Chad Kelly Reveals he had a Concussion in the East Final

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, November 16, 2023, 07:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

If this is true, I take back what I said about poor sportsmanship.....I'm still not a fan of his though I do respect his abilities as a QB
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

He didn't say he'd been medically diagnosed with a concussion.  He's saying he thinks it's one.  He also is describing shellshock, or getting beaten up in the biggest game of your life so far (GC 109 doesn't count because he didn't start and had no pressure except for a few plays, and he succeeded which is easier on your person than failing).

I think TOR may owe it to the league to confirm an actual medical diagnosis because if we believe Kelly then it makes the CFL (and the Argos) look really bad that they let a concussed player continue.  And then point out which play it happened on, as there weren't many whacks to his head.

I guess he could have had a minor one that doesn't manifest very clearly or quickly.  But he makes it sound like a full on KO'd wonky wobbly Jon-Cornish-final-season concussion.  It certainly wasn't that.

Maybe he's not lying, but we're going to need more of the story.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Kind of surprising considering he wasn't looked at by staff during the game.

This development needs more information but this incident reflects poorly on the Argonauts and the league.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Reminds me of when Kevin Glenn's Twitter account was "hacked" after his "account" said all that bad stuff about Ottawa after the expansion draft 9 years ago
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

drahgon

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 16, 2023, 01:11:56 PM
Kind of surprising considering he wasn't looked at by staff during the game.

This development needs more information but this incident reflects poorly on the Argonauts and the league.

This feels like damage control by the Argos for a poor performance in the east final. IF (big if) they knew he was concussed and still continued to trot him out for the rest of the game it is a very bad look for the Argos organization. Its not like they didn't win games with Dukes at the helm.

Blue In BC

Quote from: drahgon on November 16, 2023, 03:19:53 PM
This feels like damage control by the Argos for a poor performance in the east final. IF (big if) they knew he was concussed and still continued to trot him out for the rest of the game it is a very bad look for the Argos organization. Its not like they didn't win games with Dukes at the helm.

I don't buy it either. Irresponsible to continue playing if that was believed.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

the only time i saw a possible blow to the head was on the second short yardage stop, when he was tossed to the crowd his head does seem to hit the turf, but he showed no effects then or right after.
the only other indicator would have been on the sidelines with coaches or anyone interacting with him, that he didn't seem right, and further examination might be warranted.
You cant blame the spotters, numerous times throughout a game players get contact with the head on the turf or on blocks etc. The player has to take some responsibility to say something. You know that every player is gonna want to stay in but they need to be educated on this.

Jesse

I feel bad slandering a guy who is claiming he was concussed, but man does this seem like a convenient excuse.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

theaardvark

If he was concussed, did it affect his play?  Unless it was on the first drive, his play was consistent throughout the game... from the pass directly to Daquoy in the red zone, through the rest of the game, he was m'eh at best...

So, unless he was concussed early, and that's why he threw to Daquoy, I don't see it as much of an excuse... and as others have said, if he thought he was concussed and didn't say anything, that's both selfish and self destructive, and in no way something a $600k /year leader is supposed to do.  There is hard money being thrown at him...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on November 16, 2023, 05:29:06 PM
I feel bad slandering a guy who is claiming he was concussed, but man does this seem like a convenient excuse.

Agreed. A pretty bad look.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on November 16, 2023, 05:36:06 PM
He probably got concussion looking at the film.

LOL :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on November 16, 2023, 05:59:37 PM
If he was concussed, did it affect his play?  Unless it was on the first drive, his play was consistent throughout the game... from the pass directly to Daquoy in the red zone, through the rest of the game, he was m'eh at best...

So, unless he was concussed early, and that's why he threw to Daquoy, I don't see it as much of an excuse... and as others have said, if he thought he was concussed and didn't say anything, that's both selfish and self destructive, and in no way something a $600k /year leader is supposed to do.  There is hard money being thrown at him...

Yah, that pass shocked me, Dequoy was standing right beside the receiver when he released the ball, it made absolutely no sense to attempt that pass.