Chad Kelly Reveals he had a Concussion in the East Final

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, November 16, 2023, 07:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 16, 2023, 06:16:19 PM
Yah, that pass shocked me, Dequoy was standing right beside the receiver when he released the ball, it made absolutely no sense to attempt that pass.

It was a lousy pass but give Dequoy full marks for spying that very well. Kelly never even noticed him: https://youtu.be/wreEAXnnTSM?si=oCBWS8wHCXYkwjBR&t=40
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 16, 2023, 06:33:54 PM
It was a lousy pass but give Dequoy full marks for spying that very well. Kelly never even noticed him: https://youtu.be/wreEAXnnTSM?si=oCBWS8wHCXYkwjBR&t=40

He took one back against our guy too...He is very good at football.

Tiger

So Kelly acted like a jackass and performed poorly because he was concussed?

Hmm. Like others said - awfully convenient, factually questionable and no confirmation.

How about the part where he would return to the Argos if he was not in the NFL.  I don?t see his recent history helping him given his track record, but we will see. Lots of NFL QBs are going down.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

dd

This is total BS. Chadwick, be a man and just suck it up after stinking the joint out...you were embarrassed and didn't want to talk to anyone after the game so you scooted to the dressing room to hide like a coward. Then to top it off, you throw your team under the bus claiming you were concussed. Brutal. And if you were concussed, and this was legit, why not pull yourself from the game if you knew your head wasn't right?? Because it didn't happen. This is total fabricated BS.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on November 16, 2023, 10:43:54 PM
This is total BS. Chadwick, be a man and just suck it up after stinking the joint out...you were embarrassed and didn't want to talk to anyone after the game so you scooted to the dressing room to hide like a coward. Then to top it off, you throw your team under the bus claiming you were concussed. Brutal. And if you were concussed, and this was legit, why not pull yourself from the game if you knew your head wasn't right?? Because it didn't happen. This is total fabricated BS.
Hard not to agree.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 16, 2023, 11:24:13 PM
Hard not to agree.
I had the same thoughts that IF he was indeed concussed to the extent he claims.....then you owe it to your teammates to pull yourself out of the game.    I mean, he threw 4 picks and two went back for sixes.    It really casts a dark shadow over his team for coming out with this after the fact.....hmmmm?   
Bomber fan for life

Sec223

Stretch

Exactly.

"Excuses are like ***holes: Everybody's got one and they all stink".  :)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

wpg#1

The medical staff of the Argo's are probably a little upset at his excuse. It sort of implies that they weren't doing their job.
Ultimately though, I think it's BS .. he's just making excuses because he played SO BAD !!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

J5V

Thank you. Extremely well said.
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: wpg#1 on November 17, 2023, 03:24:11 PM
The medical staff of the Argo's are probably a little upset at his excuse. It sort of implies that they weren't doing their job.
Ultimately though, I think it's BS .. he's just making excuses because he played SO BAD !!
Oh, absolutely. Medical and training staff as well as Dinwiddie and the team as a whole will be criticized for leaving poor Chadwick in the game.

The fact is, this didn't happen as there are so many protocols and eyes watching for concussions, players get yanked routinely for a suspected concussion. Remember Zack got yanked in a late drive to win the game....where were these guys for poor Chad??? They were right there, but he didn't sustain a concussion, rather he sucked the big one in the big game and rather than own what he did, he fabricated a massive excuse. Brutal. Wonder what the team and locker room think of their MOP!!!

And even if you did sustain a concussion and the yarn is true, real men don't make excuses and cry in their beer after the fact, they just move on.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Tiger on November 16, 2023, 10:20:53 PM
So Kelly acted like a jackass and performed poorly because he was concussed?

Hmm. Like others said - awfully convenient, factually questionable and no confirmation.

How about the part where he would return to the Argos if he was not in the NFL.  I don?t see his recent history helping him given his track record, but we will see. Lots of NFL QBs are going down.

Like!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

In my 60 years I've never ever heard a QB come out after a game and make this claim after a very poor showing.    His comments about the NFL and possibly returning to Toronto if he doesn't make it down there were also ill-timed.    This is why I just don't like the guy despite his obvious talents as a QB.   For that matter I never much liked BLM either as he dissed our Bombers on more than one occasion, however I dreaded when we played him....well up to around the end of the 2019 season, after signing Zach who has lead us to the Big Dance 4 consecutive times since his signing.
Bomber fan for life

Big Daddy

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 18, 2023, 03:40:22 PM
In my 60 years I've never ever heard a QB come out after a game and make this claim after a very poor showing.    His comments about the NFL and possibly returning to Toronto if he doesn't make it down there were also ill-timed.    This is why I just don't like the guy despite his obvious talents as a QB.   For that matter I never much liked BLM either as he dissed our Bombers on more than one occasion, however I dreaded when we played him....well up to around the end of the 2019 season, after signing Zach who has lead us to the Big Dance 4 consecutive times since his signing.

Exactly.  Reminds me a lot of BLM (I've held a grudge against him ever since his comments about the Bombers "we're showing them who they really are!" at half time was one of them), both are (to quote the Fat Albert show) - like school in summer: no class.

Didn't see or hear his comments after losing, judging by what I'm reading here it was pretty pathetic.

theaardvark

So, are the Argos stuck with Chad, or with MBT returning to the CFL, would they consider cutting Chad?

Chad just doesn't seem to be "the guy". 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.