SEASON TICKETS 2024

Started by jayrock, October 12, 2023, 04:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 13, 2023, 07:59:18 AM
I didn't know that!  How does that work?!
Step 1.  Text Carol or any sales rep what you need
Step 2.  Receive tickets in your account and they charge your credit card, I'm Bomber for life on the monthly plan so they have my card, share tickets as needed
Step 3.  Friends can spend money saved at the game on merch, food or drinks and make your buddies happy.  $ goes right to the club!

The best service the Bombers ever game me was in University over 20 years ago.  I call them up last game of the year and I say I want a group deal.  I get 20 tickets for my buddies $5 each (good seats lower bowl).   Bombers got last laugh as we were all country bumpkins super drinkers and they made bank on us at the bar! Was a fun one.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on October 16, 2023, 02:24:38 PM
Ya, I promise you that I will never ever have one of those two team jerseys.
I only wear my full rider gear to games the riders are in town.

And to games the Riders aren't in town?  ??? 8)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I went to the Bomber store to renew in person and get an extra ticket for the EDM game.  They are always so fast and nice and efficient.  Even "complicated" stuff like seat swaps and changes they know exactly what you are talking about and get it done fast.

Did I get some sort of early bird discount by renewing now?  I really have no idea what the pricing is but it seemed a bit higher than last year(?).  The stupid 10% city tax really bites, though.

Riderfans forum is blowing up with angry STHs facing 20% price increases on top of the fact no one wants to renew even at the old prices.  Sad state of affairs for our green neighbours.  On the bright side, it'll make getting tix to '24 LDC cheaper and easier.  (And they are complaining about their new 6% pst on tix.)

So I'm not complaining!  WFC is da bomb(ers) compared to Riderville.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 17, 2023, 01:09:46 AM
I went to the Bomber store to renew in person and get an extra ticket for the EDM game.  They are always so fast and nice and efficient.  Even "complicated" stuff like seat swaps and changes they know exactly what you are talking about and get it done fast.

Did I get some sort of early bird discount by renewing now?  I really have no idea what the pricing is but it seemed a bit higher than last year(?).  The stupid 10% city tax really bites, though.

Riderfans forum is blowing up with angry STHs facing 20% price increases on top of the fact no one wants to renew even at the old prices.  Sad state of affairs for our green neighbours.  On the bright side, it'll make getting tix to '24 LDC cheaper and easier.  (And they are complaining about their new 6% pst on tix.)

All tickets going up next year I think.

GOLDMEMBER

Well to be fair that all sounds pretty terrible for Rider STHs.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

I mean, if my tickets went up 20% that would be a significant hike. I'd be upset too.

jayrock

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 17, 2023, 12:21:08 AM
And to games the Riders aren't in town?  ??? 8)

I have a couple bomber shirts I wear, and I have a couple riders shirts that are pretty low key and if you are not really looking for the logo or words, you would never really know.
If I get seasons, I may get a bombers jersey. Or just maybe be one of those real jerks that wears the visiting teams colours all the time. That would be a good excuse to get a tshirt from every team.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 17, 2023, 03:11:11 PM
I mean, if my tickets went up 20% that would be a significant hike. I'd be upset too.

Agreed. That's an outrageous increase.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 17, 2023, 05:01:29 PM
Agreed. That's an outrageous increase.

I believe they froze season ticket prices over the last 3 years, so they're playing catch up now.  20% increase is tame compared to the price increase of most things the last few years.  Never thought I'd see the day a loaf of bread can cost $7.00.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 17, 2023, 05:19:51 PM
I believe they froze season ticket prices over the last 3 years, so they're playing catch up now.  20% increase is tame compared to the price increase of most things the last few years.  Never thought I'd see the day a loaf of bread can cost $7.00.

It's still a bad look, especially when the on-field product is such a grease fire.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

ModAdmin

What kind of bread costs $7.00?  I pay $1.97 a loaf.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

Soooo 20% is way more than the increase of inflation since 2019 -- that's a lot more than "catch-up". Not to mention certain categories are mostly driving the increases, like food and gas. It certainly doesn't mean everything should go up anywhere near 20%, especially football tickets. The salary cap is mostly flat for operations and players. Food is paid per item. Some operational costs would be higher but they can't possibly be passing that off as inflationary pressures.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on October 17, 2023, 03:41:03 PM
I have a couple bomber shirts I wear, and I have a couple riders shirts that are pretty low key and if you are not really looking for the logo or words, you would never really know.
If I get seasons, I may get a bombers jersey. Or just maybe be one of those real jerks that wears the visiting teams colours all the time. That would be a good excuse to get a tshirt from every team.

Haha, I won't dissuade you from buying a WPG jersey  :D  It would come in handy for a more-hated visiting team, like ABC!

I think you'd get more grief wearing a SSK jersey to every game than matching the visiting team  :D :D

If I moved to Regina, I'd wear a Bomber jersey to every game, except maybe against a hated team I'd wear my '22 GC Sask jersey.  Who the heck cares, just own it and be smug and confident!

If I had to suddenly move, I'd get ST in any CFL city.  I just love CFL.
Never go full Rider!

wpg#1

Quote from: jayrock on October 17, 2023, 03:41:03 PM

J ... say it isn't so !! I can't believe you would get a Bomber jersey  ;D
Really though ... I'm kidding. I know you've said it's you against the rest of the fam. Sometimes you just have to go along.
If you do get tickets, We'll have to meet up and catch up for a minute pregame. It's been a while !
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 17, 2023, 07:51:20 PM
Soooo 20% is way more than the increase of inflation since 2019 -- that's a lot more than "catch-up".

There's quite a lot of argument as to what the actual increase is.  But the big 20% numbers seem to be, as TLB says, from locked-in 3-year MVP deal 2019 prices.  And might also include the "new" 6% PST on tix.  Apparently SSK released the invoices early on their web portal with mistakes on them and pulled them the next day when the forum blew up.  The forum thread has like a billion pages on it already.

All is not well in riderville and they may lose a massive chunk of STH, if the forum moaners are anything to go by.
Never go full Rider!