Biggie's GC Role

Started by TecnoGenius, November 14, 2023, 04:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Assuming Biggie is out for the GC (not assured, but possible/likely), what role will/can Biggie have in the GC?  Most often you see (non-QB) injured guys in civvies just milling around trying to stay out of the way.  At most they act like cheerleaders on the lines away from the bench.

But Biggie is such an important piece that I'm hoping we see him on the bench on the tablet helping to work the D like he always does.  Every time a front-7 guy comes off the field he should be checking in with them.  Whoever will take his "QB of the D" role on the actual field between the whistles will of course have to be given control, but I don't see how you can't benefit from Biggie's experience.

Secondary question: who will be the "QB of the D" for the GC (regardless of who lines up at MIKE)?  Gauthier?  Clements?  Surely it can't be Cole (too green).  Possibly Maruo?  That would be a first for a GLOB.  MOS is always touting his high IQ, so how about Kramdi?
Never go full Rider!

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Tiger on November 14, 2023, 04:23:03 AM
Kyries

I thought about that... but I've never seen any indication Wilson is known for his leadership and football IQ?  But I'm very open to being wrong if anyone has any statements from our guys to the contrary.

The only ones (LBers) I've ever heard MOS single out for "football IQ" praise are: Gauthier, Briggs, Kramdi.  Doesn't mean the other guys don't qualify: it could be he just wasn't asked about them.  But those are the ones I've heard named.

Hmm, maybe one can glean the answer by studying the coverage of the 2nd H of the WDF... it's usually easy to spot who's directing things.
Never go full Rider!

BLUEBOMBER

Biggie can stand on the sidelines and yell out what he sees.. :_)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on November 16, 2023, 07:27:18 PM
Biggie can stand on the sidelines and yell out what he sees.. :_)

He should grab onto the spidercam and hang on for the ride and yell plays from above!

I suspect MTL will try to take advantage of no-Biggie by throwing to the middle flat a lot and using Standback up the gut more than their normal plan would have called for.  If I'm MTL I'm attacking the MIKE+SAM area and leaving the WILL alone.

If MTL is passing short/mid-range a lot I may do more sets with smaller/faster LBers like Cole instead of Clements, and giving MTL wacky zone looks with lots of drop-backers.  Knockdowns might be the order of the day.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 16, 2023, 08:37:29 PM
I suspect MTL will try to take advantage of no-Biggie by throwing to the middle flat a lot and using Standback up the gut more than their normal plan would have called for.  If I'm MTL I'm attacking the MIKE+SAM area and leaving the WILL alone.

In Richie we trust. Biggie would be the first one to tell you that one man does not make the team. The Bomber D will be the Bomber D with or without Biggie. I'm not the least bit concerned.
Go Bombers!

Blueforlife

Quote from: J5V on November 16, 2023, 09:48:04 PM
In Richie we trust. Biggie would be the first one to tell you that one man does not make the team. The Bomber D will be the Bomber D with or without Biggie. I'm not the least bit concerned.
Love the Hall props.

He is a legend and to those that supported him, management and our defense pre-dynasty my hat goes off to you.  Will go down as a all time great DC.  We will feel Biggie's loss but less so because of three things:
1.  Hall is boss
2.  We rotate well
3.  We have considerable LB depth

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on November 17, 2023, 04:48:01 AM
Love the Hall props.

He is a legend and to those that supported him, management and our defense pre-dynasty my hat goes off to you.  Will go down as a all time great DC.  We will feel Biggie's loss but less so because of three things:
1.  Hall is boss
2.  We rotate well
3.  We have considerable LB depth
I tend to agree but I think we avoid Gauthier out there as much as possible. He just does not have the talent to be a consistent MLB.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sec223

The bigger question is. Does he come back next year ?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sec223 on November 17, 2023, 11:24:27 AM
The bigger question is. Does he come back next year ?
I would think not. We will need the cap space to resign Schoen.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

northof30

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 17, 2023, 12:45:01 PM
I would think not. We will need the cap space to resign Schoen.
Is Schoen a definite out for Sunday?

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 17, 2023, 04:43:59 PM
Unconfirmed as of today.

Apparently both did not practice or workout again today. Not looking good.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Horseman

It's the GC, tape up the ankle, get a shot and get out there and play, you have all off season to heal.

Blueforlife

Can't risk your career on one game.  Our boys will heal up right and the supporting cast is good enough to win.

Gauthier will be fine on rotation like he always his.  Hall and his merry men will do their best to get us another cup.  #1d+ all day baby!

I expect a good battle but we will come out on top.  We are firing on all cylinders.