Started by 55StickCar, November 20, 2023, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do or Die

Good:

Oliveria.....one guy who did his job
Holm.....becoming a fixture, back there
Nice goal line stand

Bad:

ZC.......not enough plays made in the big game.....again.
Houston.......huge cushions, missed tackles, beat too often
Probably too many receivers nicked up, going into this one.
Kick coverage.....nothing new here.
Hardrick....warrior, but just about done...
Weak pass rush
Having chance after chance of putting the game away....and failing

Ugly:

Hall.....no adjustments as game went along - continuing to blitz against max protection packages....
MOS....dumb roster decisions - no backup for the Jeffs, dressed 4-5 guys, who didn't see the field, Biggie insertion questionable
"Common sense is not so common."

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 20, 2023, 05:40:24 AM
Rose didn't play, not sure he even dressed.
Parker was subbed in for Rose.....''
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 20, 2023, 07:30:10 AM
Parker was subbed in for Rose.....''
yes this has been the case for 2 games in a row now.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Good:
- Oliveira was a monster
- Demski, Lawler, Wolitarsky, and Bailey were solid
- Holm was solid (his INT was superb)
- Grant was solid
- Green Day rocked the half-time show

Bad:
- the passing game by and large (Collaros and Pierce put together a lousy gameplan - shades of last year's GC, IMO)
- the pass rush (Fajardo looked comfortable and collected more often than not)
- the secondary (Houston, Nichols, and Parker* had rough games)
- Bighill (he struggled with that lingering injury)

Ugly:
- Collaros' INT into the endzone
- letting the Alouettes march down the field to win the game

* Parker didn't look the same after he got hurt
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 20, 2023, 01:17:03 PM
Good:
- Oliveira was a monster
- Demski, Lawler, Wolitarsky, and Bailey were solid
- Holm was solid (his INT was superb)
- Grant was solid
- Green Day rocked the half-time show

Bad:
- the passing game by and large (Collaros and Pierce put together a lousy gameplan - shades of last year's GC, IMO)
- the pass rush (Fajardo looked comfortable and collected more often than not)
- the secondary (Houston, Nichols, and Parker* had rough games)
- Bighill (he struggled with that lingering injury)

Ugly:
- Collaros' INT into the endzone
- letting the Alouettes march down the field to win the game

* Parker didn't look the same after he got hurt
I missed the play where he got hurt....
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 20, 2023, 04:14:20 PM
I missed the play where he got hurt....

It was on a kick return coverage. I mentioned before the game if Bighill was not really good to go I would have added depth ( Rose ) to the roster for exactly that reason. I think Houston had the worst game in the secondary though.  Part of that was not getting to Fajardo soon enough and having to cover too long and being in soft coverage schemes.

All that said he was in good coverage on two under thrown passes that were completed for big chunks of yardage.  Fajardo is never very accurate. A little more wind and cold or wet would have hurt him more than Collaros.

But both teams play in the same weather on the same field.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 20, 2023, 06:35:05 PM
It was on a kick return coverage. I mentioned before the game if Bighill was not really good to go I would have added depth ( Rose ) to the roster for exactly that reason. I think Houston had the worst game in the secondary though.  Part of that was not getting to Fajardo soon enough and having to cover too long and being in soft coverage schemes.

All that said he was in good coverage on two under thrown passes that were completed for big chunks of yardage.  Fajardo is never very accurate. A little more wind and cold or wet would have hurt him more than Collaros.

But both teams play in the same weather on the same field.

Yes, Houston missed a number of tackles.

Play Makers: EH31-7DTs, 1 INT. JT95-3DTs, SG44-5DTs, 1Sack.

Sad Makers: WJ5-1DT, 1Sack, JJ94-1DT, Walker-1DT, Lawson-1DT, Cole-Zip, Hansen-Zip, Bennett-Zip. Clements,Wilson, Kramdi, and Nichols, with 2DTs.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Our defense made a great goal line stand and saved a TD before the half. The Play that killed us was Collaros s interception in the end zone, we just couldn?t turn the ball over from there, kick a field goal at the very least or run the ball to Brady for a touchdown over a couple of plays. Why throw a pic?? That?s what upsets me is the play selection, fade to the corner throw it deep so either our receiver  gets it or no one gets it throw it short and it?s game over, And that?s exactly what happened

VictorRomano

Quote from: dd on November 20, 2023, 09:03:30 PM
Our defense made a great goal line stand and saved a TD before the half. The Play that killed us was Collaros s interception in the end zone, we just couldn?t turn the ball over from there, kick a field goal at the very least or run the ball to Brady for a touchdown over a couple of plays. Why throw a pic?? That?s what upsets me is the play selection, fade to the corner throw it deep so either our receiver  gets it or no one gets it throw it short and it?s game over, And that?s exactly what happened

I'll have to rewatch the highlights but I think it was Demski who had nobody within 5 yards of him on the 5 yard line on that play.  I mean, he was *wide* open, but ZC was only looking to the endzone.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on November 20, 2023, 09:03:30 PM
there were two takeaways that hurt us....the pick in the end zone was a no brainer albeit the DB made a spectacular leaping pick as Lawler was open....the ball needed to be slightly overthrown and it was slightly under thrown.    The second take away was the strip on Brady which ended a promising drive.
The pick Holm made, as spectacular as it was had us pinned deep and we went two and out followed by a crappy punt which was returned to inside our 35!   They promptly scored.
I predicted that the last team with the ball was likely going to win it and the Als had 1:57 to drive the field leaving us with 11 seconds.   Our only real hope then was for Janarian to run back the KO for a TD which wasn't really close.

Had we been left with a minute and 11 seconds I think Zach would have taken it back for 6 points.  With only 11  seconds to make up 70 yards well you need to believe in miracles'ww.
Bomber fan for life

drahgon

Quote from: VictorRomano on November 20, 2023, 09:08:16 PM
I'll have to rewatch the highlights but I think it was Demski who had nobody within 5 yards of him on the 5 yard line on that play.  I mean, he was *wide* open, but ZC was only looking to the endzone.
I saw that as well, he was tiptoeing just in front of the goal line with no coverage and would've easily been in for a TD.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: drahgon on November 20, 2023, 10:00:04 PM
I saw that as well, he was tiptoeing just in front of the goal line with no coverage and would've easily been in for a TD.
He was locked in on Kenny and on the replay you can see he was throwing to a spot and when he threw the ball Kenny was open but the DB made a perfect read and a perfect leaping spectacularly executed pick!   Zach loves those deep end zone fade routes and often makes them....just not this time!   
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

Does anyone else think that the goal line stand to end the half was a bad thing?

Yes, any points prevented is great, and it was a marvelous display of defence.

But, heading into the locker rooms, WPG is coming off a huge high and take a "We got this" attitude in, while MTL takes a "What the heck just happened?" and "We got to step this up big time if we're going to win"

I'm thinking 17-14 at the half, we make a lot more adjustments, and come out hungry to do better.  17-7 says stay the course...

We are usually dominant in the 4th quarter, and that just didn't show... and it looked like we were trying hard not to lose the lead,rather than keeping the pedal to the metal...

Zach seemed to be underthrowing the ball a lot, especially on the EndZone pick by Ento.  Was there a point where Dru comes in to make those throws, especially the hail Mary?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

Ya but why not take the sure thing and pass to demski who would have scored?? Shoulda woulda coulda, but that?s the way it goes

Hey simply put Montreal made plays where we didn?t hats off to them

It?s ironic that I didn?t think we should have won the 2019 grey cup but we did and I though we should have beat Toronto and Montreal and we lost in come from behind wins that started with us throwing a pick

I have been saying all along, it?s simple to win just don?t turn the ball over but we keep throwing passes we shouldn?t snd it?s not only in grey cups. Zack and out offensive game planning has got to improve towards protecting the hall and quit throwing the wide outs that lead to pick sixes , thank god we didn?t throw one of those in this game!!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: theaardvark on November 20, 2023, 10:11:41 PM
Does anyone else think that the goal line stand to end the half was a bad thing?

Yes, any points prevented is great, and it was a marvelous display of defence.

But, heading into the locker rooms, WPG is coming off a huge high and take a "We got this" attitude in, while MTL takes a "What the heck just happened?" and "We got to step this up big time if we're going to win"

I'm thinking 17-14 at the half, we make a lot more adjustments, and come out hungry to do better.  17-7 says stay the course...

We are usually dominant in the 4th quarter, and that just didn't show... and it looked like we were trying hard not to lose the lead,rather than keeping the pedal to the metal...

Zach seemed to be underthrowing the ball a lot, especially on the EndZone pick by Ento.  Was there a point where Dru comes in to make those throws, especially the hail Mary?
Zach was 19 for 23 with the one pick albeit a significant and costly turnover.    He did follow that up and drove us down the field recapturing the lead leaving them with 1:57 to march the field for the tie or the win....they chose the win and our D couldn't stop them on 3rd and 5.    Not sure Browns arm strength is any more than Zach's and the on side kick play called on the final play wasn't Zach's call.   I'm still thinking a hail Mary at the goal line would have been our best shot/hope for a miracle.   BC did it to us in the WF only it was the last play of the half and not the game....it worked to perfection.    The onside kick play call seemed very odd and wasn't even close....
Bomber fan for life