Bombers Off Season

Started by bwiser, November 20, 2023, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Comical revisionist history. The baseless assumptions are equally hilarious. Yeah, I'm sure the guy will just forget about his time with the Argos where he managed to win another championship over his former team. Jee-zus.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: DM83 on January 14, 2024, 09:20:05 PM
Ards?really.
cFL back up or bc Junior league head coach?

If he?s done, which I thought he was, two years ago. However last year, as a part-time back up, he looked good.
I agree he should fade away, if he is done.  Living in BC, pretending to be a Junior coach, with little previous experience managing the off field and on requirements????an unappreciated job. 

Clearly no traditional job prospects off the field, that I have heard.  Living the dream ?  I am sure he could be a representative for some company but is he wired that way? 

I have never met him. Just an opinion.  I respect his story and wish him the best. 

"As our new Head of Football Operations,  Head Coach Andrew Harris brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the team, and we are thrilled to have him at the helm. His passion for the sport and commitment to developing the next generation of football stars is unmatched, and we know that he will lead the VI Raiders to new heights in the years to come."

https://www.viraiders.ca/staff


dd

Quote from: Waffler on January 14, 2024, 10:27:46 PM
I am still upset he dissed us when he left but I have to defend him now. He was a first class guy here in the Peg, especially I remember him being everywhere during the CFL week we hosted. Working hard and helping where he could. He did work here in sales, vehicles. I think he is coaching junior because he wants to. Wish him well.
Divorce is ugly. I don?t hold anything he said at the time against him, he spoke his mind. He?s doing what he wants to do now and best to him

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 15, 2024, 12:27:09 AM
Comical revisionist history. The baseless assumptions are equally hilarious. Yeah, I'm sure the guy will just forget about his time with the Argos where he managed to win another championship over his former team. Jee-zus.

In 30 years when AH is sitting telling his grandchildren about his football career, TOR will be a glossed over blip.  He'll talk about BC and WPG.  He spent a zillion years in BC and WPG vs a tiny blip of 2 seasons with TOR, mostly in the tub, playing almost no games and taking even less snaps, and suffering with his team a humiliating EDF defeat in 2023.

Sure, he likes having stuck it to us in 2022.  Guaranteed.  But in the big scheme of things it's his long stints he'll remember most fondly.

Say what you want, I don't think his heart is, or every will be, in TOR.  He went there because they wanted to pay him and he didn't want to retire.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 14, 2024, 11:14:25 PM
AH33 is the biggest part of why we finally got to, and won, the cups.  Check out my avatar.  WPG owes him everything.  I love Brady, and everything these days is Brady this Brady that... but look at the 107 & 108 cups: when it mattered most in the 4th Q AH33 got those extra effort yards-after-contact.  He put us in 2nd & short, or bailed us out of 17 yard holes.  In 109 & 110, in the same situations, Brady got stuffed.  Sure, there's other things that were different, but when it came down to putting the team and game on their back, Andrew got it done.  And that's just the on-field differences he made.  He was clearly also the heart of the team in the LR and pep talks.  I don't think we ever recovered from that loss.

I have the same impression, which has little to do with their on-field performance as they are/were both great players and did everything they physically could to win football games.  The difference is in their attitude.

I get the impression Brady is well liked on the team but comes across as a Jr. partner (maybe due to his age and lack of experience), he worked well with the O-line but was not considered to be a member of their club, and probably didn't receive invites to their BBQ's.  His recent remarks contain no sense of brotherhood or loyalty to his teammates, it's pretty much all about him.

Harris had an old school iron will akin to Mike Tyson, when he ran onto the field there was no doubt he was in charge and he was leading them into war, win or lose. In taking the leadership role, he took a lot of pressure off Zach and Nichols, allowing them to focus on their difficult jobs, without having to carry the extra burden of motivating and keeping everyone in line and on target.  You could call it innate confidence to get the job done, Harris carried it in his personality and deep within his bones.


blue_gold_84

#125
Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 15, 2024, 02:52:11 AM
In 30 years when AH is sitting telling his grandchildren about his football career, TOR will be a glossed over blip.  He'll talk about BC and WPG.  He spent a zillion years in BC and WPG vs a tiny blip of 2 seasons with TOR, mostly in the tub, playing almost no games and taking even less snaps, and suffering with his team a humiliating EDF defeat in 2023.

Sure, he likes having stuck it to us in 2022.  Guaranteed.  But in the big scheme of things it's his long stints he'll remember most fondly.

Say what you want, I don't think his heart is, or every will be, in TOR.  He went there because they wanted to pay him and he didn't want to retire.

He still won a championship with the Argos and has that hardware and memories for the rest of his life. Just because he may look back more fondly on his time here or in BC doesn't mean he'll just gloss over a part of his career when he talks about it.

Nobody said anything about where is heart is, either. What abysmal reading comprehension.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 15, 2024, 03:00:50 AM
...[Harris] took a lot of pressure off Zach and Nichols, allowing them to focus on their difficult jobs, without having to carry the extra burden of motivating and keeping everyone in line and on target.  You could call it innate confidence to get the job done, Harris carried it in his personality and deep within his bones.

Oliveira's done the same thing for Collaros over the past two seasons.

To imply Oliveira hasn't acted like a leader is patently absurd. And a tweet doesn't negate his leadership qualities.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pete

in positive news it looks like Lawlers contract has been restructured giving us a saving of 25k. (285k vs 310k),which similar to others actually gives him more money due to bonus structure.
Not a lot but still helps
https://3downnation.com/2024/01/16/kenny-lawler-restructures-contract-with-winnipeg-blue-bombers/

Pigskin

#127
$250/260K would have been nice. But, thanks KL for the $25K it will help with the contracts of Woli, Hallett, and JA27.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.