Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 6, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Hearing that DS83, was feeling a little dizzy after taking a hit to the head. Bombers sat him for part of the fourth quarter as a precaution. He is also still nursing a sore shoulder. Nice time for a bye week.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

The game of football is a 60 minute game. Teams that maintain the intensity and execute plays u til the bitter end usually win football games. Ever since OShea took over this club, there has been a fight til the bitter end never give up attitude.THATS what wins football games.

Dalton schoens interview at half time echoed this. When asked how do they come back from a 10 point deficit, he just said play hard football and execute and we ll be ok. So yes it?s coaching, but it has more to do with attitude and never giving up than scheme.

Remember the game brown went in for Collaros and we were down 22-0, it would have been so easy to roll over because the backup Qb is in, but they didn?t, they dug in and scrapped their way to another win.

mondo3

What would happen if the Grey Cup game ended the regular time in a tie?

J5V

OMG Guys! When I went to bed it was 20-10 BC and everything seemed to be going their way. Sure looked like it was going to be their night. BUT WE DID IT!
Go Bombers!

J5V

Go Bombers!

J5V

Quote from: John T. on October 07, 2023, 05:35:12 PM
So I've been doing some thinking about the slow starts that seem to plague the Bombers this season, and I've come up with a reason that is either brilliant, or completely stupid. I'm not sure which, so here it is...
I like it.  :-)
Go Bombers!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 09:06:07 AM
Post-game when they show players doing the "good game" thing, they show Willie and VAJ.  It looks like Willie gave VAJ the "you played a good game, you're a good player, don't get down" pep talk, and shakes his hand vigorously.

I liked it. It was a good, clean (as clean as you could hope for) competitive game. Sask, on the other hand, I didn't want to play again exactly because they have no problem playing it dirty. Adams actually had that game won, Rhymes lost it. I felt for Adams. Nothing more he could have done.  The loss is enough to get in his head. Let him wonder how they might lose next time. That's the way pro sports is now, when it's over you have friends all over the league. Should MOS have hugged Harris last week? If we play them again is it somehow gonna matter? I don't think so.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 07, 2023, 01:32:13 PM
We could have lost on the last play of regulation time. OTOH, we could have scored a bunch earlier to not have been at that point. Even just making the missed FG early in the game changes the score and momentum.

Regardless, we found a way to win and shows we're still in the hunt for the Grey Cup.

I said mid-game not to worry too much because the turnovers and mistakes tend to even out over the 60 mins, especially when both teams are good.  BC got all the breaks in the 1st H, we got some in the 2nd.  It didn't totally even out, but it evened out enough for our superiority to win out.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 07, 2023, 02:29:06 PM
Was not having Neufeld a large factor?

I thought Eli did an exceptional job in his first real start.  I almost wouldn't have noticed Neuf was gone.  I don't think he whiffed any more than Neuf has been lately.  This is remarkable for a guy basically in his second season of real reps.  Snapping him up again was a brilliant move.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 07, 2023, 03:38:49 PM
Lions go on 3rd and 1 but don't make it. Should have punted. Techno... Can you go back and see if the mark was good on VAJ's scramble on the play before that? I thought the ball was more than a yard further ahead than it was marked.

I'm going to make a new thread about it, as it poses a lot of questions...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on October 07, 2023, 03:42:43 PM
Do we always have a nothing game in Calgary to close the season, and leave starters at home?  Or does it just seem that way?

Seems that way.  I think sometimes it's played @IGF though.  It made more sense back when CGY was dominant and we were trying to catch them, or when we were neck and neck.  Now, not so much.  But I'm happy, it's the free spot on the bingo card.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: mondo3 on October 07, 2023, 09:27:47 PM
What would happen if the Grey Cup game ended the regular time in a tie?

Playoffs, by rule, play unlimited mini-games until a winner is decided.  I'm not sure what the record number of mini-games played in a playoff is.  I'm not sure I've even seen one go into double-OT.  If one went into triple-OT, the players will start getting gassed, cramping, injuries, etc.  It would be very entertaining (for us, not them).
Never go full Rider!

Pete

if a player steps out of bounds and holds the ball out in front ..does the ball get spotted where he went out or where the ball is?

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Pete on October 08, 2023, 01:10:34 AM
if a player steps out of bounds and holds the ball out in front ..does the ball get spotted where he went out or where the ball is?

They mark it where he stepped out. Only exception I can think of is if  they have the ball reached out over the goal line before they step out. Then called a td.

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 08, 2023, 12:40:27 AM
Playoffs, by rule, play unlimited mini-games until a winner is decided.  I'm not sure what the record number of mini-games played in a playoff is.  I'm not sure I've even seen one go into double-OT.  If one went into triple-OT, the players will start getting gassed, cramping, injuries, etc.  It would be very entertaining (for us, not them).

The 2005 Grey Cup (I think) went into at least double OT.
My wife is amazing!