2023 Player/Coach Awards

Started by Tiger, November 14, 2023, 04:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

So we get to have a NHL or NFL game on 2-3 channels again? Then sports centre on another channel. 

TSN is the leading sports network in Canada but not doing the CFL much good. Again not happy.  Perhaps CFL should contract this, combine, draft to other media or stream and sell advertising.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TecnoGenius

One of the other threads had this

Head Coaches' Press Conference - Tuesday, November 14 @ 8:00 a.m. ET
    CFL Awards - Thursday, November 16 @ 6:00 p.m. ET
    State of the League - Friday, November 17 @ 10:00 a.m. ET
    Coaches' and Players' Post-Practice Media - Saturday November 18 @ TBD
    Coaches' Grey Cup Pre-Game Media - Sunday, November 19 @ TBD
    Grey Cup Post-Game Media - Sunday, November 19 @ TBD

Would this not imply these are going to be televised?  Or maybe they meant they'll be on the TSN streaming sites?  Surely they must at least be on streaming.  When someone figures out, let us know.

TSN is norotiously bad for not properly utilizing their slew of channels.  Just the same thing on 3 or 4 of them and ignoring important CFL stuff.  Blah.  I still think they should pick one of the less-used channels and designate it the "CFL TSN Channel" and it gets all the non-game/lesser-known CFL content.  I mean, why not?  Their guys are already there filming it.  The money is sunk.  Show it to the public and sell some ad space!
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

IIRC, the awards show was streamed online last year. I think I watched in on Youtube.

This year, it looks like CFL+ will be streaming all the weekly events for GC110: https://www.cfl.ca/plus/

GREY CUP WEEK
Watch LIVE during Grey Cup Week! You can stay up to date throughout Grey Cup Week and watch all marquee events as well as media availabilities with players and coaches. All streams are available to our Canadian, U.S., and International audiences!

Events to stream:
State of the League - Tuesday, November 14 @ 9:15 a.m. ET

CFL+ is free to use; you just have to log in first.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 14, 2023, 01:31:09 PM
IIRC, the awards show was streamed online last year. I think I watched in on Youtube.

This year, it looks like CFL+ will be streaming all the weekly events for GC110: https://www.cfl.ca/plus/

GREY CUP WEEK
Watch LIVE during Grey Cup Week! You can stay up to date throughout Grey Cup Week and watch all marquee events as well as media availabilities with players and coaches. All streams are available to our Canadian, U.S., and International audiences!

Events to stream:
State of the League - Tuesday, November 14 @ 9:15 a.m. ET

CFL+ is free to use; you just have to log in first.

Thanks, it appears to be a live link, so this will be the place to watch all CFL events in Hamilton this week.

https://www.cfl.ca/plus/

Funny, it doesn't appear to have anything to do with TSN.

Throw Long Bannatyne

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 14, 2023, 04:21:38 PM
...it doesn't appear to have anything to do with TSN.

Because it doesn't. TSN seems perfectly fine with doing the absolute bare minimum regarding its involvement with the CFL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Tiger

Thank you all for the links.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 14, 2023, 04:35:15 PM
Tape of Ambrosie's State of the League address.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/14/110th-grey-cup-media-state-of-the-league/

According to Ambrosie the league is spinning in a positive direction on many fronts, so that's encouraging. 

The Atlantic Canada expansion is still in active discussion with a prominent individual, but it's to the point of fish or cut bait on that location. 

No mention at all of the Global program and whether progress is being made, or whether it will be soon be discontinued. 

The coaching cap will stay, as the league is satisfied with how it's helped control team spending on management salaries at the behest of the CFLPA.

55StickCar

And probably at least 3 of the 5 will have regional hockey blackouts.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 14, 2023, 04:42:09 PM
Because it doesn't. TSN seems perfectly fine with doing the absolute bare minimum regarding its involvement with the CFL.
This is why I detest TSN.....especially when it comes to football and the CFL.    I deleted their app from my phone and IPad.....I listen to Bomber games via CJOB radio.....I get to watch the game replays via waders27.    I will break down and watch the broadcast of the GC with a bunch of buds who always have a GC party at the friendship hall where we watch it on a big screen.....that's the ONLY exception.    I mean CBC sports used to cover the games and then the budget cuts forced them out.    I mean it's our only one truly national sport representing ALL of Canada and Canadians....unlike no other.    TSN?   Arrrrrgh!
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on November 14, 2023, 11:20:25 PM
This is why I detest TSN.....especially when it comes to football and the CFL.    I deleted their app from my phone and IPad.....I listen to Bomber games via CJOB radio.....I get to watch the game replays via waders27.    I will break down and watch the broadcast of the GC with a bunch of buds who always have a GC party at the friendship hall where we watch it on a big screen.....that's the ONLY exception.    I mean CBC sports used to cover the games and then the budget cuts forced them out.    I mean it's our only one truly national sport representing ALL of Canada and Canadians....unlike no other.    TSN?   Arrrrrgh!
I agree TSN CAN BE A INSULT TO OUR BELOVED SPORT. Why not televise the awards. Instead will play American college ball. Double standard BS.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

1st question to Ambrosie: explain the sucky stats situation all year.  Good on the media for holding his feet to the fire.
Never go full Rider!

bwiser

Quote from: Tiger on November 14, 2023, 04:13:43 AM
So we get to have a NHL or NFL game on 2-3 channels again? Then sports centre on another channel. 

TSN is the leading sports network in Canada but not doing the CFL much good. Again not happy.  Perhaps CFL should contract this, combine, draft to other media or stream and sell advertising.
TSN is probably showing a game that is blacked out in Winnipeg. Its not hard to think that CFL fans would prefer to watch the award ceremonies over a screen that tells you that you can't see this game.

Bluehawk

The TorontoSportsNetwork really has no real ambition to grow our league.
Its too bad there is not a competitive other option.
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....