Biggie's GC Role

Started by TecnoGenius, November 14, 2023, 04:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwiser

Bighill and Schoen are listed as game time decisions. I don't know if this is just gamesmanship or do they really have a chance to play on Sunday. I have a feeling we may see one or possibly both in the lineup. We shall see tomorrow.

J5V

Quote from: bwiser on November 18, 2023, 02:49:37 PM
Bighill and Schoen are listed as game time decisions. I don't know if this is just gamesmanship or do they really have a chance to play on Sunday. I have a feeling we may see one or possibly both in the lineup. We shall see tomorrow.
The emotional boost that would give our team would be phenominal!
Go Bombers!

Blue In BC

I don't see any point in gamesmanship a day before the game. Each team prepares to play their opponent regardless of who is on the active or not.

I could see both being active tomorrow but possibly with reduced roles or effectiveness? If Schoen is active that would take McCrae off the game roster. That's also unfortunate but roster size and ratio come into play.

Schoen is a key ingredient to our offence and responsible for about 25% of our receiving TD's and 2nd down conversions.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: J5V on November 18, 2023, 02:54:21 PM
The emotional boost that would give our team would be phenominal!
you know they want to play and that goes without saying....and it would definitely give the team a huge lift.   Fingers crossed as we have more or less been resigned to them not playing in this game.    Had they practiced today I would feel more confident that they would suit up for the big dance!    OTOH, Nic Demski didn't practice at all before the WF and he looked pretty good in that game.....made some nice plays for first downs.
The suspense though is killing me!
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

I think it's just MOS giving them every opportunity to prove they can do it.

Still more likely than not they gotta sit tomorrow, probably.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 18, 2023, 03:11:16 PM
I don't see any point in gamesmanship a day before the game. Each team prepares to play their opponent regardless of who is on the active or not.

I could see both being active tomorrow but possibly with reduced roles or effectiveness? If Schoen is active that would take McCrae off the game roster. That's also unfortunate but roster size and ratio come into play.

Schoen is a key ingredient to our offence and responsible for about 25% of our receiving TD's and 2nd down conversions.

Schoen hasn't even dressed for practice in a couple of weeks, no way can I see him going.  Maybe Bighill's injury isn't as bad as it looked, but if he's diminished in his play I would rather they take advantage of the roster flexibility available from their absence.  If Bailey and Demski are well under 100% they need to make use of McCrae's running ability to diversify the run game.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on November 18, 2023, 05:52:17 AM
Can't risk your career on one game.  Our boys will heal up right and the supporting cast is good enough to win.

You can't?  Biggie is, what, 36?  It might be his last season anyhow.  I don't think it is, but it could be.  Going out in a blaze of GC victory glory doesn't sound too bad.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 18, 2023, 11:30:18 PM
You can't?  Biggie is, what, 36?  It might be his last season anyhow.  I don't think it is, but it could be.  Going out in a blaze of GC victory glory doesn't sound too bad.
I agree. If he can play, he will. At least he'll give it a go to see if the injury has healed enough to be structurally sound. There are ways of dealing with the pain, Questionable whether he'll last 60 minutes. As long as he isn't hurting the team I expect him to be out there if at all possible. As you say, it may be his last hurrah.
Go Bombers!

Doublezero

Schoen has been out for 6 weeks, prob enough time to heal a high ankle sprain if that's what it was. Biggie looked in a great deal of discomfort coming off the field last week. They both may want to play but if they are anything less than 100% that's not doing their team-mates any favours. Demski for example was not 100% last week and you could tell. Same with Rasheed.
Just gimme the rock.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Doublezero on November 19, 2023, 01:55:19 AM
Schoen has been out for 6 weeks, prob enough time to heal a high ankle sprain if that's what it was. Biggie looked in a great deal of discomfort coming off the field last week. They both may want to play but if they are anything less than 100% that's not doing their team-mates any favours. Demski for example was not 100% last week and you could tell. Same with Rasheed.

I don't know.  The question really is: is a 60% Schoen better than a 100% McCrae... that's a tough question.  The key for me is can they play 3.5+ Qs.  If they are our at the half it adds too much risk to the roster running out of guys.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 19, 2023, 02:37:15 PM
I don't know.  The question really is: is a 60% Schoen better than a 100% McCrae... that's a tough question.  The key for me is can they play 3.5+ Qs.  If they are our at the half it adds too much risk to the roster running out of guys.

Yes he is cause he does things in the offense that mccrae can't do.  The routes over the middle and deep balls - 2nd down conversions are key.  Unless he had a broken ankle I think he should be able to play with perhaps some medical assistance. 

bwiser

It will likely come down to how much pain the players can handle. The adrenaline will be flowing so that could help them tolerate the discomfort.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on November 19, 2023, 03:31:40 PM
Yes he is cause he does things in the offense that mccrae can't do.  The routes over the middle and deep balls - 2nd down conversions are key.  Unless he had a broken ankle I think he should be able to play with perhaps some medical assistance

Haha, ya.  I love how the pundits and even us fans dance around that issue.  Especially Dunnigan, he's the funniest coming up with euphimisms.  Just jack Schoen/Biggie up with massive direct injections and pain killers LOL!  But then they need to Strevie out the whole game: no quit unless a bone is showing!  (Easy for me to say.)
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 19, 2023, 06:08:17 PM
Haha, ya.  I love how the pundits and even us fans dance around that issue.  Especially Dunnigan, he's the funniest coming up with euphimisms.  Just jack Schoen/Biggie up with massive direct injections and pain killers LOL!  But then they need to Strevie out the whole game: no quit unless a bone is showing!  (Easy for me to say.)

Yah.  Dunigan knows - he played the grey cup in Winnipeg with I think a broken collarbone....

Ducky

Bighill hurt the team today.

Schoen did not help the team.

Neither should have played.