Chad Kelly Reveals he had a Concussion in the East Final

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, November 16, 2023, 07:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Daddy

Quote from: theaardvark on November 19, 2023, 04:08:26 AM
So, are the Argos stuck with Chad, or with MBT returning to the CFL, would they consider cutting Chad?

Chad just doesn't seem to be "the guy". 

Sounds like Chad plans to try out the nfl, based on what I'm reading here.

But - he did win a whole lot this year.  As much as I don't like his attitude (again from what I'm reading here), it's not like he is terrible (other than the eastern final)

Jesse

So, are the Argos stuck with Chad, or with MBT returning to the CFL, would they consider cutting Chad?

They just signed him to a 3-year deal.

Pretty sure he?s their guy.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Hyperbole, he lost one game he should have won, I think that indicates nothing.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on November 19, 2023, 04:42:50 AM
They just signed him to a 3-year deal.

Pretty sure he?s their guy.
This ^ Argos signed an expensive contract with him.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 19, 2023, 01:43:48 PM
This ^ Argos signed an expensive contract with him.

He still has an NFL option which sounds as though he intends to investigate. Not sure how this will work out.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 19, 2023, 02:29:31 PM
He still has an NFL option which sounds as though he intends to investigate. Not sure how this will work out.
lol in his dreams. Rourke would get in better than ol Chad. Just tell the NFL the CFL does not play any playoffs.

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 19, 2023, 02:32:52 PM
lol in his dreams. Rourke would get in better than ol Chad. Just tell the NFL the CFL does not play any playoffs.
LMAO! Playoff Choker Chad! Bwahahaha!
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on November 19, 2023, 03:48:17 PM
LMAO! Playoff Choker Chad! Bwahahaha!
:D

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 19, 2023, 02:29:31 PM

He does at every opportunity. Yet, here he is.
My wife is amazing!

Lincoln Locomotive

Rourke who I believe has unlimited potential, is a lot younger than Kelly....and the NFL in general is a hard nut to crack for QBs leaving the CFL to play there.   Even Doug Flutie who is considered the best player EVER to play in the CFL didn't have an easy time convincing the NFL that he could play there and be successful.   Chad has one season as a starter and yes he won the MOP award and then had a nightmare of a final game which he now claims was caused by a concussion?    I'm guessing at his age he figures he needs to pursue his ambitions now and if he fails...well then the Argos would be his safety net.    It's having your cake and eating it however it puts the Argos in a bind either way.....because they signed him for 3 seasons as. the highest paid player in the CFL to be "their guy".    Disappointing
Bomber fan for life

Tiger

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 19, 2023, 04:48:35 PM
Rourke who I believe has unlimited potential, is a lot younger than Kelly....and the NFL in general is a hard nut to crack for QBs leaving the CFL to play there.   Even Doug Flutie who is considered the best player EVER to play in the CFL didn't have an easy time convincing the NFL that he could play there and be successful.   Chad has one season as a starter and yes he won the MOP award and then had a nightmare of a final game which he now claims was caused by a concussion?    I'm guessing at his age he figures he needs to pursue his ambitions now and if he fails...well then the Argos would be his safety net.    It's having your cake and eating it however it puts the Argos in a bind either way.....because they signed him for 3 seasons as. the highest paid player in the CFL to be "their guy".    Disappointing
Yup.  How will this ?concussion? play in his NFL pursuits?  History of recent concussion or dumb move to excuse total collapse and poor behaviour?
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

theaardvark

Unless MBT signs elsewhere before the NFL window, I bet he is still on Pinballs radar, whether or not Kelly leaves.  He might actually be rooting for Kelly to get an NFL offer...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on November 19, 2023, 09:26:05 PM
Unless MBT signs elsewhere before the NFL window, I bet he is still on Pinballs radar, whether or not Kelly leaves.  He might actually be rooting for Kelly to get an NFL offer...

Can Kelly on NFL PR earn more than the top paid CFL QB he'll be next year??  Bird in the hand, and all that... do we really believe Kelly is starting NFL caliber?  Methinks not.
Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 21, 2023, 01:46:29 AM
Can Kelly on NFL PR earn more than the top paid CFL QB he'll be next year??  Bird in the hand, and all that... do we really believe Kelly is starting NFL caliber?  Methinks not.

Not even close.  Kelly is NOT a starter in the nfl.  Not now, anyway.  Could he be?  Well, Sean Salisbury was after leaving the cfl, so anything is possible.  But to just step away from a season as the MOP in the cfl and after crapping the bed in the eastern final - no one is signing him as their starter for 2024.

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 21, 2023, 01:46:29 AM

No, but like we've seen with Rourke, you hope to get on an active roster. I don't know if Kelly leaves unless he has an inkling there's a real opportunity for more than a PR spot, but you see all the injuries in the NFL this year and see all the really crappy back-ups play, and you think, "I'm better than that". I see CFL players talk about this all the time.
My wife is amazing!