Bombers Off Season

Started by bwiser, November 20, 2023, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on November 24, 2023, 05:45:12 PM
I'd like to see him in the 180k range.

That's where I'd like as well but could see him higher. That may be the incentive for him to stay in the CFL and not look southward.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 24, 2023, 05:42:23 PM
I like McCrae but still think it's time to move on or at least have significant competition. Unless we lose Oliveria ( and Augustine ) and he has a good chance to become the starter. If he's only only to be a DI does deserve a raise, if so how much compared to a younger, less expensive player with higher upside?

McCrae as a starting RB???  I don't think so.  The Bomber running game is built on smash mouth football, not dodge, duck, and scoot.

drahgon

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 24, 2023, 05:49:40 PM
That's where I'd like as well but could see him higher. That may be the incentive for him to stay in the CFL and not look southward.

I would guess min 200k. Harris was just below that and Brady is younger plus the cap has increased since Harris was here.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 24, 2023, 08:26:35 PM
McCrae as a starting RB???  I don't think so.  The Bomber running game is built on smash mouth football, not dodge, duck, and scoot.

I don't think so either but that wasn't quite the point. If our ratio changes to an import RB then all bets are off. I'd rather find a younger rookie on an ELC that has more upside.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: drahgon on November 24, 2023, 09:55:15 PM
I would guess min 200k. Harris was just below that and Brady is younger plus the cap has increased since Harris was here.

You saw how much the leading RB's in the CFL earn. Aside from having a ratio advantage as a Canadian, more than $200K is too much IMO. THE SMS is increasing but not by that much.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 24, 2023, 10:12:15 PM
You saw how much the leading RB's in the CFL earn. Aside from having a ratio advantage as a Canadian, more than $200K is too much IMO. THE SMS is increasing but not by that much.
Agreed. I m sure BO is well aware that the situation here is very good for him and I doubt he gets that situation anywhere else--he's a local boy done good, fans love him because he's one of their own, but more importantly, our offensive scheme is designed perfectly to him and his skill sets..its smash mouth all the way here, which is him all the way. No other team in the league pounds the ball like we do, nobody's even close. So I m thinking he's going to do his NFL stint, get cut, and then Walters will make him a fair offer, which he'd better accept, as it won't get any better than right here.

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on November 24, 2023, 11:05:16 PM
Agreed. I m sure BO is well aware that the situation here is very good for him and I doubt he gets that situation anywhere else--he's a local boy done good, fans love him because he's one of their own, but more importantly, our offensive scheme is designed perfectly to him and his skill sets..its smash mouth all the way here, which is him all the way. No other team in the league pounds the ball like we do, nobody's even close. So I m thinking he's going to do his NFL stint, get cut, and then Walters will make him a fair offer, which he'd better accept, as it won't get any better than right here.

The problem is that he might not return from any NFL TC offer until Sept. Money many no longer be available in that range and we may have moved to an import RB ratio change.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 25, 2023, 01:21:55 PM
The problem is that he might not return from any NFL TC offer until Sept. Money many no longer be available in that range and we may have moved to an import RB ratio change.
oh, for sure. That's what I mean...BO had better fully understand that the situation he has here right now will not get any better anywhere else, in fact, the situation will likely change here if he returns and what once was is no more. If he goes to the NFL, he will be nothing more than PR fodder, and when he comes back, things will be different.

Jesse

Looks like we're not bringing back Paul Boudreau as STC.

A coaching shake-up is a little unexpected but honestly welcome.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: Jesse on January 03, 2024, 11:54:39 PM
Looks like we're not bringing back Paul Boudreau as STC.

A coaching shake-up is a little unexpected but honestly welcome.
Our ST s were our weakness this year, this move is not unexpected and I m glad we re going to try and improve there

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on January 04, 2024, 03:36:59 AM
Our ST s were our weakness this year, this move is not unexpected and I m glad we re going to try and improve there
we were abysmal without any return threat after JG was injured and our KO and punt coverage usually resulted in losing the battle of field position.    The only bright light on STs was Sergio who had decent numbers albeit not league leading in any categories.    I don't think he missed a FG in the last two Grey Cup appearances but I do believe he did miss a PAT.
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Slow week for the Bombers. Hopefully some players have been signed but announcements have not been made yet. Lots of work to be done.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on January 04, 2024, 04:46:21 AM
we were abysmal without any return threat after JG was injured and our KO and punt coverage usually resulted in losing the battle of field position.    The only bright light on STs was Sergio who had decent numbers albeit not league leading in any categories.    I don't think he missed a FG in the last two Grey Cup appearances but I do believe he did miss a PAT.
Our coverage teams struggled all year. Every time we punted I was holding my breath. I am hoping we address this issue for sure, as you're right, we lost the field position battle in most games this year, which makes it tough to battle through.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 06, 2024, 02:20:03 PM
Slow week for the Bombers. Hopefully some players have been signed but announcements have not been made yet. Lots of work to be done.

I'm pretty sure this time of year is when the front office takes their vacations.

Probably be a slow couple of weeks before anything starts to happen again.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on January 06, 2024, 07:13:50 PM
I'm pretty sure this time of year is when the front office takes their vacations.

Probably be a slow couple of weeks before anything starts to happen again.

Read somewhere CFL winter meetings being held in Nashville, Jan. 7-9.