Edmonton @ Winnipeg Pre Game

Started by Pigskin, October 08, 2023, 09:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Ya guys, the Agudosi cut is a real headscratcher.  Basically BOO and McCrae and then we're screwed.  Too bad the trade deadline is gone, otherwise we could trade a 1RDP for Agudosi in desperation  :o ;D ;D ;D :o

That said, I'm probably starting both those guys over Agudosi... but still...

MOS said on bb vid yesterday that he knew Agudosi would be picked up immediately.  Uh, ok.  Should have just PR'd him and pay him a bit extra if he's moaning.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 18, 2023, 08:47:41 PM
Ya, but he's been out of the loop for a looong time.  Could he really take live snaps at SAM without everything falling apart?

So he was running around naked?  Sorry, couldn't resist
No, no. "No wear", as in no wear and tear, meaning he was fresh as a daisy!
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2023, 11:03:26 PM
So apparently I was wrong and the player that was wearing 83 today was Woli. Now that is a concerning, as 83 was having problems making cuts, and seemed to be favoring his leg. If DS83 is gone for any length of time, they will have to bring in another receiver as Murphy is on the 6 games, and Alston is our only receiver on the PR. Which makes me wonder why we didn't try and re-sign Agudosi before the Argos signed him.

Ted Wyman Wpg. Sun predicting Schoen out for the last two games.

https://winnipegsun.com/category/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/

They even used a picture of Woli. in their article! LOL

Pigskin

Unless the Bomber think Alston is a better receiver.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 18, 2023, 11:27:53 PM
Ted Wyman Wpg. Sun predicting Schoen out for the last two games.

That's fine.  We should have it in the bag regardless.  Knock wood.  Should allow Demski and/or Lawler to finally have a huge game.  Need full-beans Schoen for the playoffs.

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2023, 11:29:31 PM
Unless the Bomber think Alston is a better receiver.

That's a zillion to one shot!  I have no doubt that McCrae will slot in for Schoen.  If they want a look-see at Alston, that's what the garbage-week is for next week.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 19, 2023, 02:43:53 AM
That's fine.  We should have it in the bag regardless.  Knock wood.  Should allow Demski and/or Lawler to finally have a huge game.  Need full-beans Schoen for the playoffs.

That's a zillion to one shot!  I have no doubt that McCrae will slot in for Schoen.  If they want a look-see at Alston, that's what the garbage-week is for next week.
Puts down a ten spot on Alston at those odds

Pigskin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 19, 2023, 02:43:53 AM

???? Wasn't talking about McCrae. Was talking about why the Bombers kept Alston and let Agudosi go. Alston is younger, faster, and doesn't have the injury history Agudois has.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on October 19, 2023, 04:08:31 AM
???? Wasn't talking about McCrae. Was talking about why the Bombers kept Alston and let Agudosi go. Alston is younger, faster, and doesn't have the injury history Agudois has.

MOS said they cut those guys in order to keep some fresh faces on the PR. SO they have absolutely seen enough of Agudosi and are ready to move on.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 18, 2023, 08:47:41 PM
Ya, but he's been out of the loop for a looong time.  Could he really take live snaps at SAM without everything falling apart?

So he was running around naked?  Sorry, couldn't resist

In mop up time and / or if the game is no longer a need to win, then sure.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

I can see Noah getting in a game this season. It's nice to see him back on the field practicing, but I think he has a long why to go before he's game ready.

theaardvark

Schoen out for the season is a big blow... Lawler is going to have to pick up a lot of slack there...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

barbk

When Drew Wolitarsky is wearing Schoen's jersey at practise and says it looks bad.... I don't think he will
be back for playoffs either.  The article wasn't encouraging, look how long Grant #80 was out with his injury.

Pigskin

Quote from: barbk on October 19, 2023, 03:30:22 PM
When Drew Wolitarsky is wearing Schoen's jersey at practise and says it looks bad.... I don't think he will
be back for playoffs either.  The article wasn't encouraging, look how long Grant #80 was out with his injury.

And, Woli didn't look like he was 100% yesterday either. He had a hard time making cuts, and was walking with a limp all practice. Not a good time for these injuries.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on October 19, 2023, 03:30:22 PM
be back for playoffs
either.  The article wasn't encouraging, look how long Grant #80 was out with his injury.

I really can't see that happening.  He'll just have to Strevie or Mahomes through it.  It's his first FA after this season and to get top $$ he'll want to have a stellar post-season.  Grant probably could have started earlier had it been critical -- like playoff time.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Injuries are why we need to win the division, that extra week of rest and no additional opportunity for injury is very, very important.

Unfortunately, Jones has nothing to lose, and everything to prove against us, so he's no doubt coming full guns.  And his players are all fighting for jobs, so they are going to "leave everything on the field".  With this being their last game of the season, and for some, potentially the last game of their careers, no reason to hold anything back.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.