Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM
Blue Bomber Depth Chart is here -

Where?  I haven't found any chart yet.  Fantasy people need chart!  :-X
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 06, 2023, 10:09:42 PM
That's probably not good.  He probably got sick or had some personal emergency.  I bet it would have to be a really big one for him to let down his brothers in this huge game.

Eli is good, but I'm not sure he's ready to take starting RG role yet.  Yikes.  Well, here's his biiiiig chance to prove he's the next starting guard.

Ya don't worry, Dobson takes the (small) majority of those 6th OL snaps, so the only change will be we're not swapping the 2 hoggies around all the time.  And now everyone's happy we have Jackson on the roster, as he'll get all 7-man max pro sets.

How did you get from point A to point B in that everyone is happy Jackson on the roster because Neufeld is unable to play?

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 06, 2023, 10:40:47 PM
How did you get from point A to point B in that everyone is happy Jackson on the roster because Neufeld is unable to play?

Uh, you think people would be happy we have only 1 backup hoggie dressed now?  Without Jackson we would have no 7 man protection scheme tonight.  Without Jackson if we have 1 more OL injury then we'd have no jumbo or TE package at all.

I for one am very glad Jackson is on the AR today.  Maybe not every day, but today for sure.

Come to think of it, since our OL PR cupboard is bare, it's good to have Jackson around period.  We have no other game ready OL, NAT or otherwise.  Maybe that GLOB of ours... is he still around?  Maybe the lack of OL is factoring into these decisions too.  We basically cannot afford any long-term injury to any of our 7 main OL at this moment.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 06, 2023, 10:10:46 PM
Where?  I haven't found any chart yet.  Fantasy people need chart!  :-X
The OP (original post) in this thread.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 07, 2023, 12:05:37 AM
Who took Brady? :D

I got Brady.  Actually, I took more WPG than I normally would... we are pricey and inconsistent for receivers.  Brady is pretty consistent unless a team absolutely stuff him (happened a few times this year).

I don't like the new fantasy: they give too much money and the players are too cheap.  I usually have money leftover after I pick who I want.  It used to be you could have maybe 2 superstars, now you can have 4-5.

But I'm up to 183rd in the whole country and climbing every week, so I'm doing something right.  I actually have a shot at #1 and the grand prize, with a little luck.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

You guys/gals getting stoked?? !!  Less than an hour to go!

Rider fans sure are goofy, but I have to admit, I like the hype they do on their GDT before games.

BLUE IS THE COLOR!
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 06, 2023, 11:48:48 PM
Uh, you think people would be happy we have only 1 backup hoggie dressed now?  Without Jackson we would have no 7 man protection scheme tonight.  Without Jackson if we have 1 more OL injury then we'd have no jumbo or TE package at all.

I for one am very glad Jackson is on the AR today.  Maybe not every day, but today for sure.

Come to think of it, since our OL PR cupboard is bare, it's good to have Jackson around period.  We have no other game ready OL, NAT or otherwise.  Maybe that GLOB of ours... is he still around?  Maybe the lack of OL is factoring into these decisions too.  We basically cannot afford any long-term injury to any of our 7 main OL at this moment.

Not sure when that became such a huge part of our offence. It's certainly been  more of a trend this year tho.

My wife is amazing!

Jesse

What's everyone's pre-game status?

I'm one drink in waiting for this piece of garbage to finish so they'll start talking about the Bombers (Any mention has been of VAJ, but whatever).
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 07, 2023, 01:39:46 AM
Not sure when that became such a huge part of our offence. It's certainly been  more of a trend this year tho.

Max pro was never a big thing for us in previous years.  We dabbled a bit more last year.  But this is the first year we are going extra heavy so often.  We go jumbo on run, on pass, on 1st, on 2nd.  I really like it as it's a good plan for cold playoffs.  We have the best BWB and the best jumbo.  Great recipe for success as long as we're not stuck playing a WDF under a dome.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 07, 2023, 01:42:32 AM
What's everyone's pre-game status?

I'm one drink in waiting for this piece of garbage to finish so they'll start talking about the Bombers (Any mention has been of VAJ, but whatever).

I'm all set nursing my Pepsi.  :P :-*

Must admit, very nervous.  And I'm even getting texts from my fairweather kinda-CFL fan friends wishing me luck and saying they're watching.  These are guys who either don't watch, or only watch casually later on PVR.  This game might set big TV numbers, even though the bad start time (10pm in the east!) will hamper who can watch until the end.
Never go full Rider!

barbk

Can someone explain why we are the underdogs in this game?

TecnoGenius

Gamezone pickems has the country split right down the middle at 50 BC 50 WPG.  Never seen that before.  No one knows what will happen!  SSK fans forum picking WPG it looks like.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on October 07, 2023, 02:11:44 AM

Home field advantage?  On paper we're nearly perfectly evenly matched.

What's the vegas line right now?
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: barbk on October 07, 2023, 02:11:44 AM
and what's with Milt gushing over VAJ? Does Milt drink the TSN (Toronto Sports Network) Kool Aid?
Go Bombers!