Edmonton @ Winnipeg Pre Game

Started by Pigskin, October 08, 2023, 09:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffler

Elks last game of a crappy year. Not at home. Who knows how many will even be back, Jones included. I can't see them putting up much of a fight past the 2nd quarter.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 17, 2023, 05:02:01 PM
Derek Taylor
@DTonOB

15m
Day 1 of Bombers practice: no Dalton Schoen. Greg McCrae in his place with the offence.

Good chance to flip the ratio and make changes elsewhere, instead they roll with McCrae.

BA also not practicing, could see him pull up lame on the long pass to Rhymes at the end of the game.

As I said in an earlier post, DS83 is pretty banged up. He probably needs a couple of weeks off.

Hallett is no BA37, but we know he can fill in for a couple of games if needed.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 17, 2023, 05:28:58 PM
As I said in an earlier post, DS83 is pretty banged up. He probably needs a couple of weeks off.

Hallett is no BA37, but we know he can fill in for a couple of games if needed.

Another chance to tweak the ratio and adjust the D-line.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 17, 2023, 06:17:37 PM
Another chance to tweak the ratio and adjust the D-line.

Seems more likely that they'd just have an extra Canadian.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 17, 2023, 07:09:35 PM
Seems more likely that they'd just have an extra Canadian.

Ya, that's our M.O., isn't it.  :P :P  What IMP would we want to put in instead?  I guess we could go with more of Lawrence, Darby, Parker vs less.

No word on Houston yet?

I'm sure BA37 will be fine, and Hallett The Uninjured is pretty good in any event.  DS83 will probably be fine too, so I guess it depends a lot on whether or not we feel this one is in the bag.  I'd rather play Schoen now, win, and rest him for the following 2 weeks.

Having McCrae in to get some reps wouldn't be a bad thing, though it does change the flavor and game plan of the O a fair bit.

I think it's critical we win this game (assuming BC wins theirs) because CGY may be fighting for their playoff life still in that final week.  I don't want to have to duke it out and take injuries vs CGY's stout front 7 if they are in desperation mode.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

injury report shows ds83, ba37, jj94 all did not practice, good news is Houston was a full participant as was Gautier

I wonder if we see Houston in and maybe Parker rotating in at safety?

Blue In BC

It's a 3 practice week + the walk through. No issue with the vets not practising today. We'll see how the progresses and we know they don't really need to practice per se. What our roster looks like on Saturday may be decided on Saturday after knowing the result of the Lions game.

Any reports on which of Parker or Houston was taking 1st string reps at CB? I'd think at the moment Hallett would probably be taking 1st string reps at safety. Just a guess though.

As expected Gauthier could well dress for the game this weekend.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Noah Hallett, Parker, Houston, and Gauthier all dressed and practicing. DS83 has an ankle injury that forced him out of practice today.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 17, 2023, 08:02:41 PM
Ya, that's our M.O., isn't it.  :P :P  What IMP would we want to put in instead?  I guess we could go with more of Lawrence, Darby, Parker vs less.

No word on Houston yet?

I'm sure BA37 will be fine, and Hallett The Uninjured is pretty good in any event.  DS83 will probably be fine too, so I guess it depends a lot on whether or not we feel this one is in the bag.  I'd rather play Schoen now, win, and rest him for the following 2 weeks.

Having McCrae in to get some reps wouldn't be a bad thing, though it does change the flavor and game plan of the O a fair bit.

I think it's critical we win this game (assuming BC wins theirs) because CGY may be fighting for their playoff life still in that final week.  I don't want to have to duke it out and take injuries vs CGY's stout front 7 if they are in desperation mode.

With Hallett or BOLO playing, it would be a good time to give Garbutt or Haba another turn to help the D-line track down Ford.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 17, 2023, 10:07:41 PM
It's a 3 practice week + the walk through. No issue with the vets not practising today. We'll see how the progresses and we know they don't really need to practice per se. What our roster looks like on Saturday may be decided on Saturday after knowing the result of the Lions game.

But it won't because ours will be set in stone and submitted before the Lions result.  MOS said as much on the Coaches Show.  Now, we can switch around who starts or who backs up, but the 45 will be set in stone.  I'm not sure how kindly the CFL (let alone fantasy fans) takes to not starting the charted starters, though.

We'll probably set the AR up for max strength, minus any booboos, and if we don't need to win we can rest the "big guns" after a couple of quarters.  Of course we'll still try like crazy to win, but I'm not risking Zach or Brady to that end, unless we need to.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 17, 2023, 11:15:11 PM
With Hallett or BOLO playing, it would be a good time to give Garbutt or Haba another turn to help the D-line track down Ford.

That will require speed.  Hansen being back should help the most.  And I think this will be the first time he meets Mr Wilson.  I think we're good.  Not sure Haba has the speed to chase Ford.

If Houston is good to go, and BA, then Parker will likely have to sit.  Grant will still be taking his spot.

I rewatched the BC game and Jackson actually didn't see much action.  Maybe 5-6 snaps, though he was pretty effective on most.  We went with the Dobson package much more than the Jackson package that week.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

83, 94, 37, all on the field and practicing.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2023, 04:57:28 PM
83, 944, 37, all on the field and practicing.8

Heard Woli was wearing 83, take a closer look.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on October 18, 2023, 04:57:28 PM
83, 944, 37, all on the field and practicing.8

Awesome, a Porsche on the field!  Is it the 50/50 prize?  ;)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 18, 2023, 04:59:18 PM
Heard Woli was wearing 83, take a closer look.

Crazy if true: subterfuge!  Once they have their helmets on, they are virtually indistinguishable anyhow.  I hate how their #'s are both 8x and only 1 apart: makes quick identification difficult in-game.  However, Schoen has his own way of walking, always moves like he's beat up.  All the other WRs are instantly recognizable as they are quite different packages.
Never go full Rider!