Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg & Montreal - 110th Grey Cup

Started by ModAdmin, November 18, 2023, 03:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

The Good news this morning is that Dalton Schoen and Adam Bighill, while Game Day decisions, are in the lineup for the big game.

All of our other starting lineup appears to be ready to play tomorrow.

Get warmed up with Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer on "fiery Zach" here,  https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/17/48-hour-primer-grey-cup/

Depth Chart...  https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1725891711241433100/photo/1

In for the Bombers #83 Schoen

Out for the Bombers #29 McCrae

Game Day discussion begins now!  Go Bombers!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Mick

With Wilson in at WLB, and Mccrae to 1game IR. Good chance we see Bighill and Schoen tomorrow!

GOLDMEMBER

WHOOOP WHOOOOP thanks Modadmin

History repeats itself. Bud Grant always said his best Blue Bomber squad was the team that lost on the GC game after winning two GCs in a row. However they came back and won 3 in 4 years afterwards prior to his departure to the Vikings.

This means we should win this year just as it went in the late 60s.

Minus Schoen and Bighill the troops are ornery and focused.

Just about Every way you look at it Winnipeg has the edge over the Als.

It is sitting waiting for them GO GRAB IT TROOPS! :)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

It has been 6 weeks since Schoen got hurt presumably with a high ankle sprain.  That amount of rest and the use of some medication it is very possible we see him tomorrow and he can be very effective. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on November 18, 2023, 05:59:44 PM
It has been 6 weeks since Schoen got hurt presumably with a high ankle sprain.  That amount of rest and the use of some medication it is very possible we see him tomorrow and he can be very effective. 

Very interesting. Biggie was seen today running up and down the field.

55StickCar

That is great news if it indeed happens. If they are unable to play at some point, we have worthy replacements to take their place.

TecnoGenius

Bighill & Schoen: good news!  However, no one can be selfish here, and MOS needs to make sure of that.  If either thinks they are likely not to be able to play 3+ quarters then they need to sit out.  It'll suck rocks if one starts and then lasts a quarter and then can't play due to minor contact.  I'm pretty sure both the players and the staff will make the right decision.
Never go full Rider!

buckzumhoff

I wouldn't mind seeing Cole play if Bighill is still hurting. Come is fast and a good tackler.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 18, 2023, 11:13:16 PM
Bighill & Schoen: good news!  However, no one can be selfish here, and MOS needs to make sure of that.  If either thinks they are likely not to be able to play 3+ quarters then they need to sit out.  It'll suck rocks if one starts and then lasts a quarter and then can't play due to minor contact.  I'm pretty sure both the players and the staff will make the right decision.
my fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes are crossed!   I don't think either of them would play if they didn't think they could help the team win.....it's the kind of selfless and unselfish fabric they are made from.    This is the best news all week!
Bomber fan for life

dd

Quote from: buckzumhoff on November 19, 2023, 02:46:29 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Cole play if Bighill is still hurting. Come is fast and a good tackler.
Cole is a killer out there!!

J5V

I swear Barker is a complete loon. Every conversation with him is about him and the Argos. After taking credit for bringing O'Shea into the coaching fraternity I just heard him say that adding Adriano Belli to the 100th Grey Cup Argo team is what put them over the top. Really? Nothing to do with Ricky Ray? You sure? The guy is certifiable. Thank god Lapo is there to talk about the Bombers while the Toronto Sports Network shows highlights of the Als.
Go Bombers!

Tiger

Don?t get too excited about Schoen and Bighill.  Derek Taylor said you only get name on cup if you are dressed.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

GOLDMEMBER

Had a great sleep last night. I ready for a tremendous Blue Bombers Championship Game Day! Gotta a bunch of friends heading over today.

How can the troops not be more prepared other than a couple injuries. We like and play well in that building, see 2021 GC. They know the process having been to the previous 3, we are playing a slightly inferior opponent in the Als as Argos would have been a tougher out for sure, and Brady losing MOP will jump start the boys even more.

I cannot wait!

GO BOMBERS GO

Blue In BC

Quote from: Tiger on November 19, 2023, 05:30:15 AM
Don?t get too excited about Schoen and Bighill.  Derek Taylor said you only get name on cup if you are dressed.

The team would be foolish to dress 2 players that can't play in order to get their names on the Grey Cup. While I appreciate the sentiment, rosters are too small to do that.
2019 Grey Cup Champions