How many times will the Bombers sack Fajardo?

Started by Tiger, November 18, 2023, 02:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Blue In BC

The bigger any lead the Bombers get will force him to hold on the ball longer and that will raise the number. IMO the Als can't beat us with short dump passes all day. They need chunk plays and that's not in their favour with their OL and our secondary.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 18, 2023, 03:12:58 PM
The bigger any lead the Bombers get will force him to hold on the ball longer and that will raise the number. IMO the Als can't beat us with short dump passes all day. They need chunk plays and that's not in their favour with their OL and our secondary.
Against BC, our D had pressure on VAJ from the start.    WJ had two pass deflections on their first two offensive series.   They kept him well contained and hammered him early setting the tone for the entire game and they didn't let up, even without Biggie i. the second half.   We'll know early on if they continue this trend.
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

In 2 games against the Bombers in 2023, Fajardo threw for about 400 yards in total. No TD's but 2 pics. Over 2 games we sacked him 6 times and the Als scored 20 points total in 2 games.  He's never beaten the Bombers.

I like our odds.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

55StickCar

We will get to him at least four times. And lots more close ones. Just have to be careful of the RTP as they call them every time on close ones. Nice thing is our boys are so disciplined that way.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 18, 2023, 03:30:16 PM
Against BC, our D had pressure on VAJ from the start.    WJ had two pass deflections on their first two offensive series.   They kept him well contained and hammered him early setting the tone for the entire game and they didn't let up, even without Biggie i. the second half.   We'll know early on if they continue this trend.
Great points. Willie tends to show up for the big games and I don't expect anything different tomorrow. I expect Cody to have a very uncomfortable GC.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Cody will take hits and tackles, but he's good at running so some will be across the LoS.  I'll say 5 sacks.  If we (legally) light him up, it'll have to be across the LoS.  I'm not sure he'll be hook sliding at all.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 18, 2023, 11:26:26 PM
Cody will take hits and tackles, but he's good at running so some will be across the LoS.  I'll say 5 sacks.  If we (legally) light him up, it'll have to be across the LoS.  I'm not sure he'll be hook sliding at all.
I saw him hook-slide once and when he came to the end of his slide he just sat there with his arms raised as if to exclaim "someone should have hit me cuz now I have nothing to complain about". He's quite a drama queen and is always looking to draw some contact to embellish.
Go Bombers!

J5V

Good grief Barker is annoying. I just heard him on TSN talking about Fajardo going head-to-head with Collaros and Zach is 9-0 then he goes on this rant about Cody being a winner. He then goes on to talk about how he asked O'Shea to be a coach (eye roll) and then he rambles on about asking O'Shea for his playbook and all that was in it was one word in tiny print that said "Focus" because that's all you need to be a great special teams player. Now that he's on the verge of being a 3-time Grey Cup champion Head Coach Barker is "so proud" of "OSh". Yeah right, Barker, you're responsible for all the success O'Shea has had as a head coach because you brought him into the coaching fraternity. Whatever.
Go Bombers!

buckzumhoff

Just contain Fajardo get good pressure.  Dont let him run. Knock down the short passes he will try . Usually tries throwing short passes 5 yards or will try the sidelines once in awhile. He will throw long once in awhile but just sack him then .

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on November 19, 2023, 02:16:01 AM
Good grief Barker is annoying. I just heard him on TSN talking about Fajardo going head-to-head with Collaros and Zach is 9-0 then he goes on this rant about Cody being a winner. He then goes on to talk about how he asked O'Shea to be a coach (eye roll) and then he rambles on about asking O'Shea for his playbook and all that was in it was one word in tiny print that said "Focus" because that's all you need to be a great special teams player. Now that he's on the verge of being a 3-time Grey Cup champion Head Coach Barker is "so proud" of "OSh". Yeah right, Barker, you're responsible for all the success O'Shea has had as a head coach because you brought him into the coaching fraternity. Whatever.
He is a Blathering old man. He is weird as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Sometimes you need a fresh start

Sec223

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 19, 2023, 02:41:34 AM
He is a Blathering old man. He is weird as well.

Says the guy that paints himself gold LOL where ya watching today ? :)