Who or What is your favourite match up in the Grey Cup? modified topic

Started by GOLDMEMBER, November 07, 2023, 09:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Mine is Brady Vs would be tacklers.

Yours?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Hatcher v Nichols

WPG DL v BC OL

spy v VAJ

Lawler v Peters

Game hinges on disrupting VAJ on D and whether Brady+OL can run for 150 on O.  Grant is the freebie extra TD.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Zach vs. Adams.....one has a storied pedigree and the other is trying to emerge from this game as an elite QB who can win the big game!   
Bomber fan for life

blue_or_die

#Ride?

drahgon

OL vs DL for both teams. Cliche to say that but I feel this game will be won or lost in the trenches. If VAJ has time, he will dink and dunk us to death similar to last week. Conversely, if he is under pressure, how long until bad VAJ shows up?

Betts and company get into ZC's kitchen, he'll have a bad turnover or two but if we keep him clean and open up the runs for BO, the Bombers can tire out the BC D and they will run all over them.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 10, 2023, 06:28:55 PM
Biggie vs VAJ

I'm not sure this will be the/a plan.  I think the idea will more be Wilson/Kramdi vs VAJ.  Biggie will have other duties: he can't win a VAJ chase from behind.  Blitzing for a quick, unseen hit, sure.  Contain and chase, hopefully not.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 08, 2023, 07:58:08 AM
Hatcher v Nichols

WPG DL v BC OL

spy v VAJ

Lawler v Peters

Game hinges on disrupting VAJ on D and whether Brady+OL can run for 150 on O.  Grant is the freebie extra TD.

Now that we have hindsight...

Hatcher v Nichols: didn't materialize as he injured out early.

spy v VAJ: We did have a spy at times, but it was almost always by committee.  The spies seemed to also be tasked to Mizzel when he tried to sneak out.  It was a sublime, nay, inspired, plan to contain VAJ and I do believe it worked 100%.  I don't think VAJ got more than a couple of yards rushing.

Lawler v Peters: This was an interesting matchup.  Lawler mostly won it.  They blocked Kenny from a couple (feet anyone?), but had to DPI him sometimes, and gave up a couple of good mid-range catches.  So I'd say Kenny won this one.

disrupting VAJ on D: That's basically all we did all night.  Might have been Hall's best game.  He severely out-coached BC, and that's not easy.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 13, 2023, 09:59:43 AM
Now that we have hindsight...

Hatcher v Nichols: didn't materialize as he injured out early.

spy v VAJ: We did have a spy at times, but it was almost always by committee.  The spies seemed to also be tasked to Mizzel when he tried to sneak out.  It was a sublime, nay, inspired, plan to contain VAJ and I do believe it worked 100%.  I don't think VAJ got more than a couple of yards rushing.

Lawler v Peters: This was an interesting matchup.  Lawler mostly won it.  They blocked Kenny from a couple (feet anyone?), but had to DPI him sometimes, and gave up a couple of good mid-range catches.  So I'd say Kenny won this one.

disrupting VAJ on D: That's basically all we did all night.  Might have been Hall's best game.  He severely out-coached BC, and that's not easy.

I noticed Holm was invisible most of the night, until Adams started looking for Rhymes late in the game and Holm made a few great plays to knock the ball down and the final interception.   Maybe he's now the D-back QB's try to avoid?  In contrast they threw at Nichols quite a bit and had some success doing so.

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 13, 2023, 05:40:53 PM
I noticed Holm was invisible most of the night, until Adams started looking for Rhymes late in the game and Holm made a few great plays to knock the ball down and the final interception.   Maybe he's now the D-back QB's try to avoid?  In contrast they threw at Nichols quite a bit and had some success doing so.
Nichols was covering MacInnis and had tight coverage but he made some spectacular grabs...
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Ya Tiger, Zach vs the INT machine called "MTL D"

Cody/Stanback vs our run stop

Brady vs Sankey/Beverette

Mack vs Houston

Hall vs Cavillo: 2 very old hands (brains!) going toe to toe, epic

EDIT: Buck vs Thorpe: 2 also very old hands/brains... can Buck win a game that probably should be 75% run?  Can he trick & feint enough to get guys open for risk-free(ish) passes?
Never go full Rider!

NewBlue

We'll have to limit MTL's new returner
Also tight coverage on Mack who often breaks the big one

Want to see the same energy from the DLine.

blue_gold_84

Oliveira vs. MTL front 7

Oliveira rushed for 120 and 119 yards in two games vs. MTL this past season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.