Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 6, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55StickCar

Well done boys!! That was an enjoyable game to watch.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 07, 2023, 05:13:04 AM
I didn't hear anything about Schoen in concussion protocol but he'll have time to get healthy if this wasn't just precaution.

Lions lost a starting DB and his injury did appear serious. Possible shoulder/arm/hand problems?

Ya, TSN announced it in the 4th I think.  They actually, finally did some sidelines reporting about injuries LOL

Ya, probably just precautionary, if we all cross our fingers.  EITS getting antsy.  Though he was grimacing and wincing on the sidelines a lot, well after the hit.  I didn't even see which play it happened on.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blitzer on October 07, 2023, 05:15:42 AM
Final total: Collaros 31/41 for 389 yards passing Adams 19/33 for 252. A big turnaround for the Bombers in the second half. They finally got some timely big plays. Big 3rd and 1 stop and Lions receiver running out the clock. Collaros was unlucky but he ended up being the winner in the end.

Wow, just wow.  I thought VAJ got 200 in 1st H.  Are you telling me he got only ~50 in the whole 2nd H and OT??

What if VAJ is one of those QBs that can look amazing all season but crumple when the heat is on?  We've seen a few of those over the years.  Can you imagine if he screws up the WSF??  Man that would be nice to face SSK or CGY @IGF in the WDF.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Dom: he might not be re-upped by BC in off-season because of this.  Burn the witches.  And that might be all she wrote for Dom's career.  He was pretty solid at SY the last few years, but this season he's fallen off a bit.  I think he whiffed on 5 all season vs Prukop maybe 1?  Junkie probably has the stats.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: 55StickCar on October 07, 2023, 05:30:35 AM
Well done boys!! That was an enjoyable game to watch.
darn straight CFL at it finest!

Those Americans do not know what they are missing.

It is a thing of beauty
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 07, 2023, 05:35:15 AM
It is a thing of beauty

The last 4 mins and OT were a thing of beauty.  The rest of the game, kinda ugly and lucky we kept it close enough to pull out the W
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I haven't studied the 3rd down gamble fail spot yet.  Did anyone else see if it was a fair spot?  I thought for sure the refs would give them a couple of extra inches when needed.  Or was it one of those no-one-knows-where-the-ball-is situations?

Anyone know the forum link of the most active Lions forum?  They probably thought it was a bogus spot.  I've yet to read what SSK fans thought; really looking forward to reading the last few pages of their thread.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 05:29:26 AM
You mean in OT??  Parker was back?  Posters here thought he got banged up pretty good on the final pre-OT play.  He was doing Cody-writhing for quite a long time on the turf.  The slowmo didn't really show any damage, though, so maybe he got the wind knocked out having the big hit and roll after over-exerting himself on that game saver.

Ironic, eh, all the teams thought they'd pick on Parker as our "weak link" and it turns out he is the only thing that saved our game and season.  Don't sleep on Parker!!
Yeah my buddy said Parker came back too!!!! He played very well

Blitzer

Bombers were behind in the score for the whole game until overtime. They never gave up. They had some rough games this year with a lot of bad things happening and they'll still probably end up in first place. Wow.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 07, 2023, 05:13:04 AM
Lions lost a starting DB and his injury did appear serious. Possible shoulder/arm/hand problems?

I think it was Edwards-Cooper.  I think booth said stinger, but it looked more like dislocated shoulder or something broken.  He might be gone a few weeks, maybe.  He's a top DB for them.

He also just slotted into the AR this week, so he was coming of an injury already, or something.  I'd have to go back through all the charts to see when he went out before.

So both teams took some damage in a slugfest.  We may have escaped with the W and less overall damage.  That's a double win in such an all-out-effort game.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blitzer

Anyone know the forum link of the most active Lions forum?  This looks like a good one: https://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtopic.php?t=30313&start=180           https://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtopic.php?p=421293#p421293                                                                                                                                                                                       

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on October 07, 2023, 05:57:00 AM
WJ5 had a game. No night off tonight.

That's our Willie!  Big Game Willie.  No sleeping tonight.  He knows how to earn his huge contract each year.  #1 stay healthy.  #2 show up in big games and win championships.  Jeffcoat was bringing the heat too.  Best pair in the CFL once again!  Look at the much-vaunted Betts in comparison... one big play, really.

To bad our DTs had not much to do because BC ran it, what, maybe twice.   :P :P
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blitzer on October 07, 2023, 05:58:53 AM
   Anyone know the forum link of the most active Lions forum?  This looks like a good one: https://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtopic.php?t=30313&start=180           https://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtopic.php?p=421293#p421293             

Thanks!  You da man!  Bookmarking now.  Will make a nice read along with the SSK forum.  I keep thinking of programming an aggregator that lets you see all 9 team fan forums interleaved by timestamp in one big thread...
Never go full Rider!

Blitzer

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 05:32:34 AM
Wow, just wow.  I thought VAJ got 200 in 1st H.  Are you telling me he got only ~50 in the whole 2nd H and OT??

What if VAJ is one of those QBs that can look amazing all season but crumple when the heat is on?  We've seen a few of those over the years.  Can you imagine if he screws up the WSF??  Man that would be nice to face SSK or CGY @IGF in the WDF.

Sorry. He had 352.