Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC October 6, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, October 05, 2023, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Cool Spot on October 07, 2023, 05:11:52 AM
Wpg still has to win at least one more game assuming BC wins their remaining games.

Not worried.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Horseman on October 07, 2023, 05:13:16 AM
Good thing he did, BC would have had time to kick the FG.
Funny didn't think about that till now, very good point.  Maybe he whiffed on purpose lol.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 07, 2023, 05:00:56 AM
Brady for MOP

This game goes a long way to that.  VAJ stock goes down, couldn't get it done in crunchtime.  Brady does.  That is what makes MOPs.

Zach screwed up enough yet again to probably not be in the hunt anymore.  But hand it to him, he stays with it every single time and keeps his focus.  He throws off, throws INTs, and just keeps trucking and finds a way.  He deserves huge credit too.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 05:14:17 AM
This game goes a long way to that.  VAJ stock goes down, couldn't get it done in crunchtime.  Brady does.  That is what makes MOPs.

Zach screwed up enough yet again to probably not be in the hunt anymore.  But hand it to him, he stays with it every single time and keeps his focus.  He throws off, throws INTs, and just keeps trucking and finds a way.  He deserves huge credit too.
He has my vote

Blitzer

Final total: Collaros 31/41 for 389 yards passing Adams 19/33 for 252. A big turnaround for the Bombers in the second half. They finally got some timely big plays. Big 3rd and 1 stop and Lions receiver running out the clock. Collaros was unlucky but he ended up being the winner in the end.

Pigskin

How many times can a team turn the ball over 3 times, 2 in the red zone, miss a FG, and still win.

Best half of football I've seen this D play this season.

BO20, MOP.

Nice to see KL89 have a very good game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on October 07, 2023, 05:05:16 AM
What a game. Best game of the year.

Yes, this is what the TOR@WPG game should have been.  At least for the CFL it worked out this time.  Heart stopping insanity.  I broke some stuff in my man cave when I thought they had that last minute almost-TD.  I didn't see Parker caught him until a minute later.

Must. Chill. Out.  Maybe I need to start drinking Coors
Never go full Rider!

Cool Spot

Quote from: barbk on October 07, 2023, 05:09:36 AM
TSN turning point was Rhymes not going down and that last play and kick the FG to win.

I'd put the 3rd down gamble by BC, and the turnover-on-downs as a candidate as well. But yes, not going down was a mistake that probably had the bigger impact.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Cool Spot

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 07, 2023, 05:14:17 AM

That's definitely his super-power, his ability to shake off his mistakes and come back and to make a play. I just wish... he didn't have to do it as much this year.

Horseman

The Bomber D held BC to just 53 yards of offence in the 2nd half!!!!!!

Pigskin

Quote from: Horseman on October 07, 2023, 05:24:22 AM
The Bomber D held BC to just 53 yards of offence in the 2nd half!!!!!!

Just think if they could a full 60 minutes like they did the second half.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Cool Spot on October 07, 2023, 05:11:52 AM
Wpg still has to win at least one more game assuming BC wins their remaining games.

BC should easily beat HAM, though they could get beat up.  It would be ideal for us if they lose @HAM because then we can go into rest-our-starters mode because we'll have no more byes after that.

Then BC has CGY at home.  If for some reason CGY is still in the hunt for 3rd spot by then, they could make it tricky for BC, and again beat up more on BC.  In all likelihood CGY will be out by then and both teams don't care.

We only have to beat EDM at home (easy peasy lemon squeezy) or CGY in CGY, and again they might not have anything to play for then.  We'll both agree to make it a "Pro Bowl" type game where no one gets hurt.  We only need 1 win, or the BC loss.

Even better, the CGY@BC game is the first game of the week so we'll know before we play our EDM@WPG game whether we need to try or not!  Though we will have to put the roster out before the BC game is decided.  Just put everyone as GDT and "adjust" the AR if BC loses.   :D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on October 07, 2023, 05:12:33 AM
Parker was in the last play.  And Schoen has a week off to recover.

You mean in OT??  Parker was back?  Posters here thought he got banged up pretty good on the final pre-OT play.  He was doing Cody-writhing for quite a long time on the turf.  The slowmo didn't really show any damage, though, so maybe he got the wind knocked out having the big hit and roll after over-exerting himself on that game saver.

Ironic, eh, all the teams thought they'd pick on Parker as our "weak link" and it turns out he is the only thing that saved our game and season.  Don't sleep on Parker!!
Never go full Rider!