Bombers Off Season

Started by bwiser, November 20, 2023, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: jdrattops on November 20, 2023, 05:55:53 PM
I'm hoping O'Shea is able to move on from some vets next season whom seem to be on the downside of their careers.  One thing that is a must is signing Dru Brown.  He's the future and when was the last time we can say as Bomber fans that we developed our own.  Question to the gurus on here, was Collaros's contract guaranteed for the full 3 seasons?  Or just the last?  Don't get me wrong, I still love Zack, but Dru Brown should be starting games next season.

50% of his final year is guaranteed.

He is still our starter. There's no point in speculating about Zach at all.

My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: jdrattops on November 20, 2023, 05:55:53 PM
I'm hoping O'Shea is able to move on from some vets next season whom seem to be on the downside of their careers.  One thing that is a must is signing Dru Brown.  He's the future and when was the last time we can say as Bomber fans that we developed our own.  Question to the gurus on here, was Collaros's contract guaranteed for the full 3 seasons?  Or just the last?  Don't get me wrong, I still love Zack, but Dru Brown should be starting games next season.

That's pretty speculative about Brown. He might be a starter somewhere in 2024 or never. Without knowing what the rest of our roster looks like with the supporting cast is nearly as important.

There is already speculation that MBT will return to the CFL. O'Rourke might decide to return as well. So let the musical chairs begin.

It's interesting that we see suggestions about " downside " about this player or that player. Then it turns the thought of trading him to some team for a bunch of top  players and the keys to Fort Knox.

You don't think if we cut him, that'd he'd be picked up by several other teams? Trading a player with a large contract not the easiest thing to do either.

Every off season we hear similar suggestions about someone that may appear to be on the downside. It doesn't usually happen. I'd argue that Collaros didn't regress but perhaps our play calling did.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on November 20, 2023, 06:03:21 PM
50% of his final year is guaranteed.

He is still our starter. There's no point in speculating about Zach at all.

Dropping Collaros for Brown as some are suggesting reaks of the Jake Maier buy in made by the Stamps, not a sensible way to transition into unknown territory. 

Sec223

This BO talk about the NFL makes me laugh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sec223 on November 20, 2023, 07:05:16 PM
This BO talk about the NFL makes me laugh.
Apparently he is adamant but yes it makes me laugh as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

If I was him I'd try it now too. This window is his only shot. It's a long shot. But logically it makes sense.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 20, 2023, 07:32:35 PM
If I was him I'd try it now too. This window is his only shot. It's a long shot. But logically it makes sense.

The question is how long does he wait and does he get any guarantees in any deal. As a potential free agent he could wait to or beyond NFL TC or final roster if he gets a TC offer.

IMO he may not even see an offer in the early days but that doesn't stop him from hoping. That said he may miss the boat trying to return back to the Bombers in late fall for example. Either we've replaced him and are winning or we've been losing and are a struggling team.

It's a risk to him as much as it is with the Bombers.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 20, 2023, 07:32:35 PM

I agree take a shot. I don't think BO has reached his full potential yet, but if he gets a chance take it.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on November 20, 2023, 07:50:13 PM
I agree take a shot. I don't think BO has reached his full potential yet, but if he gets a chance take it.

NFL always has lots of choices in each draft at the RB position. If he gets a shot take it but odds are one of the worst positions due to supply and demand.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

Quote from: jdrattops on November 20, 2023, 06:00:02 PM
I think Zach takes us down and wins the game if there was a minute and half to go.  Two seasons in a row the defense couldn't hold.  Both times we had teams in second and long situations that if stopped we would have been raising the cup.  Of the starting QBs in the league, Cody's my 10th pick.
This years finish was almost identical to the game in Hamilton in 2021. The Bombers had the Tiger Cats in second and long and instead of letting Masoli run for 13 yards, we picked him off to win the game. Hamilton had a chance to tie the game late in the fourth quarter but a play by Nicholls saved the game which sent it to overtime. This year we need a DB to make a play to send it to overtime and Houston gets burnt.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bwiser on November 20, 2023, 08:09:27 PM
This years finish was almost identical to the game in Hamilton in 2021. The Bombers had the Tiger Cats in second and long and instead of letting Masoli run for 13 yards, we picked him off to win the game. Hamilton had a chance to tie the game late in the fourth quarter but a play by Nicholls saved the game which sent it to overtime. This year we need a DB to make a play to send it to overtime and Houston gets burnt.
very true. Houston had a rough game and that play cost us the game.

At least we cannot blame Leggio again! :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Cool Spot

Quote from: Jesse on November 20, 2023, 06:01:53 PM
One game doesn't change his entire career.

Eh, I think it changes it a little, especially if that game is the Grey Cup.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Cool Spot on November 20, 2023, 08:56:34 PM
Eh, I think it changes it a little, especially if that game is the Grey Cup.
He might be on the perfect team for his skill set....part of his success is his belief in himself....that's not to be underestimated.   That defence is one of the better Ds in the CFL and you can win with an adequate QB.   They have some great young receivers as well...who burned us.    As I said before I'm not a Cody fan...however he got it done and he's a gamer.
If we played them next week, the results could be similar....we were oh so close which is the heart breaking part as our team is very tight....as Adam said "we're family in here"
Bomber fan for life

dd

Brady?s stock is high right now so he will give the nfl a shot and get it out if his system. No way in hell he makes it but go ahead knock yourself out , Johnny A will take full advantage of the opportunity and when Brady comes back I d be running a 2 back system and running jet sweeps, running off tackle with a back helping break contain etc. no team will be prepared for that and we d have 2 very productive backs on the field running all over defenses.

Pigskin

Iam hoping we can get Tyrell Ford for 2024.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.