Blue Bombers at Riders Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, August 25, 2023, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on August 30, 2023, 08:20:52 PM
I can't wait to get Lawrence back in the secondary as well maybe rotational SAM?

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on August 30, 2023, 08:27:48 PM
I wonder if theres a way to fit Haba, Clements and Hansen all on the roster? that front 7 rotation would be lethal.

Quote from: Pete on August 30, 2023, 08:38:31 PM
Clements replaces Cole,
Haba replaces Jackson or Darby
Hansen would have to replace Marou

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 30, 2023, 08:51:30 PM
What the crap happened to/with Darby?

If all these hopefuls come off the IR we have some major roster shuffling/problems.  It'll really blow up the status quo.

I don't see Lawrence going on the AR.  Haba probably gets on.  Clements, I'm not sold on now that we see what Wilson brings, so ya I guess Cole goes to PR, or Clements extends on IR??  He is a "vet" guy so that is in his favor the way MOS handles the AR.

Losing Maruo will be a bit of a blow, but maybe doable with Gauthier back.  Maruo has been getting reams of reps this season.  But you definitely don't keep Hansen off the AR if he's healthy.  My guess is they/he are easing back into game form to make sure they can feel out if the heel is truly ok.

No one knows what happened to Darby.  He was a world-beater vet like Rose and Nichols and then poof after his injury he's getting Gaitored/Rutledged but still on the AR and we're starting a NAT instead!  If it's just a case of Darby losing the spot to a better player, and Darby is loyal enough to hang around then all kudos to Darby as that shows something about his character and devotion that we don't often see.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Darby is only in-game backup defensive back in case of injury. It would be really hard to take him out for Haba.

The Zipp

Ed Tait

Drew Wolitarsky not practising today for the
@Wpg_BlueBombers
with Brendan O?Leary-Orange in his place

GOLDMEMBER

Oh no no guitar man. We need the guitar man. BOO would replace in nicely. Thanks.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

northof30

I know we're pretty set in the receiver department especially with Lawler back but do you see Agudosi remaining on the Practice Roster or being traded or ???.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 31, 2023, 11:58:28 AM
Darby is only in-game backup defensive back in case of injury. It would be really hard to take him out for Haba.

Hallett The Uninjured can step in fine for a DB.  Probably Exume too.  Darby dressing just for in-game injuries seems like a waste?  If that's what we're doing with Darby then I'd rather dress Parker.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: northof30 on August 31, 2023, 07:38:40 PM
I know we're pretty set in the receiver department especially with Lawler back but do you see Agudosi remaining on the Practice Roster or being traded or ???.

Unless Lawler, Schoen or Bailey get injured, Agudosi will probably remain on the PR till the end of the season, if that happens I can't see him returning next year.  He didn't shine enough in the games he had before Lawler's return, too bad because I think Zach mostly ignored him.  I don't think he has much trade value.

Waffler

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 31, 2023, 08:15:12 PM
Unless Lawler, Schoen or Bailey gets injured, Agudosi will probably remain on the PR till the end of the season

I would have like to see some plays to exploit his height advantage. It's the one thing he has no one else can do. He's not the fastest, does not have the best hands but he can out tall anybody.  It's a head scratcher right beside the run Grant and all of his 157 pounds up the middle play.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

As we thought: Hansen, Haba and Grant won't play this week. Just seeing how they feel and look after being off the roster for several weeks. This week and next week gives them several practices and then the decisions will be made. It allows give full benefit to SMS completing the 6 week IR issue.

It does sound as though Woli is fine. Just a vet day either to rest of deal with some personal issue. No problem.

Not quite sure about Briggs or Gauthier until we see the daily IR report. Even that doesn't mean much.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

I think the Bombers will want to keep Agudosi because it will probably difficult to sign both Lawler and Schoen.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 31, 2023, 07:51:42 PM
Hallett The Uninjured can step in fine for a DB.  Probably Exume too.  Darby dressing just for in-game injuries seems like a waste?  If that's what we're doing with Darby then I'd rather dress Parker.

Okay, well, we're not doing that.

theaardvark

I don't think a oft injured unproven but with flashes of potential WR is going to garner much on the trade market.  If he hits the PR and someone is interested, they can scoop him (or trade us a late draft pick to avoid infringing the "Gentlemans Agreement"

He's here because he knows the system, and could be a late season sub in case of injury... I can see them leaving his ELC on the IR rather than exposing him on the PR.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on August 31, 2023, 09:50:32 PM
I don't think a oft injured unproven but with flashes of potential WR is going to garner much on the trade market.  If he hits the PR and someone is interested, they can scoop him (or trade us a late draft pick to avoid infringing the "Gentlemans Agreement"

He's here because he knows the system, and could be a late season sub in case of injury... I can see them leaving his ELC on the IR rather than exposing him on the PR.

Agudosi has been on the PR since Lawler's return.

LXTSN

Quote from: The Zipp on August 31, 2023, 05:24:13 PM
Ed Tait

Drew Wolitarsky not practising today for the
@Wpg_BlueBombers
with Brendan O?Leary-Orange in his place
If Woli is out, couldn't we start McCrae? Since Kramdi is starting now it should open up a DI spot for a guy like Parker right?

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 31, 2023, 10:48:19 PM
Agudosi has been on the PR since Lawler's return.

Wow... I thought he was o the one game...

I guess the idea of "trade" is out the window...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.