Let's not get down be positive!

Started by Austin85, November 20, 2023, 04:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

Yes it hurts I know. I'm a fan since 1971 and I seen allot and been to allot of games. I've been to 6 grey cups and going next year. We went to four Grey Cups in a row, teams would kill to do that. Give them credit from the top down, in a salary cap era were you can only spend so much in every position. The Edmonton team from 78 to 82 did it without a salary cap!!  So we can be proud of our organization our team and us the fans.
  I love our team we waited 29 years and now we've been to 4 in a row. I think that's awesome.  We won two. These players stayed in Winnipeg cause they love the locker room the fans the coaches and management.
   It just come down to a few plays and we have been on the winning side of some of those remember 1988 the tipped interception, by Micheal Gray. Plus regular seasons wins that come down to a few plays. Let's be positive and look forward to another year of blue bomber football.  Long live the CFL the greatest football league !!
Go Bombers Go! I love you for ever!!

blue_gold_84

This is your best thread yet.

I'm still salty about last night's loss but I love this team all the same. Let's see if they can make it five in a row.

Go Blue!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

drahgon

Agreed, did anyone pre-2019 predict 4 grey cup appearances in a row?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: drahgon on November 20, 2023, 04:50:23 PM
Agreed, did anyone pre-2019 predict 4 grey cup appearances in a row?

I don't think anyone predicted even one GC appearance going into 2019. LOL :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

bwiser

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 20, 2023, 04:52:18 PM
I don't think anyone predicted even one GC appearance going into 2019. LOL :D
I didn't think the Bombers would beat Calgary in Calgary in 2019 never mind winning the cup.

The Zipp

Thank goodness the NFL right now to cleanse may palate of that loss.  That is about as positive as I can get. 

GOLDMEMBER

Thanks Austin that read made me feel a bit better!

I guess we are pretty darn fortunate these last 4 years.

Loosing Dru Brown to another CFL team and potentially Brady to the NFL tryout BS I fear will be a real hurt to us.

Jets and  superb NFL action will be me entertained the rest of the winter.

Hey at least the weather is fantastic which will make this winter a shorter one.

Forum is awesome.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bwiser on November 20, 2023, 05:15:00 PM
I didn't think the Bombers would beat Calgary in Calgary in 2019 never mind winning the cup.
This is very true.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Austin85 on November 20, 2023, 04:35:37 PM
Yes it hurts I know. I'm a fan since 1971 and I seen allot and been to allot of games. I've been to 6 grey cups and going next year. We went to four Grey Cups in a row, teams would kill to do that. Give them credit from the top down, in a salary cap era were you can only spend so much in every position. The Edmonton team from 78 to 82 did it without a salary cap!!  So we can be proud of our organization our team and us the fans.
  I love our team we waited 29 years and now we've been to 4 in a row. I think that's awesome.  We won two. These players stayed in Winnipeg cause they love the locker room the fans the coaches and management.
   It just come down to a few plays and we have been on the winning side of some of those remember 1988 the tipped interception, by Micheal Gray. Plus regular seasons wins that come down to a few plays. Let's be positive and look forward to another year of blue bomber football.  Long live the CFL the greatest football league !!
Go Bombers Go! I love you for ever!!

100%!   Thanks for this.....
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

I'm with Austin.  I consider getting to the GC a major win.  Winning it is gravy.  All the other teams (including 16-2 TOR) would kill to be in our position.  The entire team and coaching staff did an amazing job all season and came, once again, so close to winning it all.  And we're going to be favorites to go to the GC in 2024 too.

No reason to be too down.  You want to be down, be a SSK or OTT fan right now.  That said, we can be critical.  Being critical is how we solve the puzzle for next year.
Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

great post austin85 - exactly how I've been feeling after a short sleep.

Nothing to be ashamed of with this team - dominant throughout the year, and the groundwork is set for the future. 

ModAdmin

It shouldn't be lost on anyone that the current management/coaching staff have brought this team to where it is now.  We can debate why we lost the Grey Cups to Toronto and to Montreal but, since 2014, to be steadily improving and participating in 4 straight Grey Cup games is a result of people like Wade Miller, Kyle Walters, Mike O'Shea and his staff as well as our scouts and support staff.

Personally, I do not know what the future holds but I do believe we are in good hands with people on staff who know what it takes to build and maintain a winning team.  Good management and coaching usually makes positive results.

First priority is to re-sign Kyle Walters.  I'm confident the rest - drafting, recruitment, free agency, etc. - will fall in place.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

barbk

2nd year with not winning the Grey Cup to me wasn't the end of the world for me.  I've been a bomber fan and season ticket holder (since I was six) for almost 57 years.  I have learnt the agony of defend in not winning the cup as a fan.  We went 29 years without winning  the cup and now have gone 4 years being in Grey Cup, so for me I'm very proud of being part of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the Province of Manitoba including all the fans/management/coaches/players.

I am amazed on how we really are the loudest fans in the CFL.  I have kept up the tradition with my family on supporting our team through thick and thin and looking forward to the 2024 season.

Go Bombers Go

Sir Blue and Gold

Since 2019 we've been the most spoiled fan base in the CFL and it's not even close. Would it feel better winning 3 out of 4 Grey Cups? Yes. Does it really matter all that much? To me, no.

wpg#1

I always look at it this way ... was it a fun season, was it worth the price I paid, did I have fun ? Win or lose I can say YES to all of those questions.
Yes it hurts, but it was fun to the end, and I will continue to support this team until I can't any more.

Here's to 2024 ... GO BLUE !
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !