Nic Marshall

Started by ModAdmin, November 13, 2023, 04:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Well, this could be the excuse they need to get rid of him.  Greenies have a big love/hate relationship with hot-head takes-plays-off Marshall.  And as each season passes they seem to lean more on the "hate" side of that.  They might finally move on.

He's another player that could have been better (or great) had he had his head screwed on right.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Riders don't have to do anything as he is a free agent. I'm sure the new coach will want to start making the team his own and what better way than losing a 31 year old with a gun charge? Easy. Will he even be allowed in to Canada once this is settled? Just a headache they will walk away from.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

The Zipp

has been released by the Riders.

TecnoGenius

Haha, credit to Riderfans forum for the best post of the day on this situation:

QuoteWas he arrested running 5 yards behind the car?

Wait wait, I can do better:

Was he arrested for jogging 5 yards behind the car?

We all know Marshall wasn't interested in running after a ball carrier.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on November 13, 2023, 03:22:42 PM
has been released by the Riders.

Yup, an official one-line no-info statement up on Riderville right now.

On their fan forum they posit that should he not be in jail then Chris Jones will hire him as he's a perfect fit for the C.Jones culture.  :o :o :o :D
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

He won't be allowed into Canada with those charges!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on November 13, 2023, 11:44:04 PM

He could still be found not-guilty.  Presumed innocent remember.  I'm not sure what the Canada-admittance policy is regarding pending charges... this stuff can drag on for a year or more.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Wow, that?s too bad. What is with the American infatuation with guns?..,. I mean seriously!!!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Horseman on November 13, 2023, 11:44:04 PM

Not a chance. His CFL career is finished.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 14, 2023, 01:26:42 AM
He could still be found not-guilty.  Presumed innocent remember.  I'm not sure what the Canada-admittance policy is regarding pending charges... this stuff can drag on for a year or more.

Or plead to a lesser charge that will not disqualify him from working in Canada..  especially if he gets a contract offer from Jones
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Tiger

Georgia has gun laws? Ha
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

bwiser

I don't see a big demand for an aging defensive player with gun charges. Maybe he can hook up with the flavor of the month football league in the states. I think his career in Canada is done.

Horseman

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 14, 2023, 01:26:42 AM

If charges are pending, he is not allowed into Canada. He and his female partner had a sawed off shotgun, a sawed off rifle and another weapon. It's not just as "simple" as having a handgun under the seat of his car.

blue_gold_84

In the State of Georgia, unlawful possession of a firearm is a felony.

A felony charge/conviction when equated to Canadian law is considered serious criminality. Under IRPA, a foreign national with serious criminality would be inadmissible into Canada.

I'd put money on Nic Marshall never entering this country again, much less taking a snap in the CFL.

Good riddance.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on November 14, 2023, 02:16:19 AM
Wow, that?s too bad. What is with the American infatuation with guns?..,. I mean seriously!!!
the US was born out of bombs bursting in air and the right to bear arms.....they revolted and separated from Britain and the colonies....their gun culture was conceived by revolutionary action.    And then there's the 1st and 2nd amendment...forged in their constitution.    .

The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting its free exercise. It protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms.
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 14, 2023, 07:23:13 PM
In the State of Georgia, unlawful possession of a firearm is a felony.

A felony charge/conviction when equated to Canadian law is considered serious criminality. Under IRPA, a foreign national with serious criminality would be inadmissible into Canada.

I'd put money on Nic Marshall never entering this country again, much less taking a snap in the CFL.

Good riddance.

Again, plea deals are common, especially taking someone from a felony where no one was injured to a misdemeanor, saving the trial time and expense.

He may or may not be eligible for entry into Canada, but the question is, would Jones want him (no one else would)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.