2023 Player/Coach Awards

Started by Tiger, November 14, 2023, 04:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on November 17, 2023, 12:13:09 AM
39 media members forget definition of the word "outstanding".

Quite embarrassing when writing is their job.
please explain?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

|Im not sure Kelly was even the best quarterback this year let alone outstanding

ModAdmin

Coach of the Year - Ryan Dinwiddie

Most Outstanding Player - Chad Kelly

Most Outstanding Canadian - Brady Oliveira

Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman - Dejon Allen

Most Outstanding Special Teams Player - Javon Leake

Most Outstanding Defensive Player - Matthieu Betts

Rookie of the Year - Qwan'tez Stiggers

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 17, 2023, 01:44:35 AM

Meh, Blue Bombers got jobbed on the useless awards this year.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 17, 2023, 01:44:35 AM

Argos win 5 of 7 awards but failed to make it to the dance.....I was pretty sure Kelly would be picked over Brady but if the fans were to vote it would be Brady all the way.    Also he claims to have suffered a concussion in the East Final....along with the 22 out of 39 who voted for him over Brady.   
Bomber fan for life

Tiger

Quote from: Pete on November 17, 2023, 01:33:36 AM
|Im not sure Kelly was even the best quarterback this year let alone outstanding

I am not sure how you reconcile that.  Zach had better numbers but two less W?s.

Exactly.  Did not play the Bombers in ONLY game the league scheduled.

Kelly  Collapsed in the playoffs which was the only game To was behind showing lack of resilience.  Then gets pouty, glaring and classless during and after the game.  Given his history this is a back look so he blames a non noticed or diagnosed concussion.  As usual making matters worse when one tries to cover up for one?s mistake or bad actions.

MOP indeed they goofed trying to acknowledgeToronto and sick of Winnipeg. 

Trust me - we are going to make you more sick.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Pete

A bit ironic that Dinwiddie wins coach of the year in that he misplayed the last quarter of the season. He tried to overprotect his key players, and the team ended up looking rusty in the game that counted

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on November 16, 2023, 06:22:08 PM
With the drone use in the USFL/XFL, would you like to see more of that here?  They were cool sometimes, but an annoying buzz most of the time...

Hated the drones.  Irritating as all heck.  Must have been awful for the actual players with those things buzzing around their heads.  I remember the XFL thread on off-side forum here when they first started the drones and I don't recall anyone thinking they were worth the noise.  Even the XFL drastically scaled back their use after they realized the noise stunk.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on November 16, 2023, 11:55:16 PM
Another @TorontoArgos takes top honours as Dejon Allen is your 2023 Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman!

Brady O Canadian of the year

Argos QB Chad Kelly wins the CFL?s Most Outstanding Player award (newly named for Riders legend George Reed).

Allen did bupkis in the EDF.  I watched him closely.  Never run blocked for AJ once.

Coach: I can accept that, he did get more wins, and brought his bad team 2-3 years ago to where it is now.

What happened with Brady/Kelly is all the media people saw an out where they could have their cake (Brady gets MOC) and eat it too (Kelly gets MOP).  If there wasn't this artificial split Brady might have had a better chance.  I still like the idea of having a MOC and MOA and then a MOP picked from the MOC/MOA.  That way they don't shaft the Canadian thinking "oh he'll be fine with just the MOC", "surely we can't give him both".

I think Hardrick should have won OL over Allen because Allen does no run block.  AJ almost always goes up the gut or to the left edge around.  Rarely does he go to the right where Allen is.  Whereas Yoshi is all over the place cutting across and running down field to get onto defenders when Brady runs A/B/C gap.

But as we saw last year when WE got most of the awards, it fuels the other team (now us) when they get a bit of the shaft on awards.  Hopefully this fuels our guys even more to prove they got it wrong in a couple of days.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Tried to watch Kelly's acceptance speech for his MOP award....couldn't get but half way through....there's just something about him I don't like, other than he plays for Toronto
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 17, 2023, 04:43:05 AM
Tried to watch Kelly's acceptance speech for his MOP award....couldn't get but half way through....there's just something about him I don't like, other than he plays for Toronto

I think Dinwiddie had been partaking in a little liquid courage before his speech!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 17, 2023, 04:43:05 AM
I think he means well enough but can across as fake. I think he has trouble speaking from the heart. This is likely not entirely his fault. Guy still had a great first year as starting QB in the CFL. Difficult to truly judge his character from that speech.

Waffler

The whole Argo organization reeks of arrogance. I think they are lucky to have Murphy finding players, leave it at that.

Sequence of events I noticed:

1. Offensive Lineman - Dejon Allen over Hardrick
2. Brady says he has the BEST offensive line
3. Chad says HIS offensive line is the best.

Much chest thumping.

OMG! and we are not meeting in the final? This is like a wrestling setup for the big match. Too bad Argos couldn't keep up their end of it.

Basically we won the bare minimum you would expect. Congrats to Brady, btw. Hopefully Bombers use this as fuel and prove we are the best on Sunday.

Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

wpg#1

Quote from: Waffler on November 17, 2023, 01:55:06 PM
The whole Argo organization reeks of arrogance. I think they are lucky to have Murphy finding players, leave it at that.

Sequence of events I noticed:

1. Offensive Lineman - Dejon Allen over Hardrick
2. Brady says he has the BEST offensive line
3. Chad says HIS offensive line is the best.

Much chest thumping.

OMG! and we are not meeting in the final? This is like a wrestling setup for the big match. Too bad Argos couldn't keep up their end of it.

Basically we won the bare minimum you would expect. Congrats to Brady, btw. Hopefully Bombers use this as fuel and prove we are the best on Sunday.

I believe they will !!!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

drahgon

^ Same

Outwardly I'm sure they will all use the cliche of "individual awards don't matter" but internally this will definitely provide some motivation. However, Montreal could be equally motivated since they were completely shutout.