Official Game Day Thread - Toronto at Winnipeg - September 29, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, September 27, 2023, 06:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on September 30, 2023, 03:34:44 PM
5 Defensively we need to keep one lb on Oullette, he is a good runner, but extra effective on delay runs or tosses.

7. Replace Jackson with Mcrae, in the short game he's a threat while I didn't see Jackson make 1 play. Against TO or BC we need to utilize all of our roster

I wonder who Oullette learned that from... oh ya, that's right, AH33, literally the best escape artist and dump-pass expert in the CFL.  Ya, you have to keep a guy on him at all times.  No excuse for letting him sneak out of blocking like that.  TOR loves that vacated middle.  They seem to plan it into every single play; it's their insurance policy.

Jackson was doing a ton in this game.  He made some great blocks, sealing blocks, cross-line blocks, critical blocks that were probably getting BO20 up to the second level.  I'm warming up to Jackson and he's getting better and being used more.

To sit Jackson and roster McCrae you'd need to be facing a team where you're not trying to pound it as much, but need more edge speed for sweeps and double & triple move go routes when no one suspects the RB to go deep.  As it gets colder, it'll be more Jackson, not less.  McCrae may not get ARd again this season, unless we get one "garbage season" game in the final week if BC would just do us a solid and lose 1 or 2 games!!
Never go full Rider!