Winnipeg Blue Bombers to host Western Final November 11th

Started by ModAdmin, October 21, 2023, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Winnipeg Blue Bombers to host Western Final November 11th   

Bombers have clinched first place in the West Division in three consecutive seasons for the first time since 1960-1962

WINNIPEG, MB., October 20, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have clinched top spot in the CFL's West Division for the third straight season and will host the divisional final on Saturday, November 11th at IG Field. 

With tonight's BC Lions loss to the Calgary Stampeders, the Blue Bombers have secured first place in the West Division with two games remaining in the regular season. The Club will now host the Western Final at IG Field on Saturday, November 11th at 5:30 p.m. CT.

Tickets are available for purchase here.

The Bombers will face the winner of the Western Semi-Final, held Saturday, November 4th at BC Place in Vancouver. The Western Final winner will advance to the 110th Grey Cup, held Sunday November 19th at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Who would have guessed that in the last few weeks we beat both TOR and BC in consecutive weeks, and then BC lose a gimmee at home vs CGY?  I mean, we all had a feeling we were good enough to win those 2 games, but we all remember our embarrassing chokes earlier in the season...

I guess it won't feel as good as an earned win vs EDM would have felt... maybe.  But, hey, if we still clobber EDM with Dru taking 90% snaps then that means we would have completely hosed them with Zach.

But hey, I'll take clinching 1st in W 18 hours early any day of the week.  It's about time some luck went our way.
Never go full Rider!

Stretch

I'll bring it up since it hasn't been mentioned yet: the Jets host Dallas that day at 3pm. Chances they'll start that game earlier to accommodate their ticket holders going to the WF as well?
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

bwiser

Quote from: Stretch on October 21, 2023, 12:14:44 PM
I'll bring it up since it hasn't been mentioned yet: the Jets host Dallas that day at 3pm. Chances they'll start that game earlier to accommodate their ticket holders going to the WF as well?
The Jets game will be on Sportsnet at 300pm. That game is probably part of Sportsnet's national Saturday lineup so unlike the last time there was a conflict between the Jets and the Bombers this game might be harder to move the start time. This is a disaster for the Jets who are already struggling with attendance.

bluengold204

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 21, 2023, 06:06:45 AM
Who would have guessed that in the last few weeks we beat both TOR and BC in consecutive weeks, and then BC lose a gimmee at home vs CGY?  I mean, we all had a feeling we were good enough to win those 2 games, but we all remember our embarrassing chokes earlier in the season...

I guess it won't feel as good as an earned win vs EDM would have felt... maybe.  But, hey, if we still clobber EDM with Dru taking 90% snaps then that means we would have completely hosed them with Zach.

But hey, I'll take clinching 1st in W 18 hours early any day of the week.  It's about time some luck went our way.

Not necessarily? last time we played Edmonton Zach got embarrassed and injured.  Dru had to save the day

Horseman

Quote from: Stretch on October 21, 2023, 12:14:44 PM

Who cares about a reg season Jets game compared to the WF playoff game...C'mon man, no comparison!

Pigskin

Quote from: Horseman on October 21, 2023, 04:36:52 PM
Who cares about a reg season Jets game compared to the WF playoff game...C'mon man, no comparison!

I would think anyone who has Jets and Bombers season tickets would care.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Stretch

Quote from: bwiser on October 21, 2023, 01:59:43 PM
The Jets game will be on Sportsnet at 300pm. That game is probably part of Sportsnet's national Saturday lineup so unlike the last time there was a conflict between the Jets and the Bombers this game might be harder to move the start time.

Nope, it?s on TSN3.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bluengold204 on October 21, 2023, 02:42:36 PM
Not necessarily? last time we played Edmonton Zach got embarrassed and injured.  Dru had to save the day

Oops, I was trying very hard to forget.  I hope we studied that awful film real hard this week to avoid a repeat.  If they are getting pressure through at all we need to pull Zach.
Never go full Rider!

bwiser

Quote from: Stretch on October 21, 2023, 07:25:33 PM
Nope, it?s on TSN3.
Then maybe they can move the start time for the Jets game. The last thing the Jets need is another embarrassingly small crowd.

Tiger

Will they have something for Remembrance Day?

FYI cfl site not updated on schedule showing Winnipeg clinched.

https://www.cfl.ca/schedule/2023/
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Stretch

Horseman

Got 3 tickets today and are ready to MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!