Redblacks at Als GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, October 09, 2023, 02:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on October 10, 2023, 11:13:19 PM
I think they got to move on and find a legit #1 via free agency. Masoli is too risky?repeated injuries and age take their toll, given Ottawa s recent hardship /struggle, they have to find a legit head coach and then a legit Qb

Bob Dyce has only been HC for 1 full year, I expect he has another year left on his contract, so his record next season will probably determine his fate.  Crum has improved his passing game throughout the season, they'll keep him and Tyrie Adams around but move on from Arbuckle.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 10, 2023, 03:00:33 AM
RBs are pathetic. Unfortunately for there fans. Just bad. Bad players. Bad coaching. Good fans.

The players aren't too bad.  Though I do wonder where all the SMS went.  Did they save megatons of $$ they can sign guys at the end of this season to prep for next season?

Remember, Masoli was supposed to be the guy.  He got to play just a few snaps.  Masoli is a very very good QB who almost beat us in the GC.  Lost by the fingernail of our Nichols.  OTT would have had a vastly different outcome had Masoli not been a walking injury factory.

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 09, 2023, 07:27:13 PM
Weird taking the 3 there

Didn't want to be shutout.  It's a pride thing; I get it.  Losing in a blowout is somewhat common in the CFL.  Getting shutout is just plain embarrassing.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2023, 04:16:48 PM
So what's the plan, do they roll with Masoli again next year?

I'm not sure Masoli will bother rehabbing to risk it all again.  Though his family and friends said he never gives up, so you never know.  He is getting old.

If OTT has nothing else in the hopper for QB, then why not sign Masoli to a friendly contract with heavy incentives?  Crum isn't going to be winning them much.

If Masoli wants to play, but OTT doesn't bite, then I'd expect him to be a very good backup somewhere.  Since more than half the teams lose their star QB every year now, having a GC-contending backup QB would be very valuable, if you can afford it.  Or he could stay ready and on the couch and wait for the first desperate team to lose their starting QB and then ask the world$$.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 11, 2023, 05:51:09 AM
The players aren't too bad.  Though I do wonder where all the SMS went.  Did they save megatons of $$ they can sign guys at the end of this season to prep for next season?

Remember, Masoli was supposed to be the guy.  He got to play just a few snaps.  Masoli is a very very good QB who almost beat us in the GC.  Lost by the fingernail of our Nichols.  OTT would have had a vastly different outcome had Masoli not been a walking injury factory.

Didn't want to be shutout.  It's a pride thing; I get it.  Losing in a blowout is somewhat common in the CFL.  Getting shutout is just plain embarrassing.

Masoli, Desjarlais, Mauldin, Laing and Acklin are probably their biggest contracts, they are another team with a huge 6-game IR, 15 players at last count, including Desjarlais. 

theaardvark

No adverse to Bobby Dyce coming home as our STC...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.