Montreal @ Winnipeg Thursday August 24th.

Started by Pigskin, August 19, 2023, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 20, 2023, 05:41:13 PM
Good memory my friend.
yes but what I had for breakfast is often a mystery....lol!
Bomber fan for life

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: dd on August 20, 2023, 07:38:49 PM
That was a brutal play by a brutal player. I lost all respect for Lemon after that and only hope he gets what?s coming to him
In this day and age that play would have resulted in a URP call....there was no penalty on the play as I recall and Matt was out of the game.....ending his season.    He had the Bombers on a roll up until that point....
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blueraid on August 20, 2023, 05:37:56 PM
I hope the Als. go with Fajardo.....we are his nemesis....Considering that I bet we see Evans...he's on a bit of a roll....Rather see Zack in for us but if he's not ready Dru will have to fill the bill...I just hope Brown has left that effort he gave in Cal. in cowtown.....I know he's better than what he showed in that narrow win...he has to be, cuz Mont. is no pushover

Yes, Cody is preferable because he still has nightmares about 2 WDFs, and fever dreams of Willie jumping in his face and Jeffcoat whacking him in his blindspot.   :D  Cody is far more predictable.

I think Cody is good to go, though if they think Caleb has a hot hand and realize we have trouble with a "running QB" they might keep the status quo.  Caleb may also have a new found confidence, which can be dangerous.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 20, 2023, 07:38:49 PM
That was a brutal play by a brutal player. I lost all respect for Lemon after that and only hope he gets what?s coming to him

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 21, 2023, 04:37:15 AM
In this day and age that play would have resulted in a URP call....there was no penalty on the play as I recall and Matt was out of the game.....ending his season.    He had the Bombers on a roll up until that point....

I always thought it was clean.  Yes, they have tightened up a bit with the "full body weight" stuff, so maybe they call it nowadays?  Probably ya, because (unlike Zach) Nichols was fully in the pocket.

Lemon has actually sounded like a nice, and intelligent, guy in pressers, and picked us to win the '19 GC against all odds.  I have nothing against Lemon.

And I say all this as probably the most disappointed fan here when we lost Nichols and he didn't get the GC "win", and the team was forced to dump a wounded lame QB.  I'm the #1 Nichols fan.  Landing on his throwing arm in such a way was just plain awful luck.

Yoshi (and extra RB/WR blocking) will just have to make sure Zach/Dru are 100% Lemon-free.
Never go full Rider!

RebusRankin

Evans and his running ability scare me more than Fajardo for whatever reason.

The Zipp

Quote from: RebusRankin on August 21, 2023, 02:22:29 PM
Evans and his running ability scare me more than Fajardo for whatever reason.

Evans goes down really easy wheras Faj must have a core made of steel as he can shed tackles really well.  I think either will have a tough day if we play like we should at home.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 21, 2023, 10:28:04 AM
I always thought it was clean.  Yes, they have tightened up a bit with the "full body weight" stuff, so maybe they call it nowadays?  Probably ya, because (unlike Zach) Nichols was fully in the pocket.

Lemon has actually sounded like a nice, and intelligent, guy in pressers, and picked us to win the '19 GC against all odds.  I have nothing against Lemon.

And I say all this as probably the most disappointed fan here when we lost Nichols and he didn't get the GC "win", and the team was forced to dump a wounded lame QB.  I'm the #1 Nichols fan.  Landing on his throwing arm in such a way was just plain awful luck.

Yoshi (and extra RB/WR blocking) will just have to make sure Zach/Dru are 100% Lemon-free.

Agreed and Lemon is still playing and wreaking havoc.    Based on what constitutes UR in this day and age that play would have been borderline UR.   I thought at the time that the hit was legal and unfortunately for Nicholls his throwing arm was never the same.   The irony was that it opened the door for us to sign Zach and he has been a winner for us ever since and stayed remarkably injury free for most of his time here.    None of us would have predicted it when we signed him and thought he was one concussion away from a career ending injury. I do remember stating after his very first game, with only 3 practices with our offence, that he gave us a shot.  It was against the Stamps at home  where he made that incredible roll out away from extreme pressure and completed a miracle throw to Adams in the end zone to win the game.   In those days the Stamps owned us and BLM would routinely make those great passes to win games.    I always believed Matt to be a game manager and a decent QB yet he wasn't capable of making that type of play.    
Bomber fan for life

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2023, 02:53:29 PM
Evans goes down really easy wheras Faj must have a core made of steel as he can shed tackles really well.  I think either will have a tough day if we play like we should at home.

I think I'd take a rusty Fajardo but Evans doesn't scare me. It would be another slow rush, contain kind of look from our front, similar to the Edmonton game if we see Evans. If he's a pocket passer, he'd be in for a long night.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 21, 2023, 03:29:11 PM
I think I'd take a rusty Fajardo but Evans doesn't scare me. It would be another slow rush, contain kind of look from our front, similar to the Edmonton game if we see Evans. If he's a pocket passer, he'd be in for a long night.

Not worried about Evans, he never looks away from his primary target and throws to that target regardless of coverage, a good secondary should have field day against him.  Fajardo is more unpredictable, he's improved his accuracy on long balls this season and the Als have some very good receivers to target, he's also pretty good at running for 10-15 yds. when he needs to.  Have to give him some respect for his play this year.

The Zipp

Zach Collaros is back practising as the
@Wpg_BlueBombers
open this week's practice schedule

From Ed Tait

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2023, 05:11:40 PM
@Wpg_BlueBombers

From Ed Tait

Fantastic news!

Stretch

Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Stretch on August 21, 2023, 07:42:06 PM
Sounds like some kind horrible cocktail.

Hahaha! You use the heel of your worst three bottles of liquor and top with warm, flat champagne. Garnish with limp celery.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 21, 2023, 05:11:40 PM
@Wpg_BlueBombers

From Ed Tait

Made my day Zipp! Cheers
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 21, 2023, 07:44:41 PM
Hahaha! You use the heel of your worst three bottles of liquor and top with warm, flat champagne. Garnish with limp celery.
ewww you sure can paint a picture.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!