Al at Stamps GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 23, 2023, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 29, 2023, 12:39:21 AM
He should have been suspended, fines are not getting through to him.

A friend of mine pointed this out, but why is the CFL so opposed to suspending players?!?

This many fines seems like it should have some sort of cumulative affect.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 29, 2023, 12:34:41 AM
Derek Taylor
@DTonOB
CFL fines Stamps LB Micah Awe the max for his high hit on the Als Cole Spieker.

How does DT know it's "max"?  I thought the CFL always says they don't release fine $$ amount details?  Ya, we can guess, but how does DT know for sure, unless Awe spills the beans himself.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Quote from: Jesse on September 29, 2023, 02:09:26 AM
A friend of mine pointed this out, but why is the CFL so opposed to suspending players?!?

This many fines seems like it should have some sort of cumulative affect.
I believe the cfl has its hands tied due to the player association. The last agreement spelled out the fine/suspension process. There is a maximum amount a player can be fined

Jesse

Quote from: Pete on September 29, 2023, 03:01:44 AM
I believe the cfl has its hands tied due to the player association. The last agreement spelled out the fine/suspension process. There is a maximum amount a player can be fined

Every league has a players association.

But the two sides still need to agree during CBA agreements and max fines are great, but has nothing to do with the application of suspensions.

And all of that is besides my mine point - which no league/team ever addresses to my satisfaction- why do players? associations support players who consistently injure other members of their association?!
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 29, 2023, 02:45:56 AM
How does DT know it's "max"?  I thought the CFL always says they don't release fine $$ amount details?  Ya, we can guess, but how does DT know for sure, unless Awe spills the beans himself.

Right from cfl.ca

"Calgary Stampeders linebacker Micah Awe has received a maximum fine for a high hit on Montreal Alouettes wide receiver Cole Spieker."