Edmonton @ Winnipeg Pre Game

Started by Pigskin, October 08, 2023, 09:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 18, 2023, 05:15:06 PM
Crazy if true: subterfuge!  Once they have their helmets on, they are virtually indistinguishable anyhow.  I hate how their #'s are both 8x and only 1 apart: makes quick identification difficult in-game.  However, Schoen has his own way of walking, always moves like he's beat up.  All the other WRs are instantly recognizable as they are quite different packages.

Players sometimes wear the jersey's of other injured players to show support.

Not subterfuge.
My wife is amazing!

Pete

hard to do subterfuge when you have injury reports every day

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

JJ94: Full practice.

DS83: Full practice. Definitely limping. Having trouble making cuts.

Woli82: Missing

BOO84: Taking Woli's spot. Lots of balls his way, some nice catches. 

BA37: Full practice, but not 100%.

Darby: No wear to be found.

DH35: Full practice, but running full out.

Parker: Full practice, and all over the field.

NH23: Noah Hallett. Limited. But he did jump in at Sam a few times.

NH21: Nick Hallett. Took a lot of reps. at safety.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2023, 07:15:37 PM
JJ94: Full practice.

DS83: Full practice. Definitely limping. Having trouble making cuts.

Woli82: Missing

BOO84: Taking Woli's spot. Lots of balls his way, some nice catches. 

BA37: Full practice, but not 100%.

DH35: Full practice, but running full out.

Parker: Full practice, and all over the field.

NH23: Noah Hallett. Limited. But he did jump in at Sam a few times.

NH21: Nick Hallett. Took a lot of reps. at safety.

Was Woli Schoen, or was he actually missing today? A little confused reading the thread

Pigskin

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on October 18, 2023, 07:31:12 PM
Was Woli Schoen, or was he actually missing today? A little confused reading the thread

I have no clue about that rumor. I would say the player wearing 83 today, was Schoen.

Blue In BC

Noah Hallett at SAM? That's not a bad thing if he can back up at that spot since we're starting a Canadian. Perhaps for our last game if it's not a need to win he gets activated and plays there for some snaps.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 18, 2023, 08:15:10 PM
Noah Hallett at SAM? That's not a bad thing if he can back up at that spot since we're starting a Canadian. Perhaps for our last game if it's not a need to win he gets activated and plays there for some snaps.

Ya, but he's been out of the loop for a looong time.  Could he really take live snaps at SAM without everything falling apart?

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2023, 07:15:37 PM

So he was running around naked?  Sorry, couldn't resist
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on October 18, 2023, 07:31:12 PM

The practice report list Schoen as DNP.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Ravi Alston 6'3" 209. This kid has came a long way since he arrived in camp. Big receiver with very good speed. Caught a couple of deep balls from DP12 today.

BOO84 is our biggest receiver at 6'4" 226. Today he looked very good out there. He also was working a lot of run blocking today.

Pigskin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 18, 2023, 04:30:47 AM
That will require speed.  Hansen being back should help the most.  And I think this will be the first time he meets Mr Wilson.  I think we're good.  Not sure Haba has the speed to chase Ford.

If Houston is good to go, and BA, then Parker will likely have to sit.  Grant will still be taking his spot.

I rewatched the BC game and Jackson actually didn't see much action.  Maybe 5-6 snaps, though he was pretty effective on most.  We went with the Dobson package much more than the Jackson package that week.

Wilson played in the last game against EE.  He had a pretty good night with 5 DTs.

Pigskin

I am hearing JH51 was limping at the end of practice??

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2023, 09:10:22 PM
Wilson played in the last game against EE.  He had a pretty good night with 5 DTs.

Wow, I thought he was still out when we first met EDM?  Or did we play 3 games vs EDM?  I'm mostly thinking about that game where Brown and Ford were running all over us to start the game and almost won.  If Wilson was in for that, then ouch, I'm scared for this game too...

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2023, 09:16:05 PM
I am hearing JH51 was limping at the end of practice??

Yosh always looks like his body's about to fall apart like that skeleton koopa in Super Mario.  I think he's in constant joint pain.  I wouldn't worry about him, he plays through everything. More tape is all he needs!!  ;D
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

So apparently I was wrong and the player that was wearing 83 today was Woli. Now that is a concerning, as 83 was having problems making cuts, and seemed to be favoring his leg. If DS83 is gone for any length of time, they will have to bring in another receiver as Murphy is on the 6 games, and Alston is our only receiver on the PR. Which makes me wonder why we didn't try and re-sign Agudosi before the Argos signed him.

Pigskin

Bombers:

PR: 1 WR, 4 DL, 4 DB, 1 RB, 2 OL,

6 game: 1 WR, 2 LB, 1 RB, 1 DB.

1 game: 1 DB.

We are a little thin at WR.