Injuries

Started by ModAdmin, November 01, 2023, 05:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffler

That's 2,700 yards of production potentially not on the field or as I fear, they start but can't finish. Reminds me of Zach's ankle before last year's Grey Cup, yeah he played but not his best. Will be watching today's injury report with great anticipation, hoping I am worried for nothing.
More balls to Lawler is also not a bad thing. He probably would have led the league had he played the whole season.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 09, 2023, 03:04:04 AM
Schoen replaces Lawler so we have a nice deep receiving corps still no doubt.

What did you mean?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

Demski and Bailey limited Thurs. and out of the blue Murphy is full?  I think we are in trouble here.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on November 09, 2023, 08:30:14 PM
Demski and Bailey limited Thurs. and out of the blue Murphy is full?  I think we are in trouble here.

I would worry if Murphy was starting but just don't see it as BOLO, McCrae and Ambles are probably ahead of him on the depth chart.

Waffler

McRae was limited too. I really think this is a problem

Blue In BC

IR reports always show players as questionable when they have limited reps. I'd bet money that Bailey and Demski will be active and starting. I'm not quite sure what the outcome will be for McCrae although that is more about whether the team elects to go with Ambles. I don't think that will be the case but you never know.

OTOH I'm still hopeful Schoen will play but it doesn't seem he's had any reps and we aren't really hearing anything about him.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

I interpret it as Murphy might be needed. We could be that thin. 

Blueforlife

With one of the best receiving corps in the league, the best QB and RB and one of the best OL, we are fine
  Game is won in the trenches and the team that controls that and wins the turnover battle wins
  Ding ding, run the ball and let Zach sling (it).
Sometimes you need a fresh start

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on November 09, 2023, 03:30:17 AM
Both ND10 and RB88 worked out on the sidelines with the trainers today for about 30 minutes. So, I agree they will both play.

It will be fine if we lose 1 of Schoen Demski Bailey for the WDF.  If we lose 2 we'll start to suffer as BC will take advantage.  Hopefully all are back for the GC.  Maybe we can win the GC down 1, but it'll be tough sledding if we're down 2.

Therefore, if 1 is still iffy (i.e. Schoen), rest him for WDF.  Do we force a Demski/Bailey if they are still iffy?  If we are down 2 for WDF then we go from heavy favorites to 50/50.

Here's the thing: if we're down 2 WR and are starting McCrae and BOLO instead then BC can key on the run.  They will ignore the pass, except Lawler, and shut down Brady.  Period.  Then we'll be forced to make clutch conversions with BOLO and McCrae, who BC will believe they can safely ignore.

Woli may have the game of his life.  He'll be called on to do a whack ton.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blueforlife on November 09, 2023, 10:54:17 PM
With one of the best receiving corps in the league, the best QB and RB and one of the best OL, we are fine
  Game is won in the trenches and the team that controls that and wins the turnover battle wins
  Ding ding, run the ball and let Zach sling (it).

I agree this team isn't really driven by a couple of specific receiver like many teams, as long as Zach is passing well there will be receivers who get open and catch the ball be it Woli, BOLO, Lawler, Sheed, or Demski.  Less certain about McCrae's pure receiving ability but he's a handy tool to have in the lineup nonetheless. 

We haven't seen the over the top homerun pass to Demski for half a season now, I bet they roll that play back out for the playoffs and he scores a couple of TD's.

Blue In BC

It's interesting to see which players were moved to the 1 game IR as opposed to those moved to PR. CFL.CA shows the transactions but the roster hasn't been updated.

Case in point: Rose moved to PR and not 1 game IR. McGhee moved to 1 game IR. Garbutt moved to 1 game IR while Haba moved to PR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 11, 2023, 04:52:20 PM
It's interesting to see which players were moved to the 1 game IR as opposed to those moved to PR. CFL.CA shows the transactions but the roster hasn't been updated.

Case in point: Rose moved to PR and not 1 game IR. McGhee moved to 1 game IR. Garbutt moved to 1 game IR while Haba moved to PR.

Significant yes, PR players don't receive game day cheques.  Seems pretty harsh to treat Rose this way after all he's contributed, but maybe they've decided it's time to move on.   Usually don't like to see these decisions made until the following TC, as you never know which players are coming back and who is moving on in the off-season.  Reality is Rose is older and it's unlikely they would protect him over Parker anyway.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on November 11, 2023, 05:02:44 PM
Significant yes, PR players don't receive game day cheques.  Seems pretty harsh to treat Rose this way after all he's contributed, but maybe they've decided it's time to move on.   Usually don't like to see these decisions made until the following TC, as you never know which players are coming back and who is moving on in the off-season.

That's what I was thinking as well. The other side of the coin is that 5 PR players were moved to IR instead of back to PR. That keeps them under contract but also adds to 2023 SMS. My rough calculation is that an ELC is about $3K more than the PR salary. So this adds about $15K to the SMS.

It's not unusual for many PR players to be re-signed after the end of the season. So it seems strange to make this move now instead of after the Grey Cup. Those players would also be eligible for play off money and even Grey Cup rings.

It is harsh for Rose as you mentioned and not something we see the Bombers do to a vet.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 11, 2023, 06:16:40 PM
That's what I was thinking as well. The other side of the coin is that 5 PR players were moved to IR instead of back to PR. That keeps them under contract but also adds to 2023 SMS. My rough calculation is that an ELC is about $3K more than the PR salary. So this adds about $15K to the SMS.

It's not unusual for many PR players to be re-signed after the end of the season. So it seems strange to make this move now instead of after the Grey Cup. Those players would also be eligible for play off money and even Grey Cup rings.

It is harsh for Rose as you mentioned and not something we see the Bombers do to a vet.

PLayoff money comes from the CFL... $3,400 for every AR and IR player for the bye, $3600 for teh DF and S16,000 or $8000 for Win/Lose in the GC...  PR players put on the IR are getting a nice little bonus for next year courtesy of the CFL...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on November 11, 2023, 07:49:37 PM
PLayoff money comes from the CFL... $3,400 for every AR and IR player for the bye, $3600 for teh DF and S16,000 or $8000 for Win/Lose in the GC...  PR players put on the IR are getting a nice little bonus for next year courtesy of the CFL...

I know playoff money comes from the CFL I'm not so sure there isn't an SMS hit for the IR players though. Stacking the 1 game with PR players seems cheating the system. What prevents a playoff team from putting all their PR players on the 1 game.

And why would they move Rose to PR if that was true?
2019 Grey Cup Champions