Montreal @ Winnipeg Thursday August 24th.

Started by Pigskin, August 19, 2023, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 21, 2023, 07:44:41 PM
Hahaha! You use the heel of your worst three bottles of liquor and top with warm, flat champagne. Garnish with limp celery.

Don't forget to salt the rim. A rusty fajardo is very salty.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Oh God! I was a bartender many years ago, and that sounds disgusting
So, I hate to criticize, and not leave something positive
How about a Bomber shooter?

This could be a layered little ditty.
In a shooter glass, or a shot glass
1/2 ounce Blue cura?ao
1/2 ounce Galliano
1/2 ounce peppermint schnapps

Blue In BC

Gauthier was the only player on IR fully practising. I expect him back this week but who does he bump off the AR? Alexander is not injured but not practising. Is that a vet day for him?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

OK, so have you seen teh "Big Ukranian Burger for this game?  Coil of garlic sausage, 20 perogies, sour cream, kraut on a Walby bun... $40.  Gonna take one down!

Gauthier and Parker listed as full participants... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

BBRT

Quote from: theaardvark on August 21, 2023, 09:31:19 PM
OK, so have you seen teh "Big Ukranian Burger for this game?  Coil of garlic sausage, 20 perogies, sour cream, kraut on a Walby bun... $40.  Gonna take one down!

Gauthier and Parker listed as full participants... 

You really know how to hurt a guy - the only thing I miss after moving from the Peg to Calgary (other than my Bombers) is the Ukranian food. My wife has 9 bothers and sisters and over 1/2 of them are married to Ukranian folks and as someone from Dallas Texas arriving to the Peg in 1971 - Ukranian food was my first introduction to Canadian fare. And boy do I miss it! Still looking for a good Ukranian Restaurant here in Calgary!

theaardvark

Quote from: BBRT on August 21, 2023, 09:42:26 PM
You really know how to hurt a guy - the only thing I miss after moving from the Peg to Calgary (other than my Bombers) is the Ukranian food. My wife has 9 bothers and sisters and over 1/2 of them are married to Ukranian folks and as someone from Dallas Texas arriving to the Peg in 1971 - Ukranian food was my first introduction to Canadian fare. And boy do I miss it! Still looking for a good Ukranian Restaurant here in Calgary!

https://www.facebook.com/921citi/videos/585280706942831
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

BlueInCgy

Quote from: BBRT on August 21, 2023, 09:42:26 PM

Can?t help you with a good Ukrainian restaurant but I can put you on this list for perogies next time I make them once the snow flies.  Not traditional in the least, but good enough to make my Polish Ukrainian wife and my perogy making mother demand I make them in front of them because they didn?t believe I made them.

Heritage bakery makes some fairly stellar perogies as well.  And both Save On and select Walmarts carry Winkler sausage.

3rdand1.5

A good blue and gold drink...or almost gold...

mix tequila and OJ and put aside

pour blue caracao into a fancy glass about 1/3rd full then using a straw pour the tequila and orange juice into the bottom of the glass, done correctly it is a cool layered blue and gold drink....and well it tastes pretty good also!

On aside great news that Zach is practicing, hopefully he isn't too sore to go again tomorrow! 

Pete

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2023, 09:28:42 PM
Gauthier was the only player on IR fully practicing. I expect him back this week but who does he bump off the AR? Alexander is not injured but not practicing. Is that a vet day for him?
lI would think it would be between Burtenshaw and Briggs, personally I think Briggs hasn't been very good this year.
But since OShea seems partial to Jackson, it may be Burtenshaw

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pete on August 22, 2023, 12:01:50 AM
lI would think it would be between Burtenshaw and Briggs, personally I think Briggs hasn't been very good this year.
But since OShea seems partial to Jackson, it may be Burtenshaw

Briggs does get reps on the field on defence and ST's. I usually notice him when the opposition QB is running free and he's in chase. Briggs has been horrible this year.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on August 21, 2023, 11:37:56 PM
A good blue and gold drink...or almost gold...

mix tequila and OJ and put aside

pour blue caracao into a fancy glass about 1/3rd full then using a straw pour the tequila and orange juice into the bottom of the glass, done correctly it is a cool layered blue and gold drink....and well it tastes pretty good also!

On aside great news that Zach is practicing, hopefully he isn't too sore to go again tomorrow! 

Gimme something without tequila and I'll try it when the strike is over.
My wife is amazing!

BBRT

Quote from: BlueInCgy on August 21, 2023, 10:47:51 PM
Can?t help you with a good Ukrainian restaurant but I can put you on this list for perogies next time I make them once the snow flies.  Not traditional in the least, but good enough to make my Polish Ukrainian wife and my perogy making mother demand I make them in front of them because they didn?t believe I made them.

Heritage bakery makes some fairly stellar perogies as well.  And both Save On and select Walmarts carry Winkler sausage.

Many thanks - my PT knows of a good Ukrainian Grocery way on the NE side and I am going to make a trip there this weekend. And yes put me on your list for perogies when winter hits. And we did find Winkler sausage at Save On so good there - have it with my eggs and home made hashbrowns on weekends (boss lady and I share the duty). Heritage Bakery is ok just not as good as what I remember getting in the Peg!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on August 22, 2023, 02:41:23 PM
Gimme something without tequila and I'll try it when the strike is over.

With that recipe, you could probably use vodka instead of tequila and it'd be equally tasty.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 22, 2023, 05:15:02 PM
With that recipe, you could probably use vodka instead of tequila and it'd be equally tasty.

Nice.
My wife is amazing!

bwiser

I rewatched most of the game against Montreal earlier this season last night. Demski was not in the lineup because his partner was having a baby. McRae was used a lot in this game and was quite effective.Jefferson was in Fajardo's face all night. The D line really dominated Montreals line. Offense was a little off that night but the defense came up with numerous big plays including a huge INT by Alexander and a fumble recovery by Houston. Keys to Thursdays game will be similar, dominate the lines and don't turnover the ball and come up with a few turnovers of your own.