Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 6, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

rewatched  the last 5 minutes of the game, of interest was the squib kickoff, there was 12 seconds left, the bc home timer didn't start the clock til after Williams starting running with the ball, leaving 8 seconds rather that the 5-6 seconds it should have been

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 08, 2023, 06:33:03 PM
I don't know about that, when a players knee touches the field on a tackle they spot the ball where his knee landed, not how far he reached forward with the ball. 
The spot is always where the ball was at the moment the play went dead, doesn?t matter if you step out of bounds or your knee goes down, spot is determined by the ball. I always laugh when a guy goes down then pushes the ball forward as if he?s gaining something by doing that, it?s just ignorance in motion.

Jesse

Quote from: dd on October 08, 2023, 11:28:09 PM
The spot is always where the ball was at the moment the play went dead, doesn?t matter if you step out of bounds or your knee goes down, spot is determined by the ball. I always laugh when a guy goes down then pushes the ball forward as if he?s gaining something by doing that, it?s just ignorance in motion.

There's no magic spell that puts the ball where it should be, it's where the ref thinks the ball was. I'm sure more than one ref has been fooled by some quick hands.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on October 08, 2023, 11:24:02 PM
rewatched  the last 5 minutes of the game, of interest was the squib kickoff, there was 12 seconds left, the bc home timer didn't start the clock til after Williams starting running with the ball, leaving 8 seconds rather that the 5-6 seconds it should have been

On kickoffs the clock starts once the returner touches the ball.  You can see this with the official behind/beside the returner doing the clock-winding motion right when contact is made.  Same thing on the first (and every) KO of the game.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 08, 2023, 11:28:09 PM

They aren't stupid, they are trying to influence the spot or trick the ref or hope the ref view was obscured, whatever.  You certainly want to try to influence them by moving it extra forward, rather than backward!  I'm pretty sure this is even coached.  Everything you can do to try to get an extra inch.  The spotters are human and often blink or get obstructed, etc.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Numbers:

BO20 only touch the ball 20 times in this game. 12/73 rushing, and 8/85 receiving. Another very good night for BO20.

KL89.  9/97. Nice night for KL.
DS83. 5/86.  17 yard avg.

WJ5    1DT- 1 Sack     2PD
JJ94    3DT  2 Sacks   
RW9   4DT  1 Sack
CL99   2DT 1 Sack
JT95   2DT

Cole   3ST. Big night for BC41 on teams.

Bombers with 3 turnover and a missed FG.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Oliveira for MOP.

Hell of a character win on Friday night in that comeback, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

wpg#1

Quote from: Pigskin on October 09, 2023, 02:29:26 PM
Numbers:

BO20 only touch the ball 20 times in this game. 12/73 rushing, and 8/85 receiving. Another very good night for BO20.

KL89.  9/97. Nice night for KL.
DS83. 5/86.  17 yard avg.

WJ5    1DT- 1 Sack     2PD
JJ94    3DT  2 Sacks   
RW9   4DT  1 Sack
CL99   2DT 1 Sack
JT95   2DT

Cole   3ST. Big night for BC41 on teams.

Bombers with 3 turnover and a missed FG.

With Brady, it's not necessarily the numbers, but the times he breaks a run or makes a catch, I think. He seems to rise to the occasion and pulls through when it's really needed. SO GOOD !!

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

Throw Long Bannatyne

Got to thinking, where was BA on that long Cottoy TD when he stiff armed Rose, looks like he had the angle but was trotting 3/4 speed.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1710491882222960749

On the Parker game saving tackle on Rhymes, BA clearly pulls up lame and is unable to pursue.

https://twitter.com/3DownNation/status/1710612823947001980

Have to wonder if he even played in OT.

J5V

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2023, 04:50:57 PM
Got to thinking, where was BA on that long Cottoy TD when he stiff armed Rose, looks like he had the angle but was trotting 3/4 speed.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1710491882222960749
On the Parker game saving tackle on Rhymes, BA clearly pulls up lame and is unable to pursue.
https://twitter.com/3DownNation/status/1710612823947001980
Have to wonder if he even played in OT.

Good observation, I hadn't noticed that. Thanks for pointing that out. Something clearly going on there.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2023, 04:50:57 PM

On both plays I think he was fine but just thought no way he could catch up to the play.  The 2nd clip he does a little hop but seems fine.  I'll check later if he played in OT.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

2Q2:01 The Hollins circus diving catch on 2nd & 18: I'm pretty sure he trapped it with the ground.  The closer-up replay shows the ball almost falling down out of both hands and it definitely strikes the ground big time.  So the only question is does it "budge" enough in his hands and I think it does.

I'm sure there was an even better angle but they never show it as BC is in tempo.  We probably can't overturn it on a challenge with just the angles shown, but if more exist we probably could.  Doesn't matter as we blew our challenge on nonsense in the 1st Q.
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 12, 2023, 01:22:24 AM
2Q2:01 The Hollins circus diving catch on 2nd & 18: I'm pretty sure he trapped it with the ground.  The closer-up replay shows the ball almost falling down out of both hands and it definitely strikes the ground big time.  So the only question is does it "budge" enough in his hands and I think it does.

I'm sure there was an even better angle but they never show it as BC is in tempo.  We probably can't overturn it on a challenge with just the angles shown, but if more exist we probably could.  Doesn't matter as we blew our challenge on nonsense in the 1st Q.

I agree, I thought it wasn't a catch either after watching the replay, the end of the ball hits the ground.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 12, 2023, 01:22:24 AM

I kinda hate when any team rushes the next play to cover up for a bad call, even when it's the Bombers, it doesn't make it right.  Maybe it's a legitimate game strategy but I see it as akin to cheating to take advantage of a ref's poor decision.

I think when the CC suspects this is about to happen, they should be able to call a quick time out to take a closer look at the play, instead of just letting it slide.  Many times these questionable plays determine the outcome of a game.

TecnoGenius

I don't see any way Cole is benched going into the post-season.  He was on D a whole whackton in the BC game, flying around making plays on D.  And he's good on ST.  He's kind of doing what we had Maruo do so much of earlier in the year.  Since Maruo can't make the roster with Hansen healthy, Cole will have to stay in and take up that DI.
Never go full Rider!