Zach achieves highest QB rating so far this season

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, September 13, 2023, 04:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

yes we know he's been somewhat inconsistent however Zach took ownership of his play and delivered a spectacular performance against the Riders.   He's our silent leader who addressed the entire team immediately after the LDC.   To a man they responded!!

https://3downnation.com/2023/09/12/winnipeg-blue-bombers-qb-zach-collaros-receives-best-single-game-grade-of-2023-season-from-pff/
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

I think it was a Shoen interview where it was mentioned that Zach spoke after the LDC, and while it was not revealed what was said, it was noted that when Zach talks, you know it is serious, and players listen...

He knows he has it good here, and that we gave him a chance when everyone else wrote him off.  Walters, MOS and Buck are all working together to make sure he is protected, and will have the longest potential career here, so I can see him retiring a Bomber. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

Best player in the league and all he did was served up some bird, fresh wings to the doubters.  Will go down as one of the Bombers greatest QBs (needs to stay healthy).

NewBlue

Would have been an even higher grade if Lawler didn't have that sure TD drop
Would have been a career high 6 TD's too

Only complaint about that game!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: NewBlue on September 13, 2023, 10:29:39 PM
Would have been an even higher grade if Lawler didn't have that sure TD drop
Would have been a career high 6 TD's too

Only complaint about that game!

You could clearly see Sask. defender tugging on his facemask as they ran down the sideline, probably threw off his timing, if O'Shea challenged that call he would have won.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 13, 2023, 11:27:56 PM
You could clearly see Sask. defender tugging on his facemask as they ran down the sideline, probably threw off his timing, if O'Shea challenged that call he would have won.
yeah, Lawler was calling for face-masking....apparently it pulled the helmet over his eyes and he couldn't see the ball clearly.    The short clips on the replay don't really show it.    Normally he makes that catch.   Hmmm....he didn't really make much of a protest though....not enough for MOS to toss the challenge flag I guess.   Anyone else catch a different angle on the replay that may have shown that?
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

REC | Tim White | Hamilton Tiger-Cats | 85.8

Wow, Schoen's hat trick didn't beat out White this week??  Did Schoen drop any?  I don't think he did?  Jeez, I guess maybe yards are factored in more than TDs?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 14, 2023, 01:55:09 AM
yeah, Lawler was calling for face-masking....apparently it pulled the helmet over his eyes and he couldn't see the ball clearly.    The short clips on the replay don't really show it.    Normally he makes that catch.   Hmmm....he didn't really make much of a protest though....not enough for MOS to toss the challenge flag I guess.   Anyone else catch a different angle on the replay that may have shown that?

TSN didn't show squat that was useful.  Probably why MOS couldn't/didn't challenge.  I really wish we could have had more angles.  The monkey business definitely was earlier in the route though, like 1/3rd to the potential catch point.  I've seen SSK do that before, and it's actually smart DB work: less likely to be seen, less likely to be filmed, if you draw DPI it's only for a short gain, not a huge one (or TD).

Lawler dropped an easy pass from Dru too.

I expect Lawler to have a massive bounceback in HAM to prove he's not a dropsies guy.
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

Yes it was DPI, he tugged on Lawlers face mask as he was running by the defender, MOS should have challenged that.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Horseman on September 14, 2023, 03:02:28 PM
Yes it was DPI, he tugged on Lawlers face mask as he was running by the defender, MOS should have challenged that.

Surprised he didn't considering the momentum at that point.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on September 14, 2023, 03:02:28 PM

But did you see a clear view of it on the TSN replays?  Everything at that stage of the route was from far away.  I'm assuming TSN showed us everything they had.  MOS won't waste a challenge if there's not a clear view like other refs might.
Never go full Rider!