Returners

Started by tlf, September 07, 2023, 02:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlf

From DTonOB on X/Twitter :

Two big notes from the CFL transaction wire:

Bombers extending returner Janarion Grant on the injured list until October. And they've moved Greg McCrae to the practice roster.

TecnoGenius

Wow and wow!

Like someone said in another thread, what exactly is Grant's injury?  So much for the "nothingburger", this has been how many weeks now?  Ouch.

McCrae to PR means one of these new guys is probably going to start for returns immediately.  Or we'll just throw Parker back there (JA27 as backup) and continue to ignore our return game and use the extra DI on more D depth.  I can't possibly see us using the extra slot to dress Agudosi...

Well, we wanted action to address things, we're getting action to address things!  In Canadian Mafia we trust!
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 07, 2023, 03:24:28 AM
Wow and wow!

Like someone said in another thread, what exactly is Grant's injury?  So much for the "nothingburger", this has been how many weeks now?  Ouch.

McCrae to PR means one of these new guys is probably going to start for returns immediately.  Or we'll just throw Parker back there (JA27 as backup) and continue to ignore our return game and use the extra DI on more D depth.  I can't possibly see us using the extra slot to dress Agudosi...

Well, we wanted action to address things, we're getting action to address things!  In Canadian Mafia we trust!

New guy probably coming on for McCrae to handle returns and J.A. getting a chance to run some of McCrae's plays.  I'd be surprised if Haba didn't also come on for Jackson, but we'll see.

BLUEBOMBER

Good to see that we are at least trying to do something about our return game. Parker is not the answer and I guess McCrae didn't want to do returns so he is out?

LXTSN

McCrae wasn't the answer at returner, and it kind of looks like he's getting tired of playing out of position.
He's a RB and he gets maybe 1-2 runs per game.
I feel like we haven't seen the same efforts out of him lately, and I don't really blame him. He is just in a really tough spot.

blue_gold_84

What terrible news.

And all because the coaches made an equally terrible decision to plug him into a struggling offense for one play.

Here's hoping Parker is up to the task; the return game needs to be much better since Grant's departure.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Blue In BC

Burtenshaw was moved to PR as well. Briggs was not practising yesterday. So there is going to be some more shuffling on the roster. Not many extra Canadians to add from the PR, maybe Kelly to work on ST's.

Taking off the alternative FB doesn't make me feel O'Shea will take Jackson out.

Taking 7+ weeks to find a new candidate to return kicks?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

when we face Toronto without Grant our STs will be at a huge disadvantage.....Toronto's STs are top shelf all around.....thank the football Gods for having Castillo however we will have to contain Leake and our leaky cover teams will have fits all night.
Bomber fan for life

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 07, 2023, 01:17:59 PM
Burtenshaw was moved to PR as well. Briggs was not practising yesterday. So there is going to be some more shuffling on the roster. Not many extra Canadians to add from the PR, maybe Kelly to work on ST's.

Taking off the alternative FB doesn't make me feel O'Shea will take Jackson out.

Pretty much inexcusable, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 07, 2023, 03:11:43 PM
Pretty much inexcusable, IMO.

agreed...and not fixing the cover teams

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 07, 2023, 01:17:59 PM

I think Walters was holding off bringing in more players until they knew the status of Grant's health, he acted pretty quickly once they figured out he was going back on the 6-game.  Grant was running last week, so doctors must have seen something they didn't like, hope he's not gone for the season.

kkc60

the lack of ST depth is pretty shocking considering STs used to be this teams fort?.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 07, 2023, 03:53:44 PM
I think Walters was holding off bringing in more players until they knew the status of Grant's health, he acted pretty quickly once they figured out he was going back on the 6-game.  Grant was running last week, so doctors must have seen something they didn't like, hope he's not gone for the season.

Nothing would have prevented him from covering his bets and bringing in players on the PR to evaluate. Whether they thought Grant would be back or not, wouldn't have changed that idea.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Burtenshaw back on PR, maybe it means Miller is back? Any news on him?

McCrae on PR, should mean we are debuting the new KR/WR/DB guy - Blackmon.

blueraid

Blackmon most likely slotted for returner.....He looks like a burner type and let's just face it, McRae wasn't getting it done ...Apparently the new kid can catch as well.....interesting