Banjo Bowl Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, September 04, 2023, 06:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

It is concerning the lack of in season adjustments we make, Haba goes down, we bring in Garbutt who doesn't see a down, Grant goes down and we try to repurpose a wide receiver, Miller goes down and we try to use a player that's never played fb . Adams isn't performing so we utilize Kramdl and don't appear to have a backup.
I know O'Shea likes to go the players that brought him but we need some adjustments Its typical of teams that have been good for a period that they don't make enough moves to stay on top. I know we still have a good record but chinks in the armor are showing

kronic

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 04, 2023, 09:56:35 PM
I only watched half of it.  I heard on the radio Kelly? got carried off the field but I wasn't sure if that was our player or Sask.

Their lineman. THAT didn?t look good. Out for a while for sure.
edited at the request of the moderators

GOLDMEMBER

I think I smell the thrashing next Saturday as well.

I look no further than Zach and improved version of himself.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

Quote from: kronic on September 04, 2023, 09:46:07 PM
I would hope this quote was before he saw the replay or there just might be?

?Don?t take the cheese, man!? said Dickenson. ?This is what (the Bombers) do. They?re good at it. They lead the league in the least amount of penalties and they draw the most amount of penalties. Every year.?

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/sports-col-davis-riders-beat-bombers-in-labour-day-2023/wcm/081c8361-56be-44d4-85f6-e879d21ee81d/amp/
What an idiot dickenson is, don?t take the cheese. So he more or less is saying Collaros drew that penalty and it?s a farce anyth8ng was called because that is what they do!? Unbelievable. The league should fine him for his comments. Just disgusting. Can?t imagine living in Saskatchewan and having to cheer for this group of degenerates. What a disgrace

blue_or_die

Quote from: dd on September 04, 2023, 11:12:06 PM
What an idiot dickenson is, don?t take the cheese. So he more or less is saying Collaros drew that penalty and it?s a farce anyth8ng was called because that is what they do!? Unbelievable. The league should fine him for his comments. Just disgusting. Can?t imagine living in Saskatchewan and having to cheer for this group of degenerates. What a disgrace

Dickenson suits that organization and their fans just perfectly.
#Ride?

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on September 04, 2023, 11:12:06 PM
That was disrespectful and I hope they play it in the Bomber locker room.    Not a fan of Dickheadson....sp?
Bomber fan for life

dd

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 04, 2023, 11:32:41 PM
Dickenson suits that organization and their fans just perfectly.
Yes he does. When he?s standing on the sidelines with that dazed open mouth blank stare on his face he looks like something right out of deliverance!!!

theaardvark

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 04, 2023, 09:05:12 PM
In years past we used to have a designated backup for our primary returner.    Remember Lucky Whitehead.   When Grant went down it wasn't a noticeable downgrade when he subbed in.   I remember those who wanted to keep him over Grant.   It's such an important aspect of the game now and when your primary returner is gone for half a season or more, you need a good back up on the roster.....or you go find someone.    Just waiting for your guy to come off the injury list and filling in with players who aren't up to it is pretty lame.....imho

McCrae has been our backup at PR/KR for a couple years...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 04, 2023, 09:12:51 PM
I wonder if Robertson will appeal or will he sit out on Saturday? If he plays it could develop into a brawl. If he appeals can they get it done before the end of the season? That's always been an issue of it taking so long.

I really think that appeals should carry a penalty if they are upheld. Like a coaches challenge.  Penalty is assessed, you challenge, you need to lose something more.   Like an additional game...

Would really stop the idiotic "appeal so I can play the next game" scam...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

If he appeals so he can play next game he?s stupider than I ever thought he was. There will for sure be retribution in the Banjo Bowl, Bombers will be up 20 points and things are going to get out of hand. And dickenson will be yelling? don?t take the cheese from the top of his lungs? on the sideline. It will get ugly quick

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: theaardvark on September 04, 2023, 11:43:58 PM
McCrae has been our backup at PR/KR for a couple years...
Even so....he is not a returner per se....he is a running back/receiver who has been assigned to being the back up.    Janarian Grant is a returner which is his primary job....he gets into the offence on occasion.   Parker is not a returner either however he can fill in as one.    I understand it would be difficult to have two bonafide returners on the roster at the same time.    However, both Parker and McCrae do not appear t9 be comfortable in that role.   Find someone who is....perhaps easier said than done however our dismal stats in return yards tell all.   
Bomber fan for life

pjrocksmb

Quote from: kronic on September 04, 2023, 10:08:05 PM
Their lineman. THAT didn?t look good. Out for a while for sure.
Thanks man, I didn't think we dressed Kelly.  Is he one of their starters?

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 04, 2023, 09:56:35 PM
I only watched half of it.  I heard on the radio Kelly? got carried off the field but I wasn't sure if that was our player or Sask.

It was the Rider OL that was injured. He's their RT.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on September 04, 2023, 11:46:19 PM
I really think that appeals should carry a penalty if they are upheld. Like a coaches challenge.  Penalty is assessed, you challenge, you need to lose something more.   Like an additional game...

Would really stop the idiotic "appeal so I can play the next game" scam...

I can never understand appeals. He did it, it was caught on video and he was suspended. The only thing that usually happens is when an appeal is for more than 1 game and the appeal results in a reduction.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 04, 2023, 09:05:12 PM
In years past we used to have a designated backup for our primary returner.    Remember Lucky Whitehead.   When Grant went down it wasn't a noticeable downgrade when he subbed in.   I remember those who wanted to keep him over Grant.

Later in that season, and the post-season, we did not dress both Grant and Lucky.  Grant won the spot.  And Lucky left because he was too good for the PR/IR.  You can't keep two all-star mostly-returner-only players in the CFL, you just can't.

Ya, Lucky is having his worst season ever, and isn't even doing returns.  They tried to Banks-him but he's not Banks (weak hands, still).  He should go back to primarily-returns, where hands don't matter.

Grant was the better choice.  The best we can hope for at the moment is some other AR guy can be ok at returns.  Think Fogg.
Never go full Rider!