He SEALS the deal

Started by theaardvark, August 25, 2023, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: bunker on August 28, 2023, 12:08:35 AM
Now to that you bring it up, I recall that one.  That's 4 years ago. We could go another 10 years without a long snapper injury now that the rule has been changed. I  think you need someone designated as doing it in a pinch, but I wouldn't dedicate a roster spot for something that's very unlikely to happen.

I'd guess we'd use one of the 2 extra OL for an in game injury situation. There must be someone that does reps in practice besides Benson and Jackson?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on August 27, 2023, 06:12:39 PM
If he was functionally equivalent to BO20, he'd be on another roster probably.

He is different, but right now, BO20 is tearing up the league.  So, lets sit him and put an inferior player in for him.  Said no coach ever.

On the other hand, if teams figure out how to scheme to stop BO20 and we need a different look, JA27 is there to come in.  He no doubt has a package in Buck's playbook that they can roll out on a moments notice id BO20 gets injured, or is not being effective.

Just to be clear, I'm suggesting Augustine fills McCrae's role as an occasional offensive weapon, since McCrae is likely to be removed from the game-day with the return of Grant.  Not suggesting he replaces Brady running the ball except in garbage time, as he did last game.  Anyone assuming Johnny can't run and also receive needs to review the highlights of the 2021 LDC and Banjo Bowl in which he excelled in both games.

theaardvark

Quote from: RebusRankin on August 27, 2023, 09:46:01 PM
Bennett is a back up DE. He takes regular rotational reps. He's recorded some tackles and we've seen some pressures.

Bennett is not a "backup", he is part of the rotation.  A backup is someone who does not play unless there is an injury... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on August 28, 2023, 03:08:57 PM
Bennett is not a "backup", he is part of the rotation.  A backup is someone who does not play unless there is an injury... 

That's a ridiculous thing to say. You're just making up definitions.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 28, 2023, 03:55:49 AM
Just to be clear, I'm suggesting Augustine fills McCrae's role as an occasional offensive weapon, since McCrae is likely to be removed from the game-day with the return of Grant.  Not suggesting he replaces Brady running the ball except in garbage time, as he did last game.  Anyone assuming Johnny can't run and also receive needs to review the highlights of the 2021 LDC and Banjo Bowl in which he excelled in both games.
That was 2 years ago but I do not mind that move as well. Johnny gets little opportunity. He really is not a kick returner though. Could be a nightmare there in handling those kicks.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

He?s a good player. I am guessing he is too small to be a regular everydown back?