Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 6, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 07, 2023, 03:14:53 AM
Zach here.....you're breaking up
Best post of the night!!

You could have said, Zach here, can?t talk right now, I?m just about to throw into double coverage, I think I can complete it. Doah!!

J5V

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 07, 2023, 03:21:48 AM
Really disappointed to give up 3 here
I have really hated Buck's play calling the last half dozen games or so. At times he seems to call a beautiful scheme but at other times I just don't know what he's thinking.
Go Bombers!

The Zipp

Giving them 3 basically free points is brutal.  Ultra conservative play calls.

Lots of mistakes in the first half but they are still in the game

Lincoln Locomotive

Well BC knew Brady was coming and they stuffed on 3rd and short.....credit to their D.  BC full marks for their lead
Bomber fan for life

dd

Bombers are on pace to give up over 500 yds passing. That D ain?t winning no championships!!

Pigskin

ZC8 Int was made to order. Throw deep into double coverage, and no one else running a pass pattern.

Last bombers series, predictable. BO20 didn't have chance.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue72

We are being out coached so far. Rushing 3 giving Adams all day and DB so far off the receivers.

Buck going with Schoen deep and not having Lawler going deep with more speed. Why do we not use all our receivers instead of just Schoen and Demski. If you don't trust them then replace them as it not that hard to beat the Bomber, just cover two guys.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 07, 2023, 03:24:39 AM
Slow start all around
No coverage.
No pressure.
Fumble
INT
Missed FG
Penalties
Lost TOP
Short kicks
Poor coverage
Not much run game yet.

I think that covers it.

I haven't seen Bighill for awhile. Clements has been in. Injury or just not playing well?

BTW: Wasn't somebody claiming O'Shea as an ST genius?  So far that's cost us 6 points in the total swing. Castillo has missed FG's and / or PAT's in 4 consecutive games? This is an improvement?

Anyway. Got them where we want them. :)
Pressure was strong late, 3 sacks.  Opps 4.

Pigskin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 07, 2023, 03:25:56 AM
Well BC knew Brady was coming and they stuffed on 3rd and short.....credit to their D.  BC full marks for their lead

2nd. and short??

barbk

Hopefully Ritchie Hall and Buck Pierce makes adjustments.  We've made too many mistakes, can't afford any more if
we want to win this game.  

J5V

Quote from: dd on October 07, 2023, 03:25:36 AM
Best post of the night!!

You could have said, Zach here, can?t talk right now, I?m just about to throw into double coverage, I think I can complete it. Doah!!
LOL!

Milt calling out the terrible PI call on us in the first half. That was a huge momentum shift in favour of the Lions. I've seen far wose go unflagged. Just no good reason for an official to affect an important game like this with a crap call like that. C'mon ref, let 'em play.
Go Bombers!

3rdand1.5

Well we are still in it, but we need to have a virtually perfect half of football....

Not liking our chances...also not thinking Zach is even the MOP of our team never mind the league....

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue72 on October 07, 2023, 03:29:45 AM
We are being out coached so far. Rushing 3 giving Adams all day and DB so far off the receivers.

Buck going with Schoen deep and not having Lawler going deep with more speed. Why do we not use all our receivers instead of just Schoen and Demski. If you don't trust them then replace them as it not that hard to beat the Bomber, just cover two guys.

Agree. We need some long drives to rest our D. ND10 one pass, Woli, nothing.

barbk

ZC isn't the MOP... I would go with Brady Oliveria but I think VA will get the votes in the west.

Blitzer

When the Bombers get a 10 yard sack on first down, why??? would you only rush 3 guys on the next play!!! Blitz again and FORCE him to throw it short. He's not going to throw it long to nobody!! Who the hell called that defensive play? Is this house league football.  >:(