Banjo Bowl Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, September 04, 2023, 06:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Need a better start to this game. Hopefully Grant is back for this one.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

We NEED Grant back. Zach needs to shake off this crap stretch he seems to be on.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

3rdand1.5

Zach and Lawler need to get on the same page, they are both so talented but are not connecting enough yet.....

We better see some changes on specials....

DM83

Parker is not a return guy.  Probably no one is with the guys on special teams.  They shouldn?t even be on the roster.

Lincoln Locomotive

In years past we used to have a designated backup for our primary returner.    Remember Lucky Whitehead.   When Grant went down it wasn't a noticeable downgrade when he subbed in.   I remember those who wanted to keep him over Grant.   It's such an important aspect of the game now and when your primary returner is gone for half a season or more, you need a good back up on the roster.....or you go find someone.    Just waiting for your guy to come off the injury list and filling in with players who aren't up to it is pretty lame.....imho
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

I wonder if Robertson will appeal or will he sit out on Saturday? If he plays it could develop into a brawl. If he appeals can they get it done before the end of the season? That's always been an issue of it taking so long.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

I expect us to cream em

Runs and bombs are our friend

D will step up

Special teams need help

Zach will throw 3 tds, 1 int

I would be patient on Grant, guy is a top player no need to rush him.

kronic

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 04, 2023, 09:12:51 PM
I wonder if Robertson will appeal or will he sit out on Saturday? If he plays it could develop into a brawl. If he appeals can they get it done before the end of the season? That's always been an issue of it taking so long.

I hate to say it but the smart thing for them to do is appeal so he plays against us then sits when they play Edmonton when they lose the appeal.

I also think appealing would send a HORRIBLE message to their entire team, so I?d be shocked if they do. There?s no way Dickenson can try to defend it after seeing the replay.
edited at the request of the moderators

kronic

Thinking about it again, I don?t think they stand a chance against us at home next weekend, so it might be smarter to let him sit against us and be stronger against Edmonton. Appealing it would be classless in any case imo.

pjrocksmb

kronic

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 04, 2023, 09:30:38 PM
I expect us to cream em

Runs and bombs are our friend

D will step up

Special teams need help

Zach will throw 3 tds, 1 int

I would be patient on Grant, guy is a top player no need to rush him.

I expect a similar reaction to this game as the loss we had against BC.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: kronic on September 04, 2023, 09:41:47 PM
I expect a similar reaction to this game as the loss we had against BC.
As long as we are healthy we win by 14

kronic

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 04, 2023, 09:40:54 PM
There won't be an appeal imo

I would hope this quote was before he saw the replay or there just might be?

?Don?t take the cheese, man!? said Dickenson. ?This is what (the Bombers) do. They?re good at it. They lead the league in the least amount of penalties and they draw the most amount of penalties. Every year.?

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/sports-col-davis-riders-beat-bombers-in-labour-day-2023/wcm/081c8361-56be-44d4-85f6-e879d21ee81d/amp/

kronic

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 04, 2023, 09:45:49 PM
As long as we are healthy we win by 14

I didn?t SEE any significant injuries, so hopefully there weren?t any.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: kronic on September 04, 2023, 09:47:37 PM
I didn?t SEE any significant injuries, so hopefully there weren?t any.
I only watched half of it.  I heard on the radio Kelly? got carried off the field but I wasn't sure if that was our player or Sask.