Banjo Bowl Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, September 04, 2023, 06:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bwiser on September 06, 2023, 09:30:01 PM
Its appearing more everyday that Millers season and possibly career may be coming to an end. He just doesn't seem to be making any progress.
He is my favourite player on the roster now BUT this is getting silly. The does everything but play or practise. Not even camp. It is at the point where I just do not get he is even around useless they are grooming him for coaching I guess.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Nic16 on September 07, 2023, 03:00:43 AM
Personally I have zero complaints about Biggie. I wouldn?t want to see the D without him leading it.

And funny thing is, a few BB fans & more recently Rider fans have stated Biggie is slowing down. Larry Dean is just a few months older than Biggie, and there is talk he could be up for MODP.

Dean has certainly been good, but IMO Biggie is more versatile and has been just as good defensively this year. He was more noticeable - in a good way - in the LDC than Dean was.

I have zero issues with Bighills play this year! He has been great.

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 07, 2023, 04:01:47 AM
He is my favourite player on the roster now BUT this is getting silly. The does everything but play of practise. Not even camp. It is at the point where I just do not get he is even around useless they are grooming him for coaching I guess.

He was doing a lot of coaching today.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 07, 2023, 04:03:14 AM
I have zero issues with Bighills play this year! He has been great.

Biggie has been much better this year than last.  The only real problem that seems to generate the most complaints is when he's trying to run to keep up with or catch a guy who's already out in space.  Ya, Biggie's slow on the run compared to the 24 year old speedsters.  So what.  I don't see Dean or anyone similar putting up hot 40 numbers.

You scheme around this Biggie limitation.  Let's give Biggie credit, he still runs to the ball even when it's hopeless, when most MLBs would just stop and stare.
Never go full Rider!

BLUEBOMBER

The whole BB team (except for Demski and Oliveira) needs to improve and play like it's for the Grey Cup every game. The Riders should not have beat the BB especially with a newbie Dolegala at QB.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on September 07, 2023, 04:11:27 AM
He was doing a lot of coaching today.

That's as good as we can hope for right now until he's cleared to return.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on September 07, 2023, 08:06:26 AM
The whole BB team (except for Demski and Oliveira) needs to improve and play like it's for the Grey Cup every game. The Riders should not have beat the BB especially with a newbie Dolegala at QB.
We were ahead 4 points with just under 2 minutes in a LDC.   Then MOS declines a no yards penalty giving up that valuable point so he can scrimmage from the 40 YL instead of the 30 YL.   Then we go tow and out and punt allowing another big return and the rest is history.    MOS finally admitted that he might do that differently as the no yards call in the end zone was a gift.   
Coulda wouda shoulda but give some credit to Dolegala and the Rider D.   
Bomber fan for life

buckzumhoff

That wasn't good for only 10 yards 1 point. Never give up a point unless you start from the 20 or less or can't get out of your endzone

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 07, 2023, 03:00:38 PM
We were ahead 4 points with just under 2 minutes in a LDC.   Then MOS declines a no yards penalty giving up that valuable point so he can scrimmage from the 40 YL instead of the 30 YL.   Then we go tow and out and punt allowing another big return and the rest is history.    MOS finally admitted that he might do that differently as the no yards call in the end zone was a gift.   
It is refreshing he admitted he messed up there.

The Zipp

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 07, 2023, 03:00:38 PM

i could be wrong but i think the play where we declined the no yards - we drove for a TD...the conceding the single came after that and we went two and out.  I am not going to bother watching that game again so someone who has a better memory can confirm.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on September 07, 2023, 03:37:29 PM
i could be wrong but i think the play where we declined the no yards - we drove for a TD...the conceding the single came after that and we went two and out.  I am not going to bother watching that game again so someone who has a better memory can confirm.

It doesn't matter what they did on that drive, it's the decision to give up one point that sunk them.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 07, 2023, 04:02:46 PM
It doesn't matter what they did on that drive, it's the decision to give up one point that sunk them.

Hindsight is always 100%.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

northof30

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 07, 2023, 04:02:46 PM
Absolutely correct, no hindsight needed.

Pigskin

I would have also given up the single point and bet on our O to get a couple of first downs and run out the clock, kick a field or single to force them to score TD to tie or beat us with pretty much no time on the clock. That was a terrible 2 and out.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Going to miss the Banjo Bowl live for the first time in a while... tested positive yesterday... thank goodness for stubhub and people that have too much money...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.