Andrew Harris to retire & TOR@HAM

Started by TecnoGenius, September 08, 2023, 07:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevan

It was unfortunate how he left, but it worked out so well for us. Brady is a beast out there and Harris is still one of the highest paid RBs this season and maybe plays 10-20 percent of the plays.

dd

Quote from: kevan on September 09, 2023, 01:21:15 PM
It was unfortunate how he left, but it worked out so well for us. Brady is a beast out there and Harris is still one of the highest paid RBs this season and maybe plays 10-20 percent of the plays.
You?re right, it was unfortunate how he left , it was an ugly split. I think everyone knew it was time, but some didn?t want to accept that. Brady is an absolute beast of a runningback, while Harris plays maybe 20% of the snaps. He would have got the same deal here, but the pay cheque would have been less, and that was the catch. Pinball gave him a heap of cash and he took it in a huff. Sad it couldn?t have worked out but such is life, the only thing constant is change.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 09, 2023, 01:34:11 AM
Legend, one of the best Canadian backs ever and the best Bomber back imo

All due respect to Blink
ah....he doesn't hold a candle to Leo Lewis...who won 4 Grey Cups.    Perhaps you never had the opportunity to see him play of meet him.    He was a the best football player ever coached by Bud Grant, in Grants own words!   You know, the guy in bronze!
I give you that he may be the best Canadian back ever or in the top echelon of Canadian running backs but Leo !
Yeah, Blink broke his rushing record but he never helped the Bombers win a Cup and on his last appearance in the Grey Cup he partied the night before....and I never forgave him for that.
Leo Lewis was a dangerous pass receive as well averaging 22 yards per catch in 1960 where he had over 660 yards.  He also returned kicks and averaged 30 yards per return.   Add to that he passed for 14 touchdowns in his 11 career with the Bombers. 
Leo Lewis was hands down the best running back ever to wear Blue and Gold and his character, loyalty and integrity were exemplary and unparalleled!

https://cflapedia.com/Players/l/lewis_leo.htm
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 09, 2023, 11:15:05 PM
ah....he doesn't hold a candle to Leo Lewis...who won 4 Grey Cups.    Perhaps you never had the opportunity to see him play of meet him.    He was a the best football player ever coached by Bud Grant, in Grants own words!   You know, the guy in bronze!
I give you that he may be the best Canadian back ever or in the top echelon of Canadian running backs but Leo !
Yeah, Blink broke his rushing record but he never helped the Bombers win a Cup and on his last appearance in the Grey Cup he partied the night before....and I never forgave him for that.
Leo Lewis was a dangerous pass receive as well averaging 22 yards per catch in 1960 where he had over 660 yards.  He also returned kicks and averaged 30 yards per return.   Add to that he passed for 14 touchdowns in his 11 career with the Bombers. 
Leo Lewis was hands down the best running back ever to wear Blue and Gold and his character, loyalty and integrity were exemplary and unparalleled!

https://cflapedia.com/Players/l/lewis_leo.htm

I will fight to the death that Charlie was the best ever. Leo is obviously right there and it just depends who you grew up watching.

Andrew is a distant third.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 09, 2023, 11:15:05 PM
ah....he doesn't hold a candle to Leo Lewis...who won 4 Grey Cups.

AH33 was 4 GC's too... just sayin'.  And.... he could very well get #5 this year!!  Hopefully we stop that from happening!
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Jesse on September 10, 2023, 01:31:45 AM
I will fight to the death that Charlie was the best ever. Leo is obviously right there and it just depends who you grew up watching.

Andrew is a distant third.
Read his stats....not only did he completely revolutionize the game for running backs he could do it all....he was a team player.    I was also a big Charles Robert's fan but he wasn't necessarily a team first kinda guy.    He went out partying the night before the GC game and we lost.    Sorry but that just tarnishes his record and he never won a Cup.   Yes Blink was dynamic but this game in a 9 team league is about winning Grey Cups and Lewis did that in spades playing 11 seasons for the Bombers.   I was also a huge fan of Andrew Harris and had him up there with Leo and Blink and he WAS instrumental in getting this team to where it is today.    I was going to buy a #33 jersey after the 21' GC however when he left us that was not happening.    I was bitterly disappointed he couldn't find a way to retire as a Bomber legend, however he does have a chip on his shoulder.
He managed to win another GC with TO and could arguably win a second with them giving him 5.   

He's played for 3 teams whereas Leo played all of his 11 seasons with the Bombers.   The greatest coach in Bomber history csst in bronze at IGF said he was the greatest player and he ever coached on either side of the border.   That's 18 years in the NFL and 9 years for the Bombers.

I get that many of you never saw him play however I've seen them all play and Leo is simply the best and his records and stats dictate that fact.   
Bomber fan for life

ModAdmin

Watched Leo Lewis play.  He was great.  He was a Bomber all the way.  I would take him any day over the RBs who have played over the years for the Bombers.  That doesn't minimize the accomplishments of Harris, Reaves, Heron or Raimey or ????  Leo Lewis though was special in a special era of the Bombers history.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blueandgoldguy

Great career.  Too bad he couldn't finish it with the Bombers.

I have him fourth all-time among Bomber backs.

1. Leo Lewis
2. and 3. Charles Roberts and Williard Reeves - tough for me to decide who is better among these 2.
4. Andrew Harris.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 10, 2023, 06:23:12 AM
Watched Leo Lewis play.  He was great.  He was a Bomber all the way.  I would take him any day over the RBs who have played over the years for the Bombers.  That doesn't minimize the accomplishments of Harris, Reaves, Heron or Raimey or ????  Leo Lewis though was special in a special era of the Bombers history.
Zero mention of Blink? Makes this post lack respect. Disappoints me mod.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 10, 2023, 06:23:12 AM
Agreed....and I looooved Dave Ramey and Mack.....I'm not taking anything away from them including Harris and Blink who were both phenoms.    However and no disrespect to Any of the great RBs we've had, I felt Leo was the greatest Bomber RB ever and that was before Bud Grant ranked him as the best player he ever coached let alone a RB.    That's a pretty lofty accolade coming from someone who coached championship teams for nearly 3 decades!   Speaks volumes!!
Bomber fan for life

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 10, 2023, 08:08:56 PM
I'm sure it was an oversight right Mod??
Bomber fan for life

ModAdmin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 10, 2023, 08:08:56 PM

Based on talent you are 100% correct. But there were other drawbacks.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 10, 2023, 08:25:51 PM
Based on talent you are 100% correct. But there were other drawbacks.
I do not care what you do off the field. You do know Mack Herron was an apparent heavy drug used right? You did not hesitate to mention him. ::)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ModAdmin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 11, 2023, 01:29:53 AM
I do not care what you do off the field. You do know Mack Herron was an apparent heavy drug used right? You did not hesitate to mention him. ::)

You are correct in in the drug use situation.  At the time it was described as "small amount of marijuana, and police would also find traces of cocaine" in a raid on his apartment.

And the Bombers released him.  I'll give it to you that I should not have included him to be consistent with what I said earlier.  I still believe that, over the his history with the Bombers, Leo was the best and most consistent, productive back the Bombers have had.