop there. That points obviously to defensive personnel. We just have to be better next year and I'm okay with moving on from the defensive personnel that failed us when it mattered most.
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: J5V on November 25, 2023, 12:20:10 AM
What I just can't shake out of my mind are those last two passes by Fajardo -- one on 3rd and five that went for 30 yards, and then the TD throw. It was like two daggers to the heart. How in the world were we not able to stop that from happening? It just seems that if you're going to be a championship team you just have to have a stop there. That points obviously to defensive personnel. We just have to be better next year and I'm okay with moving on from the defensive personnel that failed us when it mattered most.
The truly sad part is, this is exactly what happened a year ago by a then unknown Chad Kelly, coming off the bench, and lit us up like a christmas tree. Same big plays against us. Parker wasn't just beat on the play, he was humiliated. Roc Carmichael embarrassed/didn't have a clue where his receiver was. If we're cutting people, I'd start there.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on November 25, 2023, 01:53:41 PM
The truly sad part is, this is exactly what happened a year ago by a then unknown Chad Kelly, coming off the bench, and lit us up like a christmas tree. Same big plays against us. Parker wasn't just beat on the play, he was humiliated. Roc Carmichael embarrassed/didn't have a clue where his receiver was. If we're cutting people, I'd start there.
The TD pass to Phillpot was Houston's assignment and Cody threw a perfect strike just past his outstretched fingertips.     On the previous throw Parker had his back turned to the ball and if the ball wasn't under thrown, it's a TD.    He seemed resigned to simply making the tackle to prevent a TD and at that point they were well within easy FG range to tie it.   Parker was in for Rose who I believe, didn't even dress for the game, correct me if I'm wrong.    Apparently Cody and  Calvillo had schemed for Parker and it obviously worked in crunch time.    They also used those quick outs to eliminate the rush threat from WJ and JJ which essentially nullified the rush.
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 25, 2023, 03:58:32 PM
The TD pass to Phillpot was Houston's assignment and Cody threw a perfect strike just past his outstretched fingertips.     On the previous throw Parker had his back turned to the ball and if the ball wasn't under thrown, it's a TD.    He seemed resigned to simply making the tackle to prevent a TD and at that point they were well within easy FG range to tie it.   Parker was in for Rose who I believe, didn't even dress for the game, correct me if I'm wrong.    Apparently Cody and  Calvillo had schemed for Parker and it obviously worked in crunch time.    They also used those quick outs to eliminate the rush threat from WJ and JJ which essentially nullified the rush.

I think Parker got beat on a double move, he was expecting a quick pass to the flats and had to play catch up when Spieker faked a cut and blew by him, credit to the Als for setting that play up all day.

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 25, 2023, 04:19:25 PM
I think Parker got beat on a double move, he was expecting a quick pass to the flats and had to play catch up when Spieker faked a cut and blew by him, credit to the Als for setting that play up all day.
For sure, but as a defensive player, the short pass isn't going to kill you, give up the deep double move........

Ridermania

Buck getting interviewed on Monday for Riders HC position.  He would bring Jordan Younger with him on his new staff. 

It's down to Buck or Scott Milanovich for HC.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Ridermania on November 26, 2023, 11:47:03 AM
Buck getting interviewed on Monday for Riders HC position.  He would bring Jordan Younger with him on his new staff. 

Wow, interesting? 
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

Quote from: dd on November 25, 2023, 01:53:41 PM
I don't disagree with anything you've said here. Let's take it a bit further up the chain .. schemes on O and D left something to be desired IMO. I have found myself complaining several times this season about Buck's lack of imagination and Richie Hall's porous secondary. Did we do the best we could with the personnel we had available, or could we have done better, much better.

Richie Hall's D has been what it is for as long as he's been here. It's a bend, don't break type of D philosophy but it's only going to work as well as the personnel allows it to. I'm willing to give Richie Hall a pass as I've seen this D be lights-out in the past. I do think the problems on D are personnel-related.

My take on Buck is a little different. When Collaros first came here Buck seemed more than willing to take chances on Zach's arm and our O went from mediocre to prolific. For some reason something has changed. Buck has become far more conservative the last two seasons and I believe it has cost us. I have been experiencing the same kind of frustration with Buck as I used to with Lapo, namely, we've become very predictable. Never was that more evident to me than in the last two Grey Cup game fourth quarters. Two games where we had the game won until we wimped out and lost it late. This I don't blame on personnel but on scheme/philosophy. Personally, I'd rather go down in flames trying to win than to wimp out trying not to lose.
Go Bombers!

Jesse

That would be a major hit to our organizational depth. I always assumed Younger would take over for Hall.
My wife is amazing!

BBRT

Will be interesting to see what happens if Buck is the Rider next head coach. Interesting from both a Rider and Bomber perspective. I do believe there will be a number of changes within the Bomber Organization in 2024. If they do not sign Kyle Walters one has to wonder what the organization will look like in 2024? Lots of moving parts to play out but the first one IMHO is to either sign Walters or not and then move on.

J5V

Quote from: BBRT on November 26, 2023, 05:00:06 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens if Buck is the Rider next head coach. Interesting from both a Rider and Bomber perspective. I do believe there will be a number of changes within the Bomber Organization in 2024. If they do not sign Kyle Walters one has to wonder what the organization will look like in 2024? Lots of moving parts to play out but the first one IMHO is to either sign Walters or not and then move on.
Yes agreed and if I know Wade Miller he will find the right personnel to improve this team. If Kyle moves on, we need to find the next man up.
Go Bombers!

theaardvark

Yowtch.  Buck or Milanovich... I guess O'Day has to decide on a known quantity, or someone he can blame another year f struggles on. 

If he hires Milanovich and fails, it will be hard to blame the coach, but with Buck he has someone much easier to blame...

Do the Riders have any outstanding coaching contracts being paid out?  That would make Buck the more likeley choice from an SMS perspective.

Anyone taking the riders job is going to be in tough, the aren't good, and don't have a lot of potential either.  And O'Day has be gloriously unable to navigate the FA market effectively.  So there won't be anything good there...

O'Day hiring Buck, who brings Younger AND Dru Brown, and possibly some of the hoggies, and maybe even BO20 would be a dynamic shift in the west.  Can he pull that off, an can Buck succeed in the big chair?  I guess we will see.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on November 26, 2023, 09:28:31 PM
Yowtch.  Buck or Milanovich... I guess O'Day has to decide on a known quantity, or someone he can blame another year f struggles on. 

If he hires Milanovich and fails, it will be hard to blame the coach, but with Buck he has someone much easier to blame...

Do the Riders have any outstanding coaching contracts being paid out?  That would make Buck the more likeley choice from an SMS perspective.

Anyone taking the riders job is going to be in tough, the aren't good, and don't have a lot of potential either.  And O'Day has be gloriously unable to navigate the FA market effectively.  So there won't be anything good there...

O'Day hiring Buck, who brings Younger AND Dru Brown, and possibly some of the hoggies, and maybe even BO20 would be a dynamic shift in the west.  Can he pull that off, an can Buck succeed in the big chair?  I guess we will see.

The hell he will, I'd like to know who made this statement, guaranteed it wasn't Buck, more likely some mouthpiece that follow the Riders.  Bombers aren't going to sit back and let Buck run off with the fine china, especially with Wade Miller in charge.

J5V

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 26, 2023, 10:47:19 PM
The hell he will, I'd like to know who made this statement, guaranteed it wasn't Buck, more likely some mouthpiece that follow the Riders.  Bombers aren't going to sit back and let Buck run off with the fine china, especially with Wade Miller in charge.
LOL! Can you imagine the meltdown that'd be? LOL!
Go Bombers!