Ticats at Redblacks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 08, 2023, 01:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Ottawa really really needs this one to stay in the hunt.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

I think neither the TiCats or Redblacks make the play offs. Crossover expected.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Both teams are swirling the bowl.  OTT does seem to be slightly improving, whilst HAM remains an enigma.  Can "good HAM" show up tonight?

Does the Duke locker-room furore strengthen HAM with fire or weaken it with discord?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Who on earth scheduled HAM in a Fri game after playing in a Mon game?  Yikes.

And OTT had the bye.  Anyone know OTT's record after the bye?
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Pigromes problems in short yardage by the goal line exposed again. He's better where theres more of an option to run wide.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on September 09, 2023, 12:12:22 AM
Pigromes problems in short yardage by the goal line exposed again. He's better where theres more of an option to run wide.

Ouch.  3 legit 1 yard tries and he blows all 3!!  It's the same problem he had here.  He's not hitting a hole fast enough.  He doesn't get low.  He's picking the wrong hoggie.  He doesn't seem to care.  Sorry not sorry if anyone is offended by my take, but how many SY plays has he screwed up on now for how many teams??  He's undoubtedly the worst in the league.

He won't have a SY job for much longer, and therefore he's off to some PR, or heading back home.
Never go full Rider!

dd

And this is the guy everyone was raving about!?!?

dd

Wow, just tune in, 6-3 in the 3rd quarter a real offensive juggernaut this one!!

dd

Butler was down before ball popped out, should stay ticat ball

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 09, 2023, 01:22:45 AM
And this is the guy everyone was raving about!?!?

To be fair, we were raving about his arm, darts, and his play as the "#1 QB" for part of the PS games.  If Crum starts faltering (even more), then I think OTT should give PiggyT 2-3 starts.  We might be surprised.  It would be nice to see what he could do before he gets booted from the CFL forever.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I'm only 1 hour into the game; but man, does OTT go and shoot their own foot every single time they get something going!

OTT is clearly massively out-playing HAM, yet 3:00 before halftime they have nothing to show for it.  However, HAM D will start wearing out if HAM O can't get longer drives going.

How about that Kastitonis hit on the OTT WR at the goal line to force the Piggy 3-failed SY.  That massive hit to change the R direction was pivotal.  Many D players don't bother at the 1 like that.  And to line it up so nicely to stop him vs redirect him.  That type of play will get a player written down on MOS/KW's notepad for potential FA pickups...
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

dd

Deadblacks, coming off a bye and 10 days to prepare couldn?t beat the Ticats, who they had to beat to keep,their playoff hopes alive and the Ticats only had 3 days to prepare, at home no less, and they lose. They stink. And we lost to these guys!?!? Cmon man!!!

bunker

Missed the first quarter. Actually a good game with back and forth lead changes. I thought both QBs played relatively well for rookies, although Crum had ball security issues. Tim White had quite a game.

bunker

They seem to be calling offensive PI more tightly. Was surprised Hamilton won that challenge. I remember Duke Williams used to shove DBs away before making a catch with no penalty called.