Redblacks at Elks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 27, 2023, 06:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Ottawa has issues for playoffs now!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Lincoln Locomotive

still within the realm of possibilities....have to convert 2 points....nope....that's the ole ball game
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 28, 2023, 01:52:28 AM
still within the realm of possibilities....have to convert 2 points....nope....that's the ole ball game
lol

Lincoln Locomotive

Bomber fan for life

bunker

Glad Elks finally got the home win. Amazing what having a decent QB can do, plus getting Lewis back. Ford had a very good game. Obviously a very good running QB, but he also used his mobility to buy himself time, and kept his eyes downfield. Elks back in the playoff race at 2-9  

Lincoln Locomotive

You can see why the Elks have lost so many games.....undisciplined penalties galore and some questionable coaching decisions late in games.   However despite themselves, they managed to pull one off.    That's a KingKong sized monkey off their backs.    Tre Ford looks like he is exactly what the Elks need at this point in time.    He certain is exciting to watch!
Bomber fan for life

Stats Junkie

Last home win by the Edmonton Elks was November 11, 1922. The Edmonton Elks defeated the Winnipeg Victorias 19-6 at Diamond Park in Edmonton to advance to the Dominion Championship.

Last home win in a regular season game was October 25, 1922. Edmonton Elks defeated Edmonton Harlequins 24-0.

Streak is over!!
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie

I am a Stats Junkie, a Rules Junkie & a Canadian Football History Junkie!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Stats Junkie on August 28, 2023, 02:06:55 AM
Last home win by the Edmonton Elks was November 11, 1922. The Edmonton Elks defeated the Winnipeg Victorias 19-6 at Diamond Park in Edmonton to advance to the Dominion Championship.

Last home win in a regular season game was October 25, 1922. Edmonton Elks defeated Edmonton Harlequins 24-0.

Streak is over!!
:D you are funny!

The Zipp

The back to back with Calgary is gonna be huge for those teams...

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 28, 2023, 02:05:11 AM
You can see why the Elks have lost so many games.....undisciplined penalties galore and some questionable coaching decisions late in games.   However despite themselves, they managed to pull one off.    That's a KingKong sized monkey off their backs.    Tre Ford looks like he is exactly what the Elks need at this point in time.    He certain is exciting to watch!

You can see the entire team and probably all of the coaching staff is afraid of the "wrath of Jones", he may be the only coach left in the CFL that constantly berates everyone around him, Corey Chamblin may have been the last HC to use that strategy.  Jason Mass seems to have learned from his mistakes and now looks to have control of his anger.

As for Crum, he's out of miracles and may not even develop into a future starter, his progression seems to have stalled.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 28, 2023, 12:00:55 AM
Sick throw and catch, Crum to Evans.

Right before the 3min warning in 1st H: it was 100% OPI, if Jones had challenged, he negates that huge completion.  Didn't see it until the last replay, though, so Jones maybe didn't have time.  Nice catch anyway.  But the OPI is how he separated at the last second.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bunker on August 28, 2023, 12:14:17 AM
Interesting they let the receiver straight arm the DB (that was more than hand fighting I thought) to prevent him from closing, but if the DB were to do that to the receiver it would be PI. They really have a high bar for offensive PI, but I guess the offences need all the help they can get.

Ah, you beat me to it, I see!  It was a great hidden OPI by the R; I didn't notice it live, or on every replay except the final one.  The final one shows how obvious it was.  It was a definite full-arm elbow-lock extension that created separation right before the time of the catch, and that's OPI every day of the week.  If challenged, Jones wins.

But I see why it wasn't called live.  It was so fast and at a shielded angle that no ref saw it.  You can't blame them in this case.  That type of OPI can only be caught on replay and challenge.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on August 28, 2023, 12:31:44 AM
I have posted on Twitter the past couple season, asking @CFLonTSN to put out PSAs to advise fans which TSN channel will carry a CFL game in its entirety. I've come to the conclusion that whoever runs that account works Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm ET. @CFLonTSN rarely posts anything while a game is in progress.

It seems so easy to me.  You have 5 channels, just designate one as the "never miss a non-overlap CFL game channel".  So if it's a non-double-header then you are guaranteed that TSN channel will never miss the beginning nor end of a CFL game.  And if it's a double-header with overlap, the worst you can miss is one or other side of the overlap.

Why is this so hard for TSN??  Do they not understand that most people are PVRing these days?  Even if I watch live I'm using the PVR.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 28, 2023, 01:14:44 AM
Why do they call a too many men penalty before the play gets off??

If it's O, like this one, then it's "too many men in the huddle" and it's called before the snap.  When it's D it's just "too many men" and it's called on the snap.

The reason it's called early on O is it doesn't give the D a chance to know the true player set and react with substitutions.  Imagine if they waited until the snap: you could put 20 guys on the field in the huddle and then 8 guys randomly walk off: the D would have no idea who to field or what D scheme to use!

Therefore when the huddle forms, it can only be 12.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 28, 2023, 01:40:01 AM
Yes he is. That was a very dangerous hit on the kicker, could have blown his leg out

I think his shoulder got Nichols'ed by his own weight and 5 foot fall.
Never go full Rider!