LIONS @ ALOUETTES GDT

Started by Bluehawk, September 02, 2023, 10:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

absolutely brutal and stupid play by beverette could cost them the game

Lincoln Locomotive

If it wasn't CF making two bad throws in the end zone and others taking stupid penalties, Montreal could have won this game.    A BC TD will be game over
Bomber fan for life

The Zipp

That was a tough RTP penalty- borderline to no penalty IMO

dd

No way that was a penalty, absolutely brutal call and pivotal play. Shame on the refs

Pete

the has been no consistancy from the command center all year. I've said it before, there has to be more transparency. Also tsn commentators need to show more back bone

TBURGESS

The RTP was helmet to helmet. I was surprised it wasn't called on the field.

BC needs to get more disciplined if they want to get back into the top tier. At the end of the first half, they took an obvious RTP that kept a Montreal drive going. Cost them 3. Then they took a time count that cost them 3 more. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

dd

You REALLY have to look to see if it was helmet to helmet, it didn?t look like it to me. What gets me, is they call this very iffy play and yet let the Collaros hit go uncalled. And that hit resulted in injury. Absolutely zero consistency.

I m all for being conservative on these types of calls, if it maybe appears to have been H2H, then call it and call it every stinking time , but don?t not call an obvious one, that gets challenged no less, and you stand on the non call, that makes a mockery and joke of the entire process and really compromises the credibility of anything that comes out of command centre

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on September 03, 2023, 02:44:52 PM
You REALLY have to look to see if it was helmet to helmet, it didn?t look like it to me. What gets me, is they call this very iffy play and yet let the Collaros hit go uncalled. And that hit resulted in injury. Absolutely zero consistency.

I m all for being conservative on these types of calls, if it maybe appears to have been H2H, then call it and call it every stinking time , but don?t not call an obvious one, that gets challenged no less, and you stand on the non call, that makes a mockery and joke of the entire process and really compromises the credibility of anything that comes out of command centre

The difference is the hit on Collaros was unintentional and the player did everything he could to avoid falling directly  on him.  Collaros did nothing to protect himself and in fact put himself into a vulnerable position.  Zach needs to cut down on the errors he's committing this season, there's no reason for him to continue making poor decisions as the team is 8-2 and there's no level of desperation.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 03, 2023, 06:08:03 PM
The difference is the hit on Collaros was unintentional and the player did everything he could to avoid falling directly  on him.  Collaros did nothing to protect himself and in fact put himself into a vulnerable position.  Zach needs to cut down on the errors he's committing this season, there's no reason for him to continue making poor decisions as the team is 8-2 and there's no level of desperation.

Hits to QB?s heads are only in penalized if they?re unintentional?
#Ride?

dd

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 03, 2023, 08:06:03 PM
Exactly. Unintentional or intentional, the damage is done and so should be penalized the same. How many unintentional high sticking penalties are called in the nhl??? A ton and rightfully so.

You are to be in control of where your helmet is going and if it strikes another player in the head, that?s 15 yards every time

TecnoGenius

So busy with the LDC trip, just watching the other 3 games now.

2Q7:47 Philpot makes a nice grab, gets up, and does the 2-hands pistol shooting & holster motions, clear as day.  A few years ago that was a penalty every time.  I don't think that rule has changed.  Every couple of games a player will do the gun thing and the refs haven't called it for 3+ years?  Sometimes the players are sneakier about it, but TSN often captures it and replays it as if to rub it in the refs' faces.

I won't get into whether it's a good rule or dumb rule (i'll leave you to guess), I'm just wondering why they stopped calling it, because inconsistency bugs me, and if called selectively it could be used to influence game outcomes.

Luckily for us I haven't seen our MOS-led team do that in the last 5 seasons, and maybe even for the entire MOS tenure.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on September 03, 2023, 08:06:03 PM

Intent should have no bearing on a referee's decision to throw a flag.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 07, 2023, 08:38:15 AM
So busy with the LDC trip, just watching the other 3 games now.

2Q7:47 Philpot makes a nice grab, gets up, and does the 2-hands pistol shooting & holster motions, clear as day.  A few years ago that was a penalty every time.  I don't think that rule has changed.  Every couple of games a player will do the gun thing and the refs haven't called it for 3+ years?  Sometimes the players are sneakier about it, but TSN often captures it and replays it as if to rub it in the refs' faces.

I won't get into whether it's a good rule or dumb rule (i'll leave you to guess), I'm just wondering why they stopped calling it, because inconsistency bugs me, and if called selectively it could be used to influence game outcomes.

Luckily for us I haven't seen our MOS-led team do that in the last 5 seasons, and maybe even for the entire MOS tenure.
I would bet the entire tenure. I can?t see MOS endorsing such bush league antics. Someone should tell phillipot that  Receivers are supposed to catch passes, it?s there job. Quit being a punk and do your job.

The inconsistency comes from some players direct it at an opponent and that gets flagged but if a guy is just celebrating they turn the blind eye(s)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 03, 2023, 02:44:52 PM

Live, and all the replays except for the last one, the H2H looks incidental with no head-jerk.  He seems to lead with his shoulder below the neck.  But the final replay they show you can see the helmet causes VAJ's helmet to twist slightly, so there is a sudden, but somewhat minor, movement, just not in the normal direction.

I'm pretty sure it's that final view that pushed command to call RTP.  It's still very marginal, but they have been taking so much heat for not protecting QBs (like Zach).  The fact VAJ was in the pocket doesn't help Sewell's cause either.

It's such a nice looking sack, that I'm sure we're all a bit sad that it has to be ruled this way.  After all, VAJ wasn't remotely hurt or inconvenienced by it.  But I can see why it was called.
Never go full Rider!