Al at Stamps GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 23, 2023, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I do not care who wins this game now that the Blue Bombers locked up a home playoff date.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

Lemon gets the interception even if he was way offside

Pete

Have no respect for Awe hes a dirty player and trys to injure other players. You can play tough without that stuff

barbk

This is the same ref's that didn't see the hit on ZC from Robertson (Saskatchewan).    Brutal, hoping they aren't going to ref the playoff's and Grey Cup game.

Pete

Fajardo is the master of the 5 yard pass....when you need 10.

DM83

Yea but Calgary is awful. 
What have they spent their money on?

Maier isn?t awful, he just isn?t any good yikes

dd

Quote from: Pete on September 23, 2023, 08:33:53 PM
Have no respect for Awe hes a dirty player and trys to injure other players. You can play tough without that stuff
Agree. Just a cheap dirty player. He?s always over the line with head hunting

dd

Stamps fighting for their playoff lives and lay an egg at home.Love it!! Anytime dickenson loses I love it!!

Blueforlife

Sometimes you need a fresh start

3rdand1.5

Love seeing Dickensons face when things don't go the stamps way.......

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 23, 2023, 11:28:37 PM
Stamps sure are bad

The Stamps IR is the worst in the league at 17, that may be bad luck or related to their training room culture.  I doubt they even have their own workout facilities at McMahon.

GOLDMEMBER

It is crazy how far the Stamos have fallen off. I thought they we be a 500 team but no they are terrible.

BBRT

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 24, 2023, 05:30:57 PM
It is crazy how far the Stamos have fallen off. I thought they we be a 500 team but no they are terrible.

I have to agree with your comments. It is not good period. The attendance numbers are down - there is little talk about the team etc. I live in Calgary and have always purchased a block of season tickets to give out to clients etc. In years past I never had any issue giving the tickets away. This year I have issues finding folks that want them (other then when the Riders come to town). Even the folks that report to me and normally would like to go to a game do not seem to be as interested in going this year.

I really can not lay my hands on what the issue is other than their record - I just think for whatever reason the Stamps are not a hot ticket in Calgary these days.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: BBRT on September 25, 2023, 12:54:02 AM
I have to agree with your comments. It is not good period. The attendance numbers are down - there is little talk about the team etc. I live in Calgary and have always purchased a block of season tickets to give out to clients etc. In years past I never had any issue giving the tickets away. This year I have issues finding folks that want them (other then when the Riders come to town). Even the folks that report to me and normally would like to go to a game do not seem to be as interested in going this year.

I really can not lay my hands on what the issue is other than their record - I just think for whatever reason the Stamps are not a hot ticket in Calgary these days.
wreaks of lazy ownership.

Lincoln Locomotive

both the Stamps and the Elks were perennial powerhouses in the CFL in years past and the Stamps started falling off the year we beat them in the WSF in 2019.    Up until then the Stamps virtually owned us but then we signed Zach and he has captained our team ever since to being a perennial contender.    In pro sports it seems to go in cycles......our Bombers were the laughing stock of the CFL for many years until we under new management and coaching eventually turned our team around.
Our days in the sun may start waning after a few years and likely we will need to start a rebuilding process.    We are not the number one ranked team this season falling to third just behind BC.    Enjoy it while we still can!!
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 25, 2023, 04:13:37 PM
both the Stamps and the Elks were perennial powerhouses in the CFL in years past and the Stamps started falling off the year we beat them in the WSF in 2019.    Up until then the Stamps virtually owned us but then we signed Zach and he has captained our team ever since to being a perennial contender.    In pro sports it seems to go in cycles......our Bombers were the laughing stock of the CFL for many years until we under new management and coaching eventually turned our team around.
Our days in the sun may start waning after a few years and likely we will need to start a rebuilding process.    We are not the number one ranked team this season falling to third just behind BC.    Enjoy it while we still can!!

Make the right moves this off-season and a rebuild won't be necessary, #1 priority re-sign Walters to continue on with the current program.

BBRT

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 25, 2023, 05:19:15 PM
Make the right moves this off-season and a rebuild won't be necessary, #1 priority re-sign Walters to continue on with the current program.

This one has me thinking! No word on this as of yet. They resigned MOS and I would have thought Walters would be next or at least close. The word (if you can believe what you hear) out of Regina is that the Riders may be looking for a new GM after the season ends and they all seem to like Walters. I doubt he would jump ship unless he wants a very very challenging opportunity as the Riders seems to be in a downward spiral but who knows.

I would like to see the Bombers lock Walters up for the next 3-5 years. I do not believe that MOS is ready for this role just yet.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on September 23, 2023, 08:33:53 PM

Wow, this hit was nuts.  (Just watching now for 1st time)

When everyone watching live on TV and probably the stadium instantly says in their head "penalty", then you know you've done something wrong as a D player.

That type of hit is the one where those little hexagon things on the crown of the helmet would have helped.  But it would appear Spieker doesn't have one.

Good for command to upgrade it to 25.  That's the first "level 2" UR I've seen in a loooong time.

Again with "cerebral" Awe turning into a serial killer on the field.  Cost his team 25 this time.  I'm a bit surprised he didn't get ejected?  But I guess the rules don't work that way for in-whistle play.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on September 23, 2023, 08:40:13 PM
This is the same ref's that didn't see the hit on ZC from Robertson (Saskatchewan).    Brutal, hoping they aren't going to ref the playoff's and Grey Cup game.

To be fair to this (bad) ref crew, they did throw the nylon instantly on the hit (you can see it on screen); the only thing command did was upgrade it to 25.  I'm pretty sure only command can do those upgrades.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on September 23, 2023, 08:52:44 PM
Fajardo is the master of the 5 yard pass....when you need 10.

2Q2:03 Cody 5 yard underthrow, is guaranteed to get a bunch of "Cody sucks can't throw long" complaints out of Riderfans forum  :P

Like they always say, Cody looks like he's using all his might like the ball is a shot-put to get it to go a mere 35 yards.  Other QBs look like they're just flicking their wrist and get 55 yards.  Must drive Maas crazy.  You'd think he'd have learned by now?  Maas a slower learner?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Ben Major getting another punch to the face.  Dude can't catch a break!  He's the most beat-up on CFL ref bar none.  He was screaming expletives at those players.

He's like: This ain't worth the 2-4 and pack of smokes the CFL pays me each week.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 27, 2023, 05:11:36 AM
Wow, this hit was nuts.  (Just watching now for 1st time)

When everyone watching live on TV and probably the stadium instantly says in their head "penalty", then you know you've done something wrong as a D player.

That type of hit is the one where those little hexagon things on the crown of the helmet would have helped.  But it would appear Spieker doesn't have one.

Good for command to upgrade it to 25.  That's the first "level 2" UR I've seen in a loooong time.

Again with "cerebral" Awe turning into a serial killer on the field.  Cost his team 25 this time.  I'm a bit surprised he didn't get ejected?  But I guess the rules don't work that way for in-whistle play.

I didn't catch the Stamps game, aprox. when did the Awe incident occur?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on September 23, 2023, 11:28:37 PM
Stamps sure are bad

Ya, it's not so much that MTL is good, it's that CGY is playing so horrendously bad.  Every unit of every phase takes turns stinking.  No one shines.  Carey looks just plain bad.

Maybe the CGY coordinators need to go.  The calling is weak and stale.  And CGY taking dumb penalties all over the place; very un-CGY like.  Maybe Dickenson The Greater needs to go, or go upstairs.  Killam might breathe new life into the team as HC.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 27, 2023, 04:39:11 PM
I didn't catch the Stamps game, aprox. when did the Awe incident occur?

1Q1:35, or approx 31mins into the broadcast.

One of the biggest, brutal hits this year, I'd say.  Hand it to Spieker for immediately going after his fumble after the hit.  Young kid is tough as nails.  Might look good in WPG one day.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Holy smokes, the LT #56 Weldon in CGY is putrid.  I think he was responsible for fully half the pressures and sacks on Maier.  You can't win games with tackles as bad as that (SSK has this problem too).
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

I, for one, have enjoyed the downfall of the Stampeders. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 27, 2023, 10:45:31 PM
1Q1:35, or approx 31mins into the broadcast.

One of the biggest, brutal hits this year, I'd say.  Hand it to Spieker for immediately going after his fumble after the hit.  Young kid is tough as nails.  Might look good in WPG one day.

Thanks, that was AWEful, I would think Awe is in line for some supplemental discipline for his non-compliance this season, perhaps a suspension, but no announcement of last week's disciplinary action yet.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 28, 2023, 01:07:27 PM
I, for one, have enjoyed the downfall of the Stampeders. ;D

No doubt.  ABC.  I love seeing Dickenson  get worse year after year after year... It's time for him to go (maybe upstairs).  I do feel a bit sorry for the CGY fans though.  A bit.  Then again, they did have it so well for, what, a decade?
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Derek Taylor
@DTonOB
CFL fines Stamps LB Micah Awe the max for his high hit on the Als Cole Spieker.

Awe's 4th fine of the season, all for high hits.
8th fine overall, by my count:

High hit x5
Leading w/crown of helmet x2
"Reckless & dangerous tackle" x1
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 29, 2023, 12:34:41 AM
Derek Taylor
@DTonOB

Awe's 4th fine of the season, all for high hits.
8th fine overall, by my count:

High hit x5
Leading w/crown of helmet x2
"Reckless & dangerous tackle" x1

He should have been suspended, fines are not getting through to him.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 29, 2023, 12:39:21 AM
He should have been suspended, fines are not getting through to him.

A friend of mine pointed this out, but why is the CFL so opposed to suspending players?!?

This many fines seems like it should have some sort of cumulative affect.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 29, 2023, 12:34:41 AM
Derek Taylor
@DTonOB

How does DT know it's "max"?  I thought the CFL always says they don't release fine $$ amount details?  Ya, we can guess, but how does DT know for sure, unless Awe spills the beans himself.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Quote from: Jesse on September 29, 2023, 02:09:26 AM
A friend of mine pointed this out, but why is the CFL so opposed to suspending players?!?

This many fines seems like it should have some sort of cumulative affect.
I believe the cfl has its hands tied due to the player association. The last agreement spelled out the fine/suspension process. There is a maximum amount a player can be fined

Jesse

Quote from: Pete on September 29, 2023, 03:01:44 AM
I believe the cfl has its hands tied due to the player association. The last agreement spelled out the fine/suspension process. There is a maximum amount a player can be fined

Every league has a players association.

But the two sides still need to agree during CBA agreements and max fines are great, but has nothing to do with the application of suspensions.

And all of that is besides my mine point - which no league/team ever addresses to my satisfaction- why do players? associations support players who consistently injure other members of their association?!
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 29, 2023, 02:45:56 AM
How does DT know it's "max"?  I thought the CFL always says they don't release fine $$ amount details?  Ya, we can guess, but how does DT know for sure, unless Awe spills the beans himself.

Right from cfl.ca

"Calgary Stampeders linebacker Micah Awe has received a maximum fine for a high hit on Montreal Alouettes wide receiver Cole Spieker."