Bombers Off Season

Started by bwiser, November 20, 2023, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on November 20, 2023, 10:37:58 PM
Brady?s stock is high right now so he will give the nfl a shot and get it out if his system. No way in hell he makes it but go ahead knock yourself out , Johnny A will take full advantage of the opportunity and when Brady comes back I d be running a 2 back system and running jet sweeps, running off tackle with a back helping break contain etc. no team will be prepared for that and we d have 2 very productive backs on the field running all over defenses.
Brady has said it on more than one occasion that he hasn't come near to reaching his full potential and  he was our best offensive weapon on Sunday.   Apparently Milt Stegall commented that they should have given him the ball 35 times as opposed to 19.   He also caught 2 passes, and was by far our most productive offensive weapon.    Had we won he would have likely won MVP and MOC as did Andrew Harris in 2019....
So, he really believes in himself and as you say he needs to get this out of his system while he's still young enough and of course the Bombers will wish him well and of course they will take him back should he be a late cut.    That would suck the big one for JA27 however and running a Thunder and Lightning package although a tempting option, likely wouldn't play out as we might hope.   Poor Johnny has been playing in the shadow of both AH33 and BO20 for what, four years running?  
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

I hope Anthony Bennett can take a big step forward for 2024.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on November 22, 2023, 04:03:00 PM

He may but he may be hard pressed to even make the roster. I'd think we might look to see who is available in free agency and whether it's affordable etc.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on November 22, 2023, 04:03:00 PM

It would be nice but he was lucky enough to play the entire season and rarely made an impact, I don't think the ferocious nature of a DE is something that can be easily taught, especially without being physically gifted.

bluebeard

I also wonder if Buck is interested in the Rider HC job?  A loss for us if he is.  Also would he take Brown with him if he got it as they need a QB?  Wasn't Richie Hall going to retire a couple of years ago?  He used to live in Regina.  All these questions because we lost the cup. ???

Jesse

Quote from: dd on November 20, 2023, 10:37:58 PM
Brady?s stock is high right now so he will give the nfl a shot and get it out if his system. No way in hell he makes it but go ahead knock yourself out , Johnny A will take full advantage of the opportunity and when Brady comes back I d be running a 2 back system and running jet sweeps, running off tackle with a back helping break contain etc. no team will be prepared for that and we d have 2 very productive backs on the field running all over defenses.

Johnny A is a special teamer.

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 22, 2023, 04:36:00 PM
He may but he may be hard pressed to even make the roster. I'd think we might look to see who is available in free agency and whether it's affordable etc.

I honestly hope he's cut. It means we've actually found more effective pieces. I think Hammy has a few NI DE's.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

I, for one, would laugh at either scenario of Pierce or Pierce and Brown going to SK to try and put out that dumpster fire.

Pierce and Brown potentially going elsewhere never hinged on whether or not the Bombers won GC110.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 22, 2023, 05:20:08 PM
I think Hammy has a few NI DE's.

I'd love to see Kongbo back in blue and gold.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 22, 2023, 05:21:18 PM
Pierce and Brown potentially going elsewhere never hinged on whether or not the Bombers won GC110.

Nah, it just takes the sting out a little.

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 22, 2023, 05:23:16 PM
I'd love to see Kongbo back in blue and gold.

Him or Bennett
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 22, 2023, 05:21:18 PM
I, for one, would laugh at either scenario of Pierce or Pierce and Brown going to SK to try and put out that dumpster fire.

I think the loss sealed the deal for Buck, he probably wasn't going anyway but now he's probably determined to get back to the cup again and win it with Zach.  Starting at the bottom is not a very enticing opportunity for any HC, and it can lead to career suicide.

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 22, 2023, 04:36:00 PM

I know Mason Bennett would like to return to Winnipeg. He had a down year with injuries and very little playing time. At the right price, he could be an excellent pickup.

Pigskin

Receivers:

Signed: Demski 29, Lawler 29, Murphy 24.

Un-signed. Bailey 30, Schoen 27, Woli 28, BOO 27.

PR. Ambles 31, Blackmon 26, Alston 24.

I think if they sign Schoen, they will have to let Bailey and Boo walk.

QB's.

Signed: Collaros 35.

Un-signed: Brown 26, Purkop 30.

Pete

it seems like a repeat record in playoffs, teams get aggressive on dline, and Collaros has an "off game"
Has he thrown for more than 250 yards in a grey cup game? His td to interception ratio is way off from the regular season as well. He also seems to turn the ball over in the red zone a number of times.
We should at least look at renegotiating his contract so as to keep Dru Brown.

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on November 22, 2023, 07:13:18 PM
Receivers:

Signed: Demski 29, Lawler 29, Murphy 24.

Un-signed. Bailey 30, Schoen 27, Woli 28, BOO 27.

PR. Ambles 31, Blackmon 26, Alston 24.

I think if they sign Schoen, they will have to let Bailey and Boo walk.

QB's.

Signed: Collaros 35.

Un-signed: Brown 26, Purkop 30.

I don't think Bailey and BOO would break the bank...my question is why resign Lawler, big ticket salary and average production...

Pete

Lawler is signed for 2024 at 300k. not sure how much if any is guaranteed, but it is a good question if the money wouldn't be better spent with Schoen, likely we could save 100k for elsewhere . Its unlikely we could sign both of them.
However thuis hasnt been the M. O.  of this team to cut signed players